• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

My friend likes to eat a lot of L. He says he may very well go through 25 potent hits easily over the course of an upcoming festival. Not only does this seem economically wasteful, but also very unpractical. Tolerance comes into play so quickly that I feel like the next day even double the dose might not induce an experience quite as magical as the day before, not to mention on the last day he will be physically and mentally exhausted.

He talks about eating L all day to prolong the experience and also tripping almost everyday at the fest. By the end of the festival, I feel like he will have to eat a 10-strip+ to attain any psychedelic effects. This does not seem wise, yet he has more experience then me with extended/multiple day dosing at festivals. I only know what I've read, though I have a handful of experiences with LSD. I really want to trip on the last day, even though I'd unrealistically love be tripping each day, so I will probably just abstain from taking any doses. Trying to get high on LSD everyday just doesn't seem like the right thing to do, especially considering the amount of good acid which is essentially wasted fighting tolerance.

If I'd trip twice, it'd be 1 or 2 hits followed by a day or two rest, with my second dose being 4 or 5 hits, depending on how many are previously taken.

Theoretically, would my friend be able to dose everyday and actually trip? I know it's wasteful. nothing will stop him, so I'm very interested in seeing how it turns out.

^^ If you have access why not switch it up with a phenethylamine inbetween the acid trips? 2C-E is very similar to acid.

Phenethylamines will not have as much of a cross-tolerance with LSD which is an ergoline, compared to taking LSD each day.

Tryptamines have more of a cross-tolerance with LSD compared to phenethylamines, presumably because tryptamines and ergolines are more complex structures than phenethylamines and are more closely related to one another than phenethylamines, so a 2C compound is your best bet, 2C-E being the closest to LSD in my opinion.

2C-T-7 is another phenethylamine with close similarities to LSD that I would highly recommend. Some may say that 2C-T-7 is more similar to LSD than 2C-E, but both have many similarities to LSD, with their own unique flavour.

Theoretically your friend could trip everyday if he double dosed each time, but it's not too hard to access 2C-E, so why waste the LSD?

2c-e and 2c-i is nasty stuff imo. It's not worth the nasty body load, I'd honestly rather be sober. I do have 4-AcO-DMT, but I'm sure cross-tolerance will be a bigger issue than with 2c-x so and I've never taken psilacetin before so I'm not sure how it'll effect me or if I should dose with a tolerance. I was actually thinking psilacetin on the first night with no tolerance, then maybe a day break before I dose again on Saturday and Sunday, working my way up from 1 - 2 hits to probably about 6 - 8 to account for tolerance, possibly more.

I'm looking to bypass the whole blood/brain barrier thing by injecting LSD with distilled water, I'm assuming rapid onset and immediate visuals and a lowered effect of tolerence. I have found no information of the sort but I assumed that was the method of administration used in clinical trials. Any informations, thoughts or links to help me make a more informed decision would be greatly appreciated.

There are a few folk here who have injected LSD and they may well chime in. It's generally thought to be a fairly pointless practice though as it still takes at least 30 minutes to kick in and the trip is identical to the oral experience in every way.

Got my sugar cube last night. Oh yeah. Wasn't that strong though. I didn't really get any visuals or anything. Lights just seemed bright and memorizing...kind of like a roll. The weird mindfuck with different reality, worlds, etc was there though...but not that strong. I just felt really relaxed and stayed on the couch basically the entire time.

Meh, don't think I'll actually count that as an acid trip though.

this is kinda what i went through yesterday. Idk if i got bunk shit or not but i took 2 blotters and 3 sugar cubes all with like 3 hour intervals. I didn't take it all at once for this was my first time experimenting with lsd. All I can say is I felt a lil body high but I was smoking weed all day so that could be the reason. Maybe I just have a high tolerance? Perhaps I really would have got my money's worth if i did it all at once OR i just got some bunk shit. My source seemed pretty experienced and reliable. 8)

Hey, on erowid it says tolerance for LSD disappears after 3 days. What about crosstolerance? By that I mean if it disappears after 3 days too, or will tryptamine's effects be weakened due to crosstolerance staying for longer than direct tolerance to LSD?

I am no expert, but common sense tells me that cross-tolerance can last any longer than direct tolerance. The main receptor responsisble for unique properties of psychedelic drugs is 5-HT2a(others include 5-HT2c, 5-HT1). If LSD would produce the same response, why other psychedelics wouldn't?

But I don't think that tolerance(in sense that you need higher dose to achieve the same effects) is a big problem in redosing soon. 3 days may not be enough to integrate the previous experience, and although you will trip fine, it may seem less magical or profound. Personally I found it is needed at least one week to regain the same level of "magic".

