• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD dosage to achieve ego death

If you mean complete ego death like DMT, then above 500mcg. I believe that the most recent LSD I have taken has been about 250 per hit, the vial could have been busted down in to three "normal" vials. 2 hits and it was like a DMT trip for 10 hours every time. However, it does not take you as far away as DMT does, meaning the "blast off" state, where you are pretty much unconscious for 5 minutes or so until you come to and the after effects fade. At higher doses of LSD, probably somewhere at 1000mcg, it becomes like ketamine. You can completely "bubble out" into space, not like the "hole" on K though, it is much more comfortable, due to the serotonin being released in copious amounts from the presynaptic cell. Ketamine causes some, but not enough to not make the experience dysphoric. Take all 11 hits to anyone thinking about it. Chances are that the L that you get has already touched a lot of hands and been diluted. You won't die, you will feel better and the visuals actually get easier to control as the dose gets higher, due to the fact that your ego dies. So, even small doses of LSD can cause some ego death, the key about the nature of the chemical is, that the more you take, the more your ego will die, and it is verrrrry nice to be without it. It allows you to think and piece together everything, you can talk coherently, perform tasks, anything. If anyone is thinking about it at all. Take more, if you can handle a 250-300mcg trip, you can handle above 500mcg, for sure. You'll thank me.

Maybe they are more than 250 a hit, but I think I was correct. Not three bottles, It could be busted into 2 bottles for normal hits. A drop is probably 250-300, actually maybe more like 300, it is definitely the strongest acid I have ever done, almost 27, been tripping since I was 18.

I hear people talking about losing the ego so often. I can understand that experience (no experience) but I am not sure if that is what people are really trying to convey.

Is this about creating an alter ego, expanding the ego, shedding a false form of the ego, defeating the super ego?

It is paradoxical to use the term ego in terms of experiencing not having an ego. The ego is the experiencer, if you catch my meaning. Whatever the ego is experiencing, the ego is present. Everything else is a mask.

You talk about thinking and piecing things together without your ego. That experience is an experience the ego is having, that you are having. Perhaps you are talking about changing or removing that mask.

I guess Terrence McKenna is "talking out of his arse", as well then?

Terrence McKenna has some really interesting ideas but take it all with a pinch of salt...

Only after about 3-4 years of taking psychedelics did I start to properly read books of literature based around it e.g. Tim Leary that had used the term 'ego death' quite a lot and the whole experience revolving around it and getting into it. Personally if any term like that is going to be used for the likes of LSD/Shrooms think it needs to be more of an ego weakening or lessening, as in more awareness of others and the implications of your actions on them etc, not a complete death of ego or removal.

Reason being the term to be gives me the picture of someone lying there in a similar state to someone in a deep k hole or SMOKED DMT trip - and these are the types of drugs I feel more of an understanding of the terms with. But all the tim leary stuff etc revolves around LSD mostly I thought in every other aspect, there isn't much reference to experiences like those two drugs I feel in the writing.

I'm glad I only started to read it then, it meant I made the idea of the whole thing a lot more of what I personally feel is my own reality/spirituality as opposed to something from literature which only gives me a feeling that it's going towards an organized religion - the bible could easily be done the same with many concepts. I feel it keeps the whole thing a lot more grounded but very in tune with me from a therapeutic point of view, naturally there are similar concepts but I find in these instances the literature can just help word things better or give different imagery to explain.

Letting go for me is more of a relaxation and merging in with the trip but it is in no way an ego loss, for me it has brought insane visuals like atoms/particles creating in the air creating a connection between two people merging them etc the stuff that had to take complete acceptance and relaxation etc, I've experimented a lot with LSD specifically over the years but tried all plenty of others many times so that's why I think it's important to consider how people are really defining it. LSD does have a 'confusion' factor that makes you forget what the fuck is going on or where you are etc but so does amphetamine or sleep deprivation which aren't remotely psychedelic related imo.

He thought he could handle a large dose (1mg) due to previous experiences with somewhat high dosages. Well it was in a setting where 100's of psychedelic experiences went down so that was not the issue. It happened to be filmed for a little bit due to a reason I won't get into right now. He wouldn't watch the video for years. He though he was a child stuck in a horrible loop the entire experience. He believed nothing he did or said was making any sense. He fought it with all his

Did you ever consider the whole idea of the videoing was the issue? Definitely something I've noticed that causes negative trips on psychedelics or especially difficulty in relaxing - a big factor in higher doses. I would not want a constant camera on me tripping on a high dose like that.

Last edited:
I have taken over 1000mcg. Took 3 hits of a 350mcg/dose. My report mimics that of Timothy Leary, he definitely had his doses tested because he knew the chemists who made it directly. It feels like you are having an orgasm for literally 12 hours. The strong visuals last 16 hours. You cannot see anything, in fact, you kind of get taken away like you are on K! Then it calms down and everything looks exactly how in does on DMT. Then you get itchy, then jaw clenching, and it goes in waves of a dopamine rushes, then serotonin rushes, then epinephrine, and this sequence rolls sinusoidally. I believe this is why there is no crash. You never exhaust any chemical over time because it switches. Unlike MDMA or Meth that cause one neurotransmitter to release simultaneously. Perhaps the wave-like nature experienced, and because of the agonism at the TAAR1 it causes phosphorylation of the DA and SER transporters, but does so from the TAAR1 receptor on a protein kinase that turns these channels on, but allows them to push more of the NT out, but also is able to bring it back in, so you get periods of strong uptake, but then also an equally strong reuptake, therefore you do not exhaust any NTs as with amphetamines. This would explain that there is no addiction, not depression, even after these large does. Literally at 1000mcg and above, it is very hard to move until if fully kicks in, then it is like getting a strong hit of Dope/meth/Molly all at once, but they do so so in concert with one another in a negative feedback fashion. You get very itchy at times even from histamine release, but then it causes it to then switch to serotonin and back and forth. This who time everything around is sort of dissolving into a cartoon, it feels like your body is gone, and it sort of hurts, but it hurts so good like a hard strong fuck, a hard orgasm, ahhhhhhhh! Oh and total and complete ego death. No one has truly taken LSD if they have not take above 1000mcg. It would be a good dose for a festival though, I stick with about 500 or so for that, maybe 600. SO, take a ten strip of some normal cid, and you may get there. However, the purity, meaning how much D-LSD is in the mixture and how much ISO and l-LSD, is important. D-LSD will give much stronger Central nervous system stimulation, and cause deeper visuals. I have taken the acid to do this, and no other acid has ever done this to me. Again, the vials I get have been extremely undiluted and very potent because they are pure D-LSD. Also, the vials I have gotten, I dilute down into two for 150mcg doses. That way I can dose light or strong, depending on what I want, and where I have been when I have wanted to do this in the past. I hope this kind of helps.

JMD7725. You have a vial that is extremely undiluted 300mcg? Is your name Tom by any chance?

What percent of ISO, D, and L did your vial contain? If I wanted the exact same trip as Timothy Leary, this may be a good starting point.

Addiction is not fully explained by physical processes... still, interesting stuff. Can I mention your theory on sinusoidal neurotransmitters preventing serotonin depression and reuptake-uptake synergism for a paper I am writing? I am really starting to run out of ideas since I last dosed and hope to get some published work out there.

I feel like taking a drug with the intention of achieving ego death is like a dog chasing his tail. While the ego is alive and working it either wants to stay alive and working or it wants to die because it only recalls the pleasurable memories and deep down despite how beautiful and freeing the experience is, the ego wanting it, is by definition an egoistical pursuit of happiness, that's strengthening the ego, thereby making ego death much harder (if not impossible) to achieve.

All my experiences with ego death were when I just wanted to enjoy a nice high dose trip and was shocked and surprised by the experience I totally wasn't ready for each time - but that was always the greatest surprise. Every time I've gone in consciously trying to achieve ego death I've never succeeded even with super high doses of all sorts of different psychedelics.

Worth keeping in mind ;)

It is possible to achieve permanent ego death and plan it.It's dangerous though.I experienced severe ego death on DMT but after that I realized that I didn't really want to achieve it.OP are you sure about it?Do you really want to achieve ego death?The dosage has to be balls high though,1000ug or more. I don't think that lsd is capable of giving you ego death...Better do it with shrooms

In my experience, you don't necessarily need a high dose to achieve ego death. A normal average dose is all that's needed if you have the right set and setting. Higher doses can certainly make it easier, but I have achieved ego death on 200 mcgs of LSD. In contrast there have been other times when I have taken more than that and did not achieve ego death. Mindset and environment play a big part. Don't worry about it too much though, worrying involves ego, and trying to achieve or solve a problem involves ego. You need to let go of that and just BE. That is how it works. Psychedelics facilitate that which is already inside of you. By TRYING to achieve ego death - you are being counterproductive toward the very goal of ego death itself. Let go, be present and it will happen. It may happen your next trip, or it may not, either way don't stress, but monstrous or heroic doses certainly aren't necessary for achieving it - not in my experience at least.