• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

List of drugs used in MKULTRA

Not if counterculture was the intended outcome.

This period made it possible to reformat society, by making a break with the past: break with the religion practiced until then, break with the traditional family, with the values transmitted. This probably allowed the consumer society to expand rapidly thereafter.

A lot of people from the counterculture eventually joined the establishment. People like Steward Brand played a big role in bringing computing to the mainstream. This tool (the computer), presented as the "new LSD" by some - including Tim Leary - did not allow the promised release, quite the contrary.
I recently watched a documentary on the Symbionese Liberation Army (who kidnapped heiress Patty Hearst from UC-Berkeley in 1974), and I found myself unable to ignore a growing sense that there was a serious COINTELPRO/agent-provocateur vibe to the whole situation....

IMO the closest you can get to a "truth serum" is probably MDMA
MDMA was actually very specifically designed by secret intelligence agencies to be a truth serum. I kid you not, and I assure you, of course not to any absurd, absolute way, it is highly effective in this... And this was not only clear to me by how it made me feel, but also I saw examples enough of this in both the words and actions.of others as well in my own words and actions.

Tho I refuse to express the overal feeling of 90s XTC any different than being an overpowering feeling of pure love (and euphoria), its creators were actually first planning on naming the drug empathy, as they found this described.its effect in the best way, however due to reasons having to do mostly with marketing strategy they after all decided to call it,: XTC. This of course was the best choice as only the name XTC.could be as iconic as the drug itself turned out to be, for ppl my generation perhaps even on a world wide scale, XTC will be indefinetely deeply intertwined with the party culture of the 90s and it will always be the almost entirely dominating drug of that era, at least for many...

Last edited:
^
Mdma was discovered in 1912 by German chemists, shelved and rediscovered by Shulgin in the 70's . Secret services were not involved in it's development as far as I know.

MDMA was developed by a German pharmaceutical company in 1912. Originally known as “Methylsafrylaminc,” it was intended as a parent compound to synthesize medications that control bleeding, not to control appetite as is often incorrectly cited.33,34

^
Mdma was discovered in 1912 by German chemists, shelved and rediscovered by Shulgin in the 70's . Secret services were not involved in it's development as far as I know.
Okay, if this is the case, and at this point Im fully willing to accept this as being true, it seems I suffered some misinformation and I would like to apologize for blindly having shared this misinformation without even having done some more of the uttermost basic research to actually have been able to posses the correct information from the start, thank you for sharing what I suppose is the actual correct information, my guess is I got carried away by the to me seductive scenario of it being designed by secret services as truth serum and somewhat not sure what I should think about the following but its possible that this misinformation originates from a popular source since it seems unlikely I would have gotten it out of a source I would,.if only to a certain degree, consider trustable, and this.is something I actually consider a big nono, but I am going to take the easy way out and blame it on the fact that Im only human...

PS I actually try to approach most things, definitely when these things in some way are related to social interaction, in the most rational way I can think of and I also like to think I actually contain quite a lot of correct information about quite some various subjects, but I notice from time to time that Im somehow unable to lift this to the level I would like it to be, the only thing I would like to add that comes a bit to my defence is that the levels I would like to be at are rather unrealistically high, none the less I consider this MDMA misinformation as a really stupid mistake that easily could have been avoided and I really am expierencing some discomfort in accepting this to be that way, but dont take this in any dramatic way, I just wanted to express this feeling, its not like Im going to lose any sleep over it...

Last edited:
^

Yeah this is true. There's a lot of misinformation out there. If MK Ultra is still happening, or if anyone is attempting to figure out how to get a truth serum (and why not? Governments certainly still have the desire to drag the truth out of captured agents and shit), I have no doubt they would have attempted to use MDMA at some point. But its history is well documented. In fact, after Shulgin rediscovered it, it became widely used in psychiatry as a miraculous therapy aid, especially for PTSD, until it became popular as a street drug and demonized. At that point the research was buried and they attempted to erase all of the research into it overnight. More recently, due to the work of Rick Dobbs and MAPS (say what you will about some recent scandals, they fought the good fight), it is nearly approved for psychotherapy again.

I’m pretty sure if you capture a special agent and give them stupid high doses of almost any psych you can squeeze some truth out of them

They caused the death of one poor fucker by IVing just short of 500mg of MDA (sectioned psyche patients have fuck all rights. I speak from experience.)

There is a pdf version of 'Secrets of chemical warfare' by James Ketchum MD, which covers some of the MKULTRA shitshow (and a fair bit about 3-quinuclidinyl benzilate aka BZ).

Man they did some fucked up shit. They were putting people to sleep for months on IV barbs and trying to erase memories.

I find this list to be a fascinating look at what they knew about psychoactive drugs at the time
I don't know if it was the CIA or the army but it happened at Edgewood Arsenal, Maryland, USA.

They had gotten a violent criminal that was in a mental hospital, and tried escalating doses of MDA on him and ended up killing him by overdose.

Absolutely True Story.

Another great idea they had, not really, was to aerosolize and deliver the air dispersion LSD. Obviously that didn't work out very well.

Yeah, the CIA and other government organizations did some evil shit to a lot of people-- most of them uninformed about what was going on.
Now that's drug abuse.

Apparently Sodium Pentathol was the best….like a loose, happy drunk which all inhibitions have melted away, and you are mentally impaired as if you were drunk too

LSD-25 was extensively used, but acid isn’t a good truth serum

Sodium Pentithol and a euphoric drug like low dose Demerol (opioid + stimulant effects)

You won’t be able to shut me up lol

MK Ultra?As I remember,they(CIA,The Army) used ibogaine also.....but could be wrong

I think you're right. Well they basically used every drug know at that time.

