• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD dosage to achieve ego death

Its when all the barriers your mind creates fall down. You enter a state of true freedome. There is nothing that matters or an ego telling you not to do that or don't talk to them. I from nyc born and raised. A few times I would reach ego death and then go out on some crazy mission because the appartment was too confining. I walking thru any hood talking everyone. People might have thought I crazy but to me it seemed to go well. Eventually I would end up miles away with the sun coming up. At that point the ego death part was over but I was still pretty juicy. Enough to walk back miles and find my house lol. Those were the days, could bug out on a tuesday and sleep it off weds. I remember certain parts but theres alot I don't and thats probably where I reached ego death. Ever been lost in your own basement lol for two hours.

The problem with the term ego-death is that the term "ego" itself is loaded with several meanings. The original meaning is pretty much equivalent to "self", however, we also say that someone has a big ego, or that your ego is getting in the way of you achieving humility, etc...

I can see how someone would then mistake the experience of cosmic unity, that you can have on psychedelics, for ego-death, because you really do feel like all the emotional baggage of being "you" (i.e. your "ego") simply vanishes at that moment.

"Death of self" is a lot less susceptible to misinterpretation. Death of self happens if you have no concept of "I". It's not a pleasant experience - it feels like you are about to die, because most of us, I feel, are not familiar with any concept for "ceasing to exist" other than death.

Eh, I still disagree. Ego death is a very fitting term. ego= self, your identity anything of that sort. When you loose ALL sense of yourself your ego has died.

"I" didnt come back for hours, and when i did, only enough of me was there to vaguely remember my name and that i am a human. hell of a fucking trip, i got owned.

So if a strange tramp had walked into the room, pulled down your trousers and began gobbling you, you would have simply let him? You had no "sense of self" that would've been able to question the tramp?

Eh, I still disagree. Ego death is a very fitting term. ego= self, your identity anything of that sort. When you loose ALL sense of yourself your ego has died.

Have you ever lost your sense of self to the extent that if your trip companion said "I'd better call the cops to come and help livinginthealps" you would have been unable to suggest he hide the drugs first?

Have you ever lost your sense of self to the extent that if your trip companion said "I'd better call the cops to come and help livinginthealps" you would have been unable to suggest he hide the drugs first?

Absolutely.... I wouldn't have any idea what was taking place. Therefore, I would have zero idea whats going on around me. Though, after experiencing ego dissolution a number of times it is easier to hit "ego death" on lower dosages. You MAY be able to come around and regain your ego. But, on large dosages that force you into ego dissolution you would not come around.//

Far fuggin out man I'm peaking. Why is Chong always peaking? He had ego death in Nice Dreams when locked in the padded room. Then Leary walks in lol.

Absolutely.... I wouldn't have any idea what was taking place.

I've never experienced that with a psychedelic. I've always realised I was on a drug and experiencing a trip. Even on doses that would stun a charging gorilla. I always thought you could reach that state on a deleriant or maybe a high dose dissociative but not on classic psychedelics.

Bless you for always making us think about this and not throw around the term so casually, Izzy.

I try my best :D

Real ego death on LSD is a difficult experience IMO.

Stuff like 5-meo-dmt are fast the the ego death experience is sudden going in and coming out. LSD is usually slow, so you have plenty of time to cling on to your ego and get trapped in fear, loops, and messed up mental states. The problem with the lower doses of LSD(500-800mcg) is people can still cling to ego even at completely out there states, especially if fear sets in which can lead to very bad places.

Large LSD doses like puddles and hits of crystal are usually fast going into the peak but it can be slow coming out. So you can fall into the "who am I" "I am fucking dead..." "what the hell did I do.." "will I ever come back..?" for hours..? who knows time is nothing.. in places like that.

I have had about 5 ego death experiences with LSD a couple were from some smaller doses 450-600mcg it was just the time and place, the others were from very large doses. The smaller doses that just happened were easier to come out of because and hour or two later I was functional, the larger ones were hard to come out of because hours later I was still trying to pick up the pieces of my life and ego.

They were beautiful experiences, some were very hard and terrifying at points. Once I realized who I was and I was alive they turned into the some of the most magical life experiences that lasted for hours and hours with after glows that went on for days.

This point in my life I would not do it but if I was I would only try it with a large dose that would take me there fast.

I would be very careful about settings, small things can send you into bad places.

I've had it happen from a single dose but I have no idea the ug/mic amount but just that it was very high dose LSD.

I'll be on an ego death joyrney soon.I'll be taking2-3 hoffman pure lsd and 55-60mg dmt
that should do it!

As if you'd feel the difference between 80ug of pure LSD and 100ug of LSD that's only 80% pure

/flamepost =D

PriestTheyCalledHim: A true mystical experience isn't dose-related, maybe at that particular time even 50ugs would have sent you there

As if you'd feel the difference between 80ug of pure LSD and 100ug of LSD that's only 80% pure

/flamepost =D

PriestTheyCalledHim: A true mystical experience isn't dose-related, maybe at that particular time even 50ugs would have sent you there

OK I've taken low doses and moderate, and while I did learn things about myself I wouldn't call it "spiritual" but more recreational if that makes sense.

