Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD subthread] Side effects and Reactions

killo said:
There is no such thing as "dirty" LSD.

LSD is LSD.

If you have LSD that felt significantly different than other doses and was physically uncomfortable with anxiety related to that.

Then it was more than likely NOT LSD and a RC instead.

LSD never produces physical distress bad enough to give anxiety. Rather the tension can come on from anxiety itself if your trip goes that way. And even that anxiety-physical distress is NOTHING compared to RC's which can give horrible physical symptons(DOX, AMT ect.)

As the above poster said, think twice before you dose the same batch of this so-called "LSD". It may be a RC....but we're not here to determine that.
not true. There is such a thing as dirty acid. It comes from degradation byproducts not adulterants of other unresearched chemicals (I dislike using the term RC, as if there is actually legit research being done on those chemicals).

LSD can degrade into byproducts like iso-LSD and lumi-LSD which are more toxic to the human body than LSD and account for most the muscle aches and tension if that is prevalent in the tail end (although LSD itself also can cause the body to tense up and ache since it is a powerful psychotropic drug).

Fastandbulbous has made some good posts about this in the past (we've had this discussion too many times to count now!! =D)

learn something new every day :)

I've taken LSD that had my thoughts racing like a psychopath and left me drained at the end of the trip, and I've had LSD that gives me a completely clear mind and left the tail end of the trip to be a very calming and enjoyable experience. There is a difference, no doubt about it.

Weirdness with bodily functions on acid

hey everyone. I tripped earlier this week on some acid for about the 7th time ever. So i've had some experience and some really deep times. This past time was great but it got very dark for a while. It wasnt bad, but dark. i was sitting there kinda trying to just relax and enjoy it and stuff but i started being so weird wtih my body functions. As did the person i was tripping with also which was weird. I started thinking heavily about goingg to the bathroom. I started thinking i need to go pee very frequently and it was always on my mind, wasnt sure if i needed to or if i was doing it too much (lol, weird i know). same thing with pooping. Just questioning if i neeeded to do it or if it was gonna stay in me forever or if and when i do, do i decide, why not now etc... somtach felt very weird. My heart beat and breathing also were playing big parts. The rhythm of my heart beat and walking made me feel for a second that if i stopped walking my heart would stop. Almost vomited a couple of times just from the thought of possibly doing it. It was tripping me out that i was in control of these things somewhat cause i am my body, but it wasnt making me feel comfortable. Anyways, just wanted to hear some peoples thoughts on that or if thats happened to them before or something. it was a very deep trip and i feel like i learned alot about myself but that stuff just took over for a while.

its all in your head man. maybe you got into a thought loop that you always have had but became aware of on acid. you can learn from that. im glad you learned alot, i had a trip alot like that last night.

If you think about it, it is pretty marvellous that we can do these things really. I think LSD really exagerrates or highlights the mundane things in our life, making them appear fantastic or making us aware of how fanatsic they really are. The bodily functions you descirbed are everyday behaviours, very ingrained in us- if you stop and really think about these things, they can appear almighty strange.

I had a strange feeling once where on LSD.. it felt like i pissed myself, but every time i checked i was fine lol. Still don't understand that one.. but that's the only thing i can relate too your question..

Pretty funny when i think about it lol.

I had a strange feeling once where on LSD.. it felt like i pissed myself, but every time i checked i was fine lol. Still don't understand that one.. but that's the only thing i can relate too your question..

Yeah that happened to me too once, at a festival as well; I had to go to the toilet and check myself out to make sure I hadn't actually wet myself.

St johns wort and LSD?

I took st johns only two times(today and day before yesterday)

I just took 1 hit of LSD.

Since I haven't been taking the st johns wort very long, will it affect the psychedelic effects of LSD? Is this dangerous?

I just looked up St. John's Wort, it has interactions with lots of other things also. If it does it would probably be relatively mild, since you probably didn't take much.

You'll be alright. St. John's Wort is very mild, just don't go taking it while you're tripping.

Mr Blonde said:
Why would taking an antioxidant with LSD be bad?

heh,
i was referring to this part -

Redox cycling may allow other antioxidants (such as vitamin C) to act as pro-oxidants and promote free radical formation. Melatonin, once oxidized, cannot be reduced to its former state because it forms several stable end-products upon reacting with free radicals. Therefore, it has been referred to as a terminal (or suicidal) antioxidant.[46]

i know i've read research on phenethylamines and free radicals,
i was just wondering if anyone had read anything about lsd and free radicals.

^ LSD is not a phenethylamine though... do you have any links to the research on PEAs and free radicals, and which ones are known to be a problem (I assume MDMA and meth are two)?

killo said:
I took st johns only two times(today and day before yesterday)

I just took 1 hit of LSD.

Since I haven't been taking the st johns wort very long, will it affect the psychedelic effects of LSD? Is this dangerous?

It may partially block the effects of the LSD.

I find St John's Wort to be noticeable medicinally just 30 minutes after the first dose. So even if you've only taken it in the last two days there's a good chance your trip will be weakened.

I also find St. John's Wort appears to raise my blood pressure and can make me feel a little tweaked out. I would certainly never combine it with LSD. But I'm sure you'll be just fine, although I suspect you'll like LSD a lot more without this combination.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=130385&page=6&highlight=free+radicals
post #145 is all i was going on - it was referring to mdma, and briefly implies the 2cs, too. i know it was a silly question, haha, and i definitely could've phrased it better...
i was interested in taking some melatonin with lsd the other night, i didn't want to put myself unnecessarily in harms way.
i just wanted to know if anyone had come across any research on ergolines and free radicals.

guess not, though ;D,
thanks guys.

Last edited:
post #145 is all i was going on - it was referring to mdma, and briefly implies the 2cs, too. i know it was a silly question, haha, and i definitely could've phrased it better...
i was interested in taking some melatonin with lsd the other night, i didn't want to put myself unnecessarily in harms way.
i just wanted to know if anyone had come across any research on ergolines and free radicals.

guess not, though ;D,
thanks guys.

No, not a silly question. We're here to learn, after all. :D

From reading the wiki quote you posted, it sounds as though melatonin you do not have to worry about as it does not get redoxed into something harmful. Like I said, LSD is not a phenethylamine so I assume it does not create free radicals in the brain which can cause damage.