• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Immodium) Megathread: We have now lost at least 2 of our own from Lope

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I discovered loperamide years ago. I could have saved myself much grief and pain from WD's.

It has literally saved my life.

Flame on! :)

I wish I discovered loperamide years ago. I could have saved myself much grief and pain from WD's.

As much as I agree and am happy for you, I have to share my experiences with loperamide.

First of all, loperamide seems to be a double-edged sword. It CAN indeed cross the blood-brain barrier and WILL indeed provide relief of W/D's, if not a high on its own.

The really long half-life (and onset) is what I believe has contributed to the deaths mentioned before. (My deepest condolences to those who lost loved ones).

Some background details: I'm male, standing at 6 feet 3 inches, I weigh 202 pounds. On-off alcohol, opiate and benzodiazepine (ab)use for about 4 years, kinda got worse during the last two after a successful but nevertheless painful leg surgery recovery. Moderate tolerance for opiates. Daily meds are sertraline 100mg (Zoloft in the US?), and 10mg loratadine during allergy season.

A few months back I initially tried out popping 16 x 2mg loperamide capsules when I was in withdrawal from oxycodone, codeine and clonazepam at the same time (first two of which I had been prescribed after the aforementioned surgery, but ran out early). My initial thought was, well this cannot get any worse so I might as well go for it. After about two hours most of my physical w/d symptoms were gone, which kinda calmed me down mentally as well. After three hours I felt great.

I repeated this for a few times but then decided to stop, due to adverse effects. Here's some thoughs in retrospect:

I don't recommend massive loperamide doses to anyone for just trying to get high! The only useful scenario for this stuff is tapering down while in w/d's!

- for me, doses of 30-35 mg produced definite euphoria, and 10-20 was enough to help with w/d's

- loperamide is extremely long-acting, and seems to make my opiate tolerance in general go through the roof

- you MUST use Miralax, macrogol or whatever osmotic laxative works for you, to counteract the massive loperamide dose from drawing out all the water out from fecal matter and therefore causing SERIOUS constipation and possibly SERIOUS complications long-term

- if you use osmotic laxatives, REMEMBER to re-hydrate yourself regularly with mineral water, or sports drink, or whatever to compensate the electrolyte imbalance

- without laxatives, being constipated for 48 hours and shitting bricks and tennis balls is not fun..

- if you do loperamide regularly for w/d's, you will trade one addiction with another (goes without saying)... your peripheral opiate receptors will crave for it as much as the ones located in CNS, which is going to result in some serious runs, at least... not fun

I used Lope before for heroin withdraws last summer along with gabapentin, weeds, and a mealsly 15mgs of oxy. I think the lope heloed a kit and the best part was not having the shits.

just dont overdo it. i only took like 12mgs and i was good. Ive told people in my outpatient group about lope eliminating withdraws and they all looked at me like i was stupid. lmao little do they know that THEY are the dumb ones. ok, sit there and withdraw, see if i GAF.

I don't know why you expect to be flamed. This whole thread is literally about removing WD pain, and tapering off opioids with loperamide. You would only have been bitched out if you told us you had no tolerance to such drugs and use loperamide to get "high," (which let me reiterate, any feeling produced from loperamide is not comparable to any real full mu agonist).

I repeated this for a few times but then decided to stop, due to adverse effects. Here's some thoughs in retrospect:

Agree with everything. The only thing I find variable is the need for osmotic laxatives (or stimulant ones, but you didn't mention those). If you're getting seriously stopped up while using this for W/D you're might be taking too much. When I take just enough to finally end the last annoying symptom (lacrimation, and some times a stuffy nose, usually the only one or two that remain after everything else is extinguished) I am never truly constipated. I may defecate less, and it may resemble giraffe droppings (many tiny little balls, sorry for the mental image) but it is never painful, or unpleasant. This may just be me and differ wildly between people.

Hi -- again, so sorry for your loss. Cases where the patient has survived usually involve v-tach leading to cardiac arrest (There's at least two in the literature that I know of, probably others that I haven't seen yet.). That's something that wouldn't show on a coroner's report. Hypoxia and respiratory failure would happen secondary to sudden cardiac arrest. And yes, quinine probably wouldn't do much to potentiate the loperamide. Hope that helps... and I'm so sorry for what you're going through. :(

Thank you and yes that has helped.

Okay so i dosed some lope last night at 20mgs and holy shit it worked...

At about a hour mark i felt a lil bit of a buzz per say thay maybe lasted a half hour at most..

Then after i took a bath and sat in it for hour n a half..

Fell asleep almost immediately after..

