View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD dosage to achieve ego death

louisvillemusicman

Bluelighter
Exactly what the title says: how strong of a dosage of LSD would it take to experience ego death. I know it differs person to person but if anyone can shed some light here that would be fantastic. I am getting 11.5 hits of LSD this week with 100+/- micograms each and want to see if I can do it.
Love & peace,
Ben

psilocybin couldn't get you to achieve ego death? I'm not sure I have 10 hours to be on LSD, you know? 2 hours of psilocybin is tolerable. Are you serious though? I'd get on LSD with supervision and pharmaceutical grade, not man-made grade.

Exactly what the title says: how strong of a dosage of LSD would it take to experience ego death. I know it differs person to person but if anyone can shed some light here that would be fantastic. I am getting 11.5 hits of LSD this week with 100+/- micograms each and want to see if I can do it.
Love & peace,
Ben

It will vary from person to person. Start on the lower end and work your way up. Definitely have someone to watch you. Wandering around a house, the forest or a city whilst having no idea who or what you are is not a good position to find yourself in. Keep in mind too that ego death is not always pleasant. My one experience with it was the worst thing I've ever been through in my life.

psilocybin couldn't get you to achieve ego death? I'm not sure I have 10 hours to be on LSD, you know? 2 hours of psilocybin is tolerable. Are you serious though? I'd get on LSD with supervision and pharmaceutical grade, not man-made grade.

Where are you going to get pharmaceutical grade LSD?

And what I'd find even more interesting: where do you get pharmaceutical grade LSD that's not man-made?

250ug and the perfect set and setting should do it. You defiantly have to let it happen, you should not try and hold on to reality ether... like turning on the TV or trying to hold a conversation, music with lyrics just be and be silent. You can moan and grown form the euphoria..

By the way this band/group Entheogenic could help, there sound is coloristic electrophonics with "impressionistic orchestra-like sound". Just be in the moment.... even if there are people, with you, there presence mite prevent ego loss for you too. So many are afraid to just let go.. that comes with feeling comfortable in you own body.

in the past Iv tried to dose at least 250ug and as soon as i get to peek i will start smoke'n some DMT... this gets me 3 or 4 trips to ego death land....That usually does it for me every time.
Happy trails to you...

Last edited:
And what I'd find even more interesting: where do you get pharmaceutical grade LSD that's not man-made?
Lol yea, I guess there's some crazy strong hits made by chemistry cats which you only gain access to after ingesting lots of man-made hits?

I would not recommend using LSD for ego death. By the time you reach the dosage required for substantial ego death, the negative side effects are too strong, in my opinion. I would recommend using a short-acting tryptamine, like smoked DMT.

Anyone else notice how questions never get answered in PD?

Like ^^ said, ego death has nothing to do with dose. Ive taken 5 drops of the highest quality liquid LSD around and had an extremely intense ass trip, but it was still just that.

No connection with the higher beings, no opening up my mind to the cosmos... but hell 2 hits of weaker stuff sent me to a ++++ almost every time, because I was prepared for it. I just knew what to do to achieve total connection.

You will never get it if you "want" it though, it is something that finds you. Its a special occurrence every time... almost like "God", or "aliens" or whatever you choose to believe, picks you up and takes you right to that place that monks try to get to for years without getting close

200mcg (or less, I only dosed 2 drops most times) is all you should need, too much and you wont get it, too little and you wont either...

I'm going to disagree about dose having nothing to do with it, for example, once I hit 35mg+ with 4-AcO-DMT, it's quite likely I'll experience it, and in fact I've tripped at that dose range about 8 or 9 times, and had ego death 6 or 7. At lower doses I've not experienced it a single time.

That said, I don't think the dose guarantees it, as my highest ever dose was ~75mg of 4-AcO-DMT (this was what finally snapped me out of my days of eyeballing!) and it did not provide ego death, rather almost the opposite, a very personal experience of being alone in the world.