I also did not see nearly as many OEVs or CEVs, or trip as hard on a low or moderate dose as I did from a high dose where I had ego death.

Last edited:
Well that's what I'm saying, sometimes Jupiter and Mars align perfectly and you can have a type of experience you normally wouldn't be able to have from such a dose. A truly DEEP experience I had when dosing 500ugs of 25i-NBOMe on 2 consecutive days. The first day was really what you would expect from such a dose, but then the next day I had the same dose, something I wouldn't even feel if things went over normally because of tolerance, and yet I had this extreme experience where I connected to some higher form of knowledge or something like that. Deepest and best experience to date on a low and tolerance hindered dose with a relatively shallow compound.

The term ego-death does seem to be a source of great misunderstanding, IMO. Specifically, I get the feeling that some equate the term with the feeling of "one-ness", or connectedness of all things. Possibly because you really do tend to feel like you don't have an "ego" when you experience it, since you don't feel so much like an individual, but more like a mere part of a greater whole.

I always wondered if "the death of self" would be a better term.

I like that...
Sometimes when you think you drifted off, and thought you fell asleep, for a moment, like 30min passes and you don't remember that...
or being in that long moment of aw at the beauty of it all.... where you feel only overwhelming love for everything too

Up through the ground came a bubblin' crude, Oil that is, Black Gold, Texas Tea

When you look at the clock and it says 7:30 because you made it say 7:30. You want a coke and go to the fridge and when you open the fridge there is one there, because you willed it to happen. Music turns on and you shoot out the lights with your hand.
Your reflection steps out of the mirror and throws the empty can, knowing you can make it disappear or make it bang against the wall. Your problems dissappear and you forget about everything, and use your god-like powers to set everything up to work itself out and of course, one day you know you will choose to return to your regular old self.
Luckily, you live in the 20th century and nobody is going to hurt you, as long as they do not know what is going on inside your head. This also happens to be the end of the world, December 1999, the year everyone stopped using acid because the game was over.
After what you had just experienced this new reality fits. After witnessing your body fall into auto-pilot and kill itself off. The brain you had outgrown, snapping itself off, witnessing the body just begin to fall, then WHAM!
You get a new body.
All this seems perfectly natural, because you know none of it is real. You dreamed you were returning from heaven, that you fell to the Earth, not sure if you are an angle but the thoughts you had before are sitting on the table, stories you had heard. You know the truth is much deeper than these silly illusions, the game is in your head again.
The real people are puppets. They are connected to the real, they don't realize what they are doing is dictated by the all. Even a stranger thanks you, but what can they offer? They have thoughts that make it seem to them that they are in control. They realize that you are different. You can heal them, and the demons let you know they could unleash a stronger version of hell on any one of them, if they wished too.
These people's parallel existence with your former self is a bigger curiosity for you. They are trapped in a life that never seemed logical, and you got out of, but the dangers are kind of big.
You are on an edge, unsure you are aware of everything, and that other world has backed away to look at its new born.
You can start to describe things, try and control it.
But eventually this feeling starts to fall apart. One way or another.
You just became one with the universe. What do you think happens when you are dreaming? You wake up.
You will not begin to talk about this for another 10 years.
You can make yourself believe and see whatever you want. You just have that ability, for a time.
----------
The guarded descriptions people offer are foolish. The term ego-death is completely wrong. A realization, that you are one with everything, should be called ego-immersion. Take a second look at how Freudian used this terminology.
But this does not mean that you are one with everything, that surely would mean everyone else, but they did not. Case in point, you. Why is it someone else became one with the universe alone in their room? Were you even alive in '99?
The term to best describe this, is losing touch with reality. This is a "feeling" of oneness. This ego-death thing, if this is it, happens without drugs. People use drugs because of problems they already have, drugs make problems impossible.
----------
When you are laying in bed, shortly afterwards, you realize this could always have been done. Walking now, into the cafeteria, you are now sensing the things that are lost.
Much later you realize, the experience does not answer questions, it just takes them all away.
It happens when you are on drugs too. It is happening to everyone right now. It is always there, it is just there among other things. Beautiful things. It is your ego and it loves you and it covets you.
When you lay yourself in bed tonight and fall into the darkness, remember this is what we have chosen, we stay away from the light because it blinds us. The world is a dark place, compassion is a dark word, the world is full of creatures with their own viewpoints that differ very much from your's.
Many believe the light is something that is going to make everything right, in the end.
The funny thing is, dreams and sleep are powerful experiences, and normal. Because everyone experiences it, the explanation is, you go to sleep, you close your eyes, the brain changes wave patterns. But imagine a world where nobody has ever dreamt, where people are always inside their own head, thinking about this or that. Then one day, you dream, you experience death, you awake with no sense of where you were. Blank, black, empty space. Imagine the first dream you had and waking to see time has continued seperately from time in the dream, and trying to explain that. Imagine the people denying this at first, then envying you. Imagine what the expectations would be, to desire to experience it.
----------
Day-dreams surround the experience of enlightenment. Why do we imagine it is any different from a dream, what we approach and depart it with are dreams.
----------
The majority of people trying to describe the actual experience get it wrong. It is the same as trying to describe a dead sleep, only you are there and instead of what we imagine sleep is, sleep is actually full of the sense that we are alive.
----------
The experience was real, I told myself several times, and continue to tell myself. The difficulty some people have with describing it, causes much speculation over whether or not it is a shared, and therefore true, experience. It is as real as the experience of hitting a ball. People talk about infinite time and mind expansion and so on, but those are relative things and every describer is not real likely to recall the experience perfectly. It seems as though you move onto a larger part of reality, but this is based on your regular perception, that reality is what surrounds you at all times.
Seeing it as ultimate knowledge is naive. The knowledge mankind has generated goes much further than you might imagine.
The danger is that the experience can seem like a healing one, everything that ever bothered you is resolved, everything you ever disliked about yourself, or the world, dissolves into the peace of being, a oneness where nobody is going to judge you, where you know everything, nobody is better than anybody else, least of all you, and where you can have practically anything you desire. But let us not forget, it is classic simple delusion and nothing more, and crammed full of ego. If that is what you hope to acheive, you are in a fight against the world, and the world is much bigger.
----------
When I was there, I was not alone. An alter-ego existed. A mind connected by a voice, by words. There is no reason more than one mind cannot exist within myself, but I cannot explain it fully. Perhaps it was me, perhaps it was something else... trying to be heard.
----------
Where reality lies, that is for you to decide. But please do not lie and say there is more there when there is not. We can all be wrong, difficult as that is to imagine.
----------
The only thing you need to do, is change your breathing, follow any idea that comes along, immerse yourself in a game, sensing reality or playful thoughts, and let the interaction grow strong. Then... I am not really sure. Maybe you decide to let go, with some action or thought that you had planned long ago and only now just remembered, but it was an intense and short experience.
----------
At some point you will start thinking of yourself as an adult and the young as foolish. I feel obligated to help you. Common fears seem foolish, you grow old and calm down and look at what you once were with a bitterness that only hard reality can offer, seeing nothing has changed. I wish I had all the answers, but that promises to be an impossible task.
For now, share your thoughts, and I hope this has been a cohesive retelling. Good luck with experiencing your own immersion. Anyway, I would call it ego-immersion, and hopefully people get why I dislike the term ego-death, because that is falling asleep.

