• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

List of drugs used in MKULTRA

The JFK assasination was such a crazy event. Someone described JFK as the guy everyone simultaneously loved and wanted to kill lol, I liked that description.
... the tv audience loved
the alphabet agencies wanted to kill

Plus ca change
pls c'est la meme chose

Last edited:
Pissing off the CIA, Betraying the mafia and being hated by J. Edgar Hoover and having a Shitbag like LBJ coveting your job...not a good recipe for a long life

I still think they and many others wanted him dead and when they found out, they decided to all work together

I was watching an interesting documentary which showed a list of drugs the CIA experiment with on people for mind control. I found it fascinating and many of these substances I found weird or confusing and thought about bringing it up.

For example one is "Carmine (narcotic)" which doesn't make any sense as to my knowledge carmine isn't even psychoactive let alone a narcotic.

Interesting point of discussion I think

I feel like this belongs in Drug Culture but I did want to discuss the drugs more than MKULTRA, so not sure.

I could not find this document anywhere online.
A couple disturbing things I know they did were giving people high doses of lsd and then antipsychotics, and injecting one arm with an amphetamine and the other with a barbiturate. Lots of nasty experiments during that time.

They'd put people in months long comas induced by barbiturates in an attempt to erase memories

Sign Me Up Conor Mcgregor GIF by UFC

Pissing off the CIA, Betraying the mafia and being hated by J. Edgar Hoover and having a Shitbag like LBJ coveting your job...not a good recipe for a long life

Yeah the list of potential suspects includes, but is not limited to: the Cubans, the Mafia (American), various branches of organized crime worldwide, the KGB, other foreign intelligence agencies, the CIA, the FBI, assorted other branches of the American govt/military, LBJ, various business interests in the private sector, and it goes on and on…

I already blamed the CIA, Mafia, FBI, LBJ, and I did forget Military Contractors, but there was probably more than one group involved

They caused the death of one poor fucker by IVing just short of 500mg of MDA (sectioned psyche patients have fuck all rights. I speak from experience.)

There is a pdf version of 'Secrets of chemical warfare' by James Ketchum MD, which covers some of the MKULTRA shitshow (and a fair bit about 3-quinuclidinyl benzilate aka BZ).
I cannot begin to imagine how awful it would be to die because you were unknowingly injected with a massive dose of MDA as well as 3 other mescaline analogues.

Of note - it doesn't even seem like he was there involuntarily. He was depressed following a divorce and checked himself into the hospital.

I cannot begin to imagine how awful it would be to die because you were unknowingly injected with a massive dose of MDA as well as 3 other mescaline analogues.

Of note - it doesn't even seem like he was there involuntarily. He was depressed following a divorce and checked himself into the hospital.

That reference also mentions Frank Olsen. He was an army biochemist who was given LSD and threw himself out of a tall building's window.
The people behind MKULTRA were a bunch of cunts, but it back fired on them when Ken Kesey got involved in testing (Merry Pranksters and Electric Kool-Aid Acid Tests).
When you consider Ian Fleming worked for SOE/MI6 before writing the James Bond novels (and weirdly, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!), having a licence to kill seems all the more plausible, for British agents

Last edited:
Me too, however we heard of some of the stuff that went on. The big question is, whether or not worse things were done. Most records were destroyed, but I bet there were off the record stuff, that was probably much worse.
Even with the CIA, there has to be a learning curve. So now, whatever is possibly going on is more secret. People get use to doing bad shit, and as time goes on they get more use to doing these things. They also get better at hiding it.

I don't know if this is relevant but I thought it was an interesting series and wondered how he got away with it if it was real but has anyone seen the series https://derrenbrown.co.uk/shows/apocalypse/? I saw it ages ago and it's hard to describe but some UK hypnotist guy convinces this guy the world is going to end by hacking his phone and tv supposedly and doing all these stunts with actors. Just shows what the entertainment industry is capable of.

The other one was an episode in the blacklist (a fiction series but still...) where a female was targeted by a psychologist to go to her breaking point and like rob a bank or something. It's been a while since I saw it but it makes you wonder if it's based on what has happened in real life.

I thought telepathine was supposed to he harmine/harmaline, but those are listed separately. Maybe it's some kind of Caapi extract?

But sodium is definitely the weirdest thing on the list, by far. Some close contenders are manganese chloride and calcium chloride :ROFLMAO:
If you're going to use me as a guinea pig at least have the decency to give me something I can get fucked up on.
Unless you make Sodium-Oxybate aka GHB.

Joking as that would at least need Sodium-OH ao.

I know someone who was part of MKULTRA as a six year old. They are fucked for life.

They didn't know what they were doing but they certainly had no qualms about testing psychotropics on innocent people.

The US gov is really capable of any evil imaginable.

Why would they want to weaken their own nation?
They wanted to weaken "subversive" elements within the nation. Remember this was the Cold War era - they were terrified of the youth getting ideas into their heads that were "un-American". McCarthyist BS. Get the kids dosed up, villify them in the press and take out their real enemies (perceived), such as Civil Rights leaders and more radical groups such as the Black Panther Party. Make the hippies the scapegoat and murder Fred Hampton who was preaching equality and feeding children. Manson was likely MK Ultra and look at how they used that horror to kill the movement and usher in a new age of conservatism, leading up to Reagan who funded the Contras with the help of Old Man Bush, creating the crack epidemic. Years later, Bush Jr. gets in and takes the empire and its satellite States into Afghanistan, where all of the heroin in my part of the world happened to come from. Before that, Vietnam, which funnily enough was conveniently placed to bring heroin into the states. All the while, the CIA were testing out chemicals on people as the FBI were going after commