Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

monkey123

Bluelighter

Thought I'd just pop in here.

This weekend I am indulging in 4 grams of goldcap mushrooms (tomorrow actually) and then next weekend I plan on doing some acid with a friend of mine who's my new trip buddy. He's more inclined to psychadelics and I'm inclined to do anything other than injecting and crack. But we work out pretty well (He also likes chill things like opiates and such)

No proces., and details on from whom you are getting your doses I am sure would not be appreciated by him, nor is it appreciated on bluelight. SKL

I am wondering is it wise to get 1 hit each. Or 2 hits each (to take 1 after we feel confident with the first one)

Is acid a less is more experience? I do know that the LD50 is 14000 Micrograms and a usual heavy dose is 400 micrograms so its pretty easy to stay in a safe dose range

EDIT: And we have heard from other people he serves a quality product as well and he's also a very reliable dealer

Last edited by a moderator:
monkey123 said:
Thought I'd just pop in here.

This weekend I am indulging in 4 grams of goldcap mushrooms (tomorrow actually) and then next weekend I plan on doing some acid with a friend of mine who's my new trip buddy. He's more inclined to psychadelics and I'm inclined to do anything other than injecting and crack. But we work out pretty well (He also likes chill things like opiates and such)

No proces., and details on from whom you are getting your doses I am sure would not be appreciated by him, nor is it appreciated on bluelight. SKL[/COLOR\

I am wondering is it wise to get 1 hit each. Or 2 hits each (to take 1 after we feel confident with the first one)

Is acid a less is more experience? I do know that the LD50 is 14000 Micrograms and a usual heavy dose is 400 micrograms so its pretty easy to stay in a safe dose range

EDIT: And we have heard from other people he serves a quality product as well and he's also a very reliable dealer

If you guys have experience with psychedelics, I'd say go with 2 hits. IME, 1 hit is usually not enough to break through. you might get some mild visuals, weird thought patterns and some stimulation, but that's about it.

Yeah don't really need worry about LD50's or anything like that, negative body load starts at around 1500 ug and you won't be anywhere near that dose.

Just make sure you are in a comfortable setting, with supplies/music setup before hard and no work on the next day. You should be fine.

I don't really think acid is 'less is more' kind of drug. The difference between low doses and high doses is enormous, so it depends on what exactly you are looking for. You know what I mean?

i would go for at least 2 hits, simply because of how uncomfortable LSD tends to be on the lower dosages. of course, there's no way of knowing how much acid is on your blotter, but i'm just estimating...

2 tabs at once?

Pretty new too psychedelics.. I've only been on LSD once before.

Took 1 tab at a Rave (with E). It was pretty intense, had some nice visuals and a weird out of body feeling.

But i was curious to know from more experienced user's. How big is the difference between taking 1 tab and taking 2 at once?

I understand it comes down too dosage.

Is it a higher chance of heading into a bad trip? Is it worth it? Or is it worse off in the long run.. (eg: still tripping for 20hrs+)

Thanks.

Sorry if any of these questions are obvious, only really came into the Psychedelic scene few weeks ago with LSD.

The 'rules' are still the same. Go for it but don't haste it, learn more about the psy experience, discover yourself and the reasons you want these substances... and of course careful set/setting.. That is especially more important as the dosage goes up..!

Take care

Peace & Love

Trip length will be the same if you take one or two (~8-12 hours), but the intensity will jump up a notch. It really depends on the potency of the blotters honestly.

2 hits is usually not a very high dose with tabs the way they are today; sounds like your first tab was unusually potent if anything. I'd say go for it.

It's a baby! said:
2 hits is usually not a very high dose with tabs the way they are today; sounds like your first tab was unusually potent if anything. I'd say go for it.

well that all depends on your source...

well that all depends on your source...
True. Some people (true "heads", albeit a rare breed now) can still get great LSD (100mcg/hit or stronger).

But the DEA did a study some years back and the average LSD today on the street is ~50mcg. I personally LOVE high doses of LSD (10 hits or so, equalling around 1 milligram).

LSD is not nearly as scary or confusing or jarring as psilocybe mushrooms for me (in my opinion, if you've eaten 3.5 grams of mushrooms at once before, I would say you could probably handle a good mid-dose of LSD with some ease in the right setting). It is a much "happier" drug if you catch my drift. When I say mid-dose I'm talking 300-500mcg (3-5 hits of GOOD acid, 4-7 hits of decent [70mcg/hit] LSD).

I would say go for it and eat both hits, and you will have a great time (as long as you have your head together in the right setting and aren't worrying about any problems in/about your life - you should know whether or not you are ready). Maybe throw in some MDMA (100-160mg I would say, depending on your experience with MDMA and how your LSD trip is going) at the 3 hour point if it is a bit too strong for you (it synergized VERY nicely into a candyflip, but also can make the experience more forcefully positive). It changes the whole experience, makes it much more euphoric (and a bit less jarring).

Last edited:
^ All the tabs I've come across recently have been very very potent. One always does it for me!

Thanks for the reply's guys.

Yeah i think i'll probably take the 2 hits and take it from there, i really enjoyed it the first time on 1, and if this can bring the intensity up a notch i'll be happy to experience it.

Hey i was just wondering what the size (in cm) of an average "hit" of acid would be, got some unmarked paper and the guy i bought it off of is kind of a dick and i wouldn't be surprised if he cut off one hit on each 10-strip.

It looks kinda short to me but i've only tripped 5-6 times and only actually bought the acid four times so i wanna make sure and measure.

Edit: Also he gave them to me in two 5 strips and a 3 strip, or so he says, which sounded kind of fishy to begin with. Why not just a 10 and a 3?

Last edited:
Put a ruller to it and ever 4th dot mark and cut... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ thats how sticks/strips work around here

hit = 1/4"x1/4"
sheet = 2.5"x2.5"
strip = 1/4"x2.5"

as for cm, um, dumb american over here

For someone with a fairly good tolerance towards psychedelics, what is a good first dose to try cid, but in a public environment? Am going to an arts exhibition with my friend.

I do not know the potency of the blotter, but I figure it is average.
I am ok on 3-5 grams of shrooms, and 16mg of 2ce, and 30mg of 2ct7.
Should I take only one hit to be safe, or take 2+?

Have any of you guys noticed any major tolerance with LSD in any past experiences? I took some sunday night with a friend and tomorrow night I'd like to enjoy the experience by myself but I don't want it to be diminished any from sunday. Theres lots of things I didn't get to do that I wanted to do while I was tripping because he didn't want to, like going outside and looking around. It seems like every time I trip with someone it feels like I'm getting nothing done and it's a waste of time. I know the tolerance factor says 3 days to a week but I would like to know personal experiences from you guys if you have any. thanks!

2-3 days, I'd say, unless you're using quite heavily,in which case tolerance can take some time to go down,or rather,the magic can take some time to come back. Honestly I'd expect less "magic" and probably fewer visuals but probably still a beautiful,probably calmer & less confusing, trip if you take the same dose or slightly more tomorrow night

I get a lot less out of tripping if its done spaced close together. My best trips have been spaced out a month or more. Take that for what its worth.

Thanks for the replies. Sunday is the first time I've taken it in over a year, and it was great and all I just didn't get to experience everything I wanted to do because my friend wanted to sit on his couch the whole damn time and watch movies. I went outside for a minute while he was in the bathroom and everything was so much more awesome than inside the house. He walked out for a minute and said it was freaking him out and said I couldn't sit out there by myself, which is really lame. This is the strongest acid I've came across and I just want to experience those visuals outside again at my own place by myself as soon as possible that's why I was asking about the tolerance factor. I think I may just wait till Sunday so it's been a full week and I hopefully get a full blown trip from it. The tracers and patterns are remarkable.

Last edited:
Got my sugar cube last night. Oh yeah. Wasn't that strong though. I didn't really get any visuals or anything. Lights just seemed bright and memorizing...kind of like a roll. The weird mindfuck with different reality, worlds, etc was there though...but not that strong. I just felt really relaxed and stayed on the couch basically the entire time.

Meh, don't think I'll actually count that as an acid trip though.