I think, if you want to regain "magic" you should wait 1-2 months. When I was tripping everyweek my experiences weren't profound, psychic action was poor. Only visualisations was fine

LSD dosing question

i have 3 hits. they are supposed to be extremely strong (not sure if they are, but the person who said that has quite a bit of experience with acid and is a good friend of mine. he personally tried the same batch, said he ate 3 hits, and was 'frying balls'). i have only ever had one hit of real LSD before in my life, and didnt trip that hard (no visuals or anything, purely mental effects). my question is, can i eat 1 or 2 hits, and take a third after seeing where im at after an hour, or will LSD tolerance essentially cause the 3rd hit to be wasted? ive heard several times before that redosing with LSD within any time period less than ~3 days will result in most or all of the acid being wasted. is this true?

That is correct, but if you're fast enough the third hit won't be a waste. If you redose within the hour you should be fine. Seeing as you only have 3 hits though, why not just jump in deep? LSD can be a tough one, but as long as set/setting are right then there's not much that can go wrong.

That is correct, but if you're fast enough the third hit won't be a waste. If you redose within the hour you should be fine. Seeing as you only have 3 hits though, why not just jump in deep? LSD can be a tough one, but as long as set/setting are right then there's not much that can go wrong.

these tabs are supposed to be REALLY strong (source is a very good friend who has already tested this batch, estimates ~150-240mcg apiece, he has a fair bit of experience with acid) so i dont wanna like go balls deep and then freak. ive only ever had one hit before, and it wasnt that strong (only mental effects), and just figured better to start low.

thanks for the answer

also is it better to hold it under my tongue for say 15 min then swallow, or just swallow immediately

IME I get a bit of tummy rumbling if I take LSD orally, but YMMV. As far as bioavailability and potency go though, no, it shouldn't matter and oral is a great way to rule out an NBOMe. Never take what anyone says about dosages serious though, even if he's your friend. If they're really strong then they're probably something like 150ug, but even then 3 might be too much if you've never had a real trip before. Even 2 could be too much if they're 150ug. Hard to say what's best to do in that case, but I'd just take one and see where it takes you. You could always drop the other 2 at a later date.

If you've done other psychedelics before though (wasn't really clear from your post), then I'd say it's definitely worth it to dive in deep (given the right set/setting of course)

Redosing with lsd is usually pointless. It extends the duration more than it increases the intensity. As far as oral vs sublingual, there isn't much difference. Sublingual dosing will make it kick in a bit quicker, especially as opposed to taking it with food in your stomach(not advised). The method you dose it doesn't affect potency.

All 3 might be a bit much for now. I would take a dose of 1 or 2 now, and save the other dose for another occasion. Do you have experience with any other psychedelic drugs?(mushrooms maybe?) If not, it would be best to take a single hit now, and 2 hits next time. That way you will know what to expect for the stronger dose. Getting in deeper than you expected can be unpleasant for a newbie.

Its actually kind of hard to judge how powerful trip is at 1 hour point. I have eaten extra acid at one hour then realized it hadn't really hit me yet and it wasn't as weak as I thought.
But the farther along the trip you wait the less the extra hit will do, like at 7 hours its totally pointless and I feel nothing. At 2 hours I still feel its worth it, you do lose something by waiting. Taking it all at once will always be the most intense trip, that can be good or bad.
What I consider "strong" hits, 2 are more than enough. 3 hits of strong acid I find to be a little too high a dose for me. Other people think that's the perfect zone though.

Well, there was this one time i took more than i should have. Thank goodness it was at a grateful dead show:) lots of kind folks aroind to help me get through it but i always said to myself after that experience, go easy. So i would say if you have three, start with one. See how it feels. Then if you think its good and can handle it next time around you can take two, a double dose.

So i would say if you have three, start with one. See how it feels. Then if you think its good and can handle it next time around you can take two, a double dose.

I second this. If you're dealing with LSD tabs of unknown strength, always start with one.

i have 3 hits. they are supposed to be extremely strong (not sure if they are, but the person who said that has quite a bit of experience with acid and is a good friend of mine. he personally tried the same batch, said he ate 3 hits, and was 'frying balls'). i have only ever had one hit of real LSD before in my life, and didnt trip that hard (no visuals or anything, purely mental effects). my question is, can i eat 1 or 2 hits, and take a third after seeing where im at after an hour, or will LSD tolerance essentially cause the 3rd hit to be wasted? ive heard several times before that redosing with LSD within any time period less than ~3 days will result in most or all of the acid being wasted. is this true?
Take 1 & take the other 2 down the road to see how potent it is, at least wait 2 weeks for tolerance to go down! Redosing has never worked for me, at least with lsd, even when taking double the amount it didnt do anything even though i was only just peaking. You'll just be wasting it, but some people swear by it doing something n if it does, it's very minuscule.
Have fun tripping!

One hour is way too soon. Famous last words are always "these must be weak, ill take another" followed by a severe arse kicking. "Strong LSD" can often be NBOMe which a third tab will cause seizures or worse.

Always test unknown tabs starting with one. If the trip is less than the mark you always have 2 for next time. Better a mellow first trip than a horrible final trip ever