Weed/THC/full agonist THC analogue was found to be as good “truth serum” as sodium pentathol it’s mostly up to interrogator anyway. That’s for interrogation of unsuspecting subjects or with aid of some torture otherwise both are shitty as “truth serum”.

Best “real truth serum” as in – you’ll tell something you wouldn’t and didn’t have to, are delirics in combo with skilful interrogator well versed in hypnosis or some other technique. Ofc you won’t get reliable information but given enough time or will you might before person goes totally insane.

O yeah, BZ, bz isn’t working anything like tropane alkaloids do, you don’t get realistic hallucinations of people, bugs, smoking cigs but rather terrifying otherworldly, fantastic horror stuff but you still 100% think it’s real just with tropan alkaloids caused hallucinations. Wonder how’s it in a really low dose taken wilfully, probably not that bad lol..

Tropan alcaloids could be highly toxic&dangerous.The real truth serum was hyoscimin...or may be scopolamine...Once took without intent datura seeds&experience was terrible....look -smokin' belladona leafes with ur canabis gives some non unpleasant specific high....it's not bad like effect although not something special

Yeah it's very toxic and potentially deadly (OR WORSE) group of substances not recommended to anyone.

Tho, I experienced delirum and I’m kinda glad I did. For years after I considered diving in once again to see if I would be better at recognising hallucinations and have tropan alkaloids on rare occasions but not in delirium doses. Best experiences were LSD + smoked belladona and cacti + datura tea.

And I would consider scopolamine as fast acting antidepressant and/or sleep in a very specific circumstances. But I guess I’m a very fucked up person as experience with BZ I hared didn’t even sound that bad to me if it wasn’t in combat.

“Goofballs” were the go to…. a potent pleasurable barbiturates, like a sloppy alcohol, blabbering anything and everything, lowered inhibitions, mentally impaired and foggy, don’t remember what exactly you said, motor mouth euphoric intoxicating effects

3 parts Barbiturates & 1 part Methedrine injection would have the subject loosely intoxicated with a drunken like blabber mouth on speed. Can’t shut me up after…

I was watching an interesting documentary which showed a list of drugs the CIA experiment with on people for mind control. I found it fascinating and many of these substances I found weird or confusing and thought about bringing it up.

For example one is "Carmine (narcotic)" which doesn't make any sense as to my knowledge carmine isn't even psychoactive let alone a narcotic.

Interesting point of discussion I think

I feel like this belongs in Drug Culture but I did want to discuss the drugs more than MKULTRA, so not sure.

I could not find this document anywhere online.
There was none, it involved television and radio signals and regular like spinning wheels. Maybe they think there was because of mk ultra bring a strain of weed. You can force someone to learn things by giving them drugs as a reward or to hook them in. This use to go on in schools or other places with cocaine or candy or both mixed together.

They may use drugs like Sodium Pentothal or Scopolamine or mdma. They encourage talking or truth telling. They may use lsd while doing experiments but mind control doesn’t really call for drugs. Drugs take a persons mind over. Only chemists had it easy, they know it’s never over at least for them anyways, all they can do is prevent drug usage. This is why they all became parasites trying to prevent one persons drug usage. This is why phosgene was sprayed everywhere around them. They don’t actually care about selling anyone anything and they want everyone away from them and out of there areas. Synthesizing food or indoor farming became necessary because oil or poison had to be sprayed everywhere so no one can travel in on foot or by vehicle, vehicles would track it back.

Phosgene is the weapon of a chemist. That’s why it slowed down they weren’t producing phosgene as well, the tiniest little drop goes through the persons skin and travels throughout the body as a poison going everywhere phosphorus would go. It’s this purple stuff that made the grass purple or dead looking. Super hard to clean it up. Radiation wasn’t enough and made everyone act like they liked each other. This is all caused by over production of everything. And then storing it, it takes a decade or decades for anything to change back or go forward.

They either try and steal or buy drugs the chemist or they try and stop production and force food production and this is why we do not like law enforcement or politicians, it was better to be a criminal involved with trafficking if you ran into police. Everything USA related is fake. They do all this weird foreign shit. We told them how it was here and there really isn’t supposed to be companies or stores. The biggest bums go this.

Of course it's pure speculation due to time, likely will never be any light brought to the matter, but there's some interesting possible ties between mkultra and Timothy Leary, just before he became publicly enamored with LSD.

🤔

I don't know if it was the CIA or the army but it happened at Edgewood Arsenal, Maryland, USA.

They had gotten a violent criminal that was in a mental hospital, and tried escalating doses of MDA on him and ended up killing him by overdose.

Absolutely True Story.

Another great idea they had, not really, was to aerosolize and deliver the air dispersion LSD. Obviously that didn't work out very well.

Yeah criminals, drug addicts and the mentally insane were prime candidates for the experiments during the 1950s. I’ll repost something I posted from another thread:

But yeah, one of the government’s go-tos during the 50s would be using drug addicts and other criminals (Whitey Bulger participated in one such program while in federal prison in Atlanta, and his recollections of it are pretty wild) in programs where they’d shoot them up with massive amounts of LSD and/or other drugs/substances for weeks and months at a time, and just observe their behavior. Sidney Gottlieb was largely responsible for getting the clinics and psychiatrists these drugs and he was always interested in other people’s research and insights...and a lot of these medical professionals were just as interested in Gottlieb in making people just lose their minds, I swear a lot of those dudes were doing some mad scientist stuff back then

I also find it amusing that the most common pretense for the experiments were that they were seeking a possible cure for schizophrenia

Gottlieb was pretty much the ringleader/central figure in the program, although higher-ranking figures in the government like Allen Dulles were also onboard obviously. He (Gottlieb) was actually an interesting guy, he seemed like he would be a cool/ good guy to know on a personal level, but goddamn was he into some dark evil shit in his professional life