Okay so heres some background ive been on 60mg of oxycodone sniffed for about 6 months with days of maybe 2 days abstinence at most maybe 3 times durring this 6 month period.. sometimes prolong with very small doses of suboxone or 300mg tramadol...

Its been 12 hours since that dose of 20mgs of lope nd i feel okay.. i still have sweats a lil in feet n hands but other than that lope has completely taken away my wds...

I must admit i was close with the bl'er that passed away from lope and i feel ashamed for doing this.. but i must after no sleep thru day 1 of wds shakes and hot n cold flashes with shivers i was desperate especially with a new baby...

Now my question is this are my moderate wds going to return after the lope wears off even tho i took the lope at the end of day 2? And what do i do from here because my wife goes bac to work on Thursday and i need to be normal to take care of the baby....

I have this fucking voice in the bac of my head thats telling me to take more lope... fuck that, i dont want to continue i just want to be normal.. i dont want to switch one addiction for another and i dont want to withdrawal from the lope its self or shoot my tollerance sky high...

And info would b greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advanced..

If you can't handle the w/d when they return, try replacing Lope with small amounts (2grams) of Kratom when needed. Worked great for me.

You could have a couple ounces of Bali overnights to you.

I've been in the same situation you are and trust me, if you're really an addict you should be on maintenance, kratom maintenance if nothing else. Why? How long do you think you'll manage to stay clean for? How long will it take before you're justifying running to your dealers place with the baby? How long before you're the only one around and you're thinking "I'll just do enough to keep me straight" followed by "a little more won't hurt" a little while later?

I dunno about you, but I knew I would fuck up someday and my kids were more important to me, so I got on maintenance and stayed there.

Being the person who told lil c about taking lope

Dawg I was straight shooting up 4mg subs a day for a year took lope for 2 weeks then took kratom for 3 days and was cleAn

Lope really is a way to cheat out the wds IMO if I would of know. about lope when I was shooting heroin lol that would of helped a lot

Don't get me wrong lope will make you severely constipated and I had to use a enema daily but it's better than shitting yourself

As for kratom mat it's legit but only if you can keep your tolerance steady

People actually try to take Loperamide to get high? LOL a simple google search will tell you it only helps with withdrawals and diarrhea basically.

Not true bruh

You can get high off it as some passes the bbb

A simple google search would tell you so

What Hammilton said.

Not true bruh

An argument about this would merely be pedantic about semantics.

Lope cannot get you high in the traditional sense of full mu agonists that can cross the blood brain barrier. You will never feel like you have taken a real opioid if you take loperamide. NEVER. If enjoy a weird dirty feeling (that some may call a high) and other unpleasant side effects, then yes, lope can get you "high."

Lope CANNOT make you euphoric in the sense of normal opioid like drugs. Telling people they can get that opiated feeling from loperamide is irresponsible, and has led to at least one death from some one with no tolerance people trying to get high, and other deaths in tolerant individuals who took a massive dose.

It is only useful for stopping devastating withdrawals.

Nigger it will feel like an opioid because it is one cut out this "true/real" bullshit it's just not a particularly euphoric opioid like fentanyl.

Not true bruh

Nigger it will feel like an opioid because it is one cut out this "true/real" bullshit it's just not a particularly euphoric opioid like fentanyl.

It does not and never will feel like any other semi-synthetic/synthetic or natural opioid period. Ever. As I said though, all semantics. No shit it's an opioid, but it also has properties unique to only loperamide.

You cannot get high off this drug in a traditional sense.

I cold turkey quit a long methadone habit with lope (beginning like week 3). unfortunately the recommendations I found said 96mg starting dose. been taking 200mg a day since until about 3 weeks ago and the shit energized me and not taking it set in horrific withdrawal but it didn't ever get me high. I did take it again after 11 days off for 3 days now off 9 days again I just want the withdrawals to subside. have tried drinking to cope a few days sometimes helps sometimes not. but I have a gnawing sensation in my stomach constantly has to b withdrawals right?

Last edited:
I cold turkey quit a long methadone habit with lope (beginning like week 3). unfortunately the recommendations I found said 96mg starting dose. been taking 200mg a day since until about 3 weeks ago and the shit energized me and not taking it set in horrific withdrawal but it didn't ever get me high. I did take it again after 11 days off for 3 days now off 9 days again I just want the withdrawals to subside. have tried drinking to cope a few days sometimes helps sometimes not. but I have a gnawing sensation in my stomach constantly has to b withdrawals right?

What Mr.Scagnattie said.

Are you experiencing other classic acute WD symptoms? Eyes running, hot/cold flashes, body pain ect? 200mg of loperamide is quite a bit to come off of.

Status
Not open for further replies.