Last edited:
3 months ago I took 2 1/2 hits of some white on white and I've dosed much higher than that before. There was a good 2 hours I didn't know who I was or what I was doing. My girlfriend was tripping with me and I knew she was a human but I didn't have any other conscious thoughts about her. I love The Beatles and I make it a point to try and watch yellow submarine every time I trip and my girlfriend put it on and I don't remember watching it until about half way through when they reach the sea of science. When the box comes out and they start singing "only a northern song". Everything came back to me all at once, It felt like all of the pieces in my brain were being put back in the correct spots. It seemed like it took 10 minutes but I know it was only a few seconds when everything came rushing back to me. I started crying with joy, and it was honestly the most amazing euphoria I have ever felt.

The most insane ego death I have ever had was the first(& last) time I ever smoked any spice. I needed to pass a drug test and it was new in my state so I thought I'd try it out. The stuff was called mad hatter and I had no idea at the time what this type of stuff was. I just knew it was supposed to get you sorta high like pot. So, I was home and decided I'd do a fat gravity bong hit because I thought it would be just like some weak weed. Hell no, I did a giant hit and went and sat on my couch. For 10 minutes I was in a completely different world. I felt like a rock, floating through space. I couldn't control my thoughts and the only one I had was that, that's what its like to be dead. The women's world cup was playing on the TV and the only thing I kept hearing was "Trinidad & Topago with the throw in". My eyes were open but I had no vision at all. None. When I came to I threw the rest of that shit away.

Ego death does not always mean that you wouldn't know you are on drugs if someone were to walk up to you and ask if you are. It simply means that you feel that you have simply melted into the world around you (if your eyes are open) or if your eyes are closed that you simply melt into the dream taking place in your head. You simply cease to exist. If you desired, you may be able to open your eyes and look around you or even walk around. You very well may even be able to talk to people and maybe carry on full conversations, but at the same time simply be dissolved. No one on here could tell you how much you would need to get to this state. It could be anything from one dose to ten. However, in the name of harm reduction, I would seriously suggest not taking "all of them" as someone else said

Ego death doesn't happen at a specific dosage- though I will say it's basically not gonna happen unless you took a fat dose- but ego death happens when the time is right, it's an experience in that moment which can't be replicated by simply taking the same dose in the same place, just like a ++++ experience. But most don't seem to understand that about either ego death or a ++++, they're pure experiences of that place and time, experiences which by their very nature (and the nature of psychedelics in general) can not be replicated. Experiences which happen when everything falls into place, not experiences you can "force", not experiences which inevitably happen just because you took a certain dosage. Dosing very high is the way to go, normal "fun" doses will not fry your ego, but there is literally no possible way to guarantee an ego death, and trying too hard to have one kind of makes it less likely that it will actually happen.