The issue I see with trying to find a dosage for ego death is you're trying to hard to obtain it. The thing I've found with ego death is the harder you try for it, the further it slips from your reach, the key is to realise it's right there all along ;)

So my advice is to take a rather large dose, in a controlled environment, where you are safe, and have someone to watch over you - but not distract you from the trip. However, do not aim for ego death, just go for the high dose experience, see what happens - it might happen, it might not, there's no way to know in advance :)

Maybe you can trigger ego death kind of like you can trigger a bad trip by thinking negative thoughts. Not all the time but it seems to push the trip in that direction somewhat if your in a bad mood or depressed or what have you. Your thoughts are what dictates ego death. Electrical signal in your brain. People that have practiced meditating their whole life will one day be in the middle of meditating and possibly experience a ego death like experience. Then again for some other people it never happens at all.

Ego death starts with YOU. YOU being "I" or "SELF"

Like everyone says, it varies from person to person. Ego death is not something to really fuck with unless you know what youre doing and have no other hope. Sometimes it can just make things worse.

it depends on your age, maturity, any previous psychedelic usage and i dont think setting is important because i've experienced ego death in the worst of places. But my advice is take it slow... you don't want to get psychosis.

It certainly depends on a few factors. If you tend to fight the experience and don't "let go" then you may need a higher dosage to push you with a little more force... if that makes sense. For some 350 ug can do the trick others need upwards of a mg to experience full on ego death. I tend to be able to achieve full ego death through small dosages, with the help of meditation.

I've taken high enough doses to stun a charging gorilla and never experienced anything remotely like "ego death". That may be because I don't believe in it - to me it's some 100 year old idea of Freuds that was proved to be bullshit long ago that's achieved some kind of eternal life in psychedelic circles because Tim Leary used the term in the 60s. Instead of telling government officials "I was out of my tits on drugs" he tried to sound respectable by saying "I had an ego death". One sounds reasonable - the other sounds like a druggie. Tim wasn't dumb.

If you believe in ego death enough then it depends on how vivid your imagination is as to what dose you'll need. At a certain dose your imagination will give you what you need.

^ You never had an experience on psychedelics that you had no sense of self? I find at the right dosage of any psychedelic there is no fighting ego dissolution and when you don't let it all go that tends to lead to a difficult experience.

I'd never even heard of the term 'ego death' before.

I looked it up on wiki, this is some of it for anyone interested -

Definition

An ego death is said to be characterized as the perceived loss of boundaries between self and environment, a sense of the loss of "control", the loss of the accustomed feeling of existing as a "personal agent", and lose "cognitive-association binding".[1] This "perceived loss of boundaries between self and environment"[citation needed] is said to be experienced through a sensation that one is the whole universe (and therefore there is no need to differentiate the "I" from the "universe") or by simply acknowledging the "I" does not exist.
According to Stanislav Grof,
Ego death means an irreversible end to one's philosophical identification with what Alan Watts called skin-encapsulated ego.[2]

Methods of inducing the experience

Many methods, practices, or experiences may induce this state including soul-searching, lucid dreaming, sleep deprivation, fasting, meditation practice, psychedelics, or the use of an isolation tank.

Modern claims of ego death

Some famous examples of people claiming to have had the experience are Ramana Maharshi and U. G. Krishnamurti. In 2000 Eckhart Tolle claimed that he underwent the experience after having suffered from long periods of suicidal depression.[3] He says he woke up in the middle of that night and thought,

“I couldn’t live with myself any longer. And in this a question arose without an answer: who is the ‘I’ that cannot live with the self? What is the self? I felt drawn into a void. I didn’t know at the time that what really happened was the mind-made self, with its heaviness, its problems, that lives between the unsatisfying past and the fearful future, collapsed. It dissolved.”

Tolle recalls going out for a walk in London the next morning, and finding that “everything was miraculous, deeply peaceful. Even the traffic."[3]

Many users of psychedelics like psilocybin, DMT, LSD, DXM or Ketamine report experiences of ego death along with other mystical experiences common with psychedelic substances. This becomes apparent on study of psychedelic reports where themes relating to dying and mortality, transcendence, and expansion of consciousness are commonly observed.[citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_death

^ You never had an experience on psychedelics that you had no sense of self?

No, like Hoffman said, the beauty of psychedelics is that they don't produce a state of insanity, you are always perfectly aware that you have taken a drug as you experience the trip.