• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

If you were a bit nervous about going into your first LSD trip, do you think it would be a good thing to take some diazapam (valume) first? Would it kill the trip, or effectivly take the edge off? I only plan on taking one hit, pretty well confirmed by many to be about 150ug. What do you think?

I've never taken benzos before a psychedelic, I just drink a good four or so drinks before the acid kicks in. I have read about other people taking benzos before tripping and apparently it doesn't kill the trip, but makes it a bit duller and takes the edge off. Al though if you've never done acid I recommend dropping the acid after a few beers and if you start feeling really uncomfortable at any point during the trip, take the valium then rather than before the trip.

alcohol and lsd

IMHO, alcohol counteracts the true psychedelic nature of lsd. Mixing alcohol and lsd gets u fucked up, but IMHO prevents u from experiencing the true psychedelic nature of acid.

I find I can drink as much as I can chug when I'm on acid because the acid counteracts the alcohol. Not that I'd recommend drinking that much.
YMMV

Hmm. Why did rollin_stoned's thread get tacked on to an LSD subthread? It didn't really have to do with LSD in particular, much less the dosage, tolerance, and interactions. I think it should be moved back - it was a fine thread on its own.

I took Magic Mushrooms And Risperidone

I took magic mushrooms and risperidone and I have been to the Emergency room and doctor already. My eyes are dialated, my throat is dry, I am restless and I want to kill myslef. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! TELL ME WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME? RISPERIDONE AND MAGIC MUSHROOMS IS DEADLY!

No, it's most definitely not deadly - if anything it should end a trip (or prevent it from starting even) rather than exacerbate it. It's possible that it may have mostly dulled the trip but the shrooms are fighting back, I suppose. If that's the case try to relax and go where it's taking you. Worst thing you can do is to fight it, I'd say. Mushrooms will end soon enough - they only last around 4-6 hours and with the extra sedation I'd think that may even be reduced. You will be just fine :)<3

I took shrooms like 4 days ago and I am still tripping. I am on risperidone but only took about 5 grams of mushrooms. Now I have been to the emerygency, hospitail and having suicidal thoughts. Someone please tell me why my eyes are dialated, my mouth dry, i am restless, is it because im coming off the risperidone, mushrooms or both?

Excuse me but I am on Risperidone and took 5 grams of mushrooms and have been high for ffours days? Is it because I stooped the Risperidone or the mushrooms that my mouth iss dry, I am restless, sleepless and am having suicidal thoughts.

Acid trip

I took 2 tabs of very average acid last night, didn't even last 10 hours, I fell asleep, was very disappointed.

My question is, I have 4 cubes of really good acid, but if I took some, how would it affect me? Would I trip at all? This whole tolerance thing confuses me, I get so many conflicting reports.

i've been on antipsychotics for a couple years and maybe it's because i'm on them long term but i can trip pretty hard on acid.

Yes. My suggestion is wait to take it again. Keep it in the freezer in the meantime. Wait at least a week or so.

I don't know, but it seems likely there'd be some changes - probably weaker effects. Some antipsychotics, including Risperidone, antagonise (block) 5-HT2 receptors, and from wiki:

The psychedelic effects of LSD are attributed to its strong partial agonist effects at 5-HT2A receptors as specific 5-HT2A agonists are psychedelics and largely 5-HT2A specific antagonists block the psychedelic activity of LSD.

Risperidone

HELP ME!
I TOOK RISPERIDONE AND MAGIC MUSHROOMS AND I CAN't STOP THE HIGH.
PLEASE HELP ME

Recently I started a project to try and answer your question which is a common one. Check this

It tells you that in average (not that many people have given datapoints so far) it takes 2-3 days to bring the tolerance down to a point where you can take double and have a similar intensity. After 4 days about one and a half portion should do the trick and after a week only slightly more. After 2 weeks you're all good and ready again.

There's a couple of things though:
- you will lose some magic, so if you do it again after 2 weeks it still will not be as stunning since in that short time you haven't forgotten that something as spectacular as a good trip can be could exist.
- most good trips need longer than 2 weeks to be integrated so that you have given everything that came up a place in your life and either accepted it or dealt with it. It's not wise to trip until the integration of the previous one is over.

My suggestion is as well: wait 1-2 weeks.

I'd say because of the tollerance wait atleast a week; I've noticed there is no really noticable tollerance if you leave atleast a week in between but its still on the short side. I remember reading somewhere long ago that the best way to find out if you're ready for a new trip is when the last one is no longer prominent in your memory, for me its usually about a month in between psychedelic experiences, to have the full magic back, no tollerance at all yet not have to wait terribly long :)
I think most people have their own 'tripping rythm' that works well for them, some of my friends are like me and trip about monthly while others prefer only a few times a year and some trip even more often.

If its just about the tollerance and you really, really want to repeat the experience again I'd say wait atleast 6-7 days, then you can be sure you'll have a chance at a nice full-blown trip, if you wait too short its just a waste of your LSD.

Take some deep breaths. Eat some benzos if you have them.

The combo you took should not be dangerous.

What you are experiencing could be a panic attack. If you dont feel better shortly i would advise you go to the ER and explain your situation.

I have been taking calming medicine

It has been over 5 day and I do not feel the same. I have been taking caling bussiness but still feel high. Please help!

Dude, go to the hospital or something.

Doctors + Seeing you in person + Medical equipment = Helpful diagnosis

Posting HELP in caps + Internet + Junkies on a forum = Not a good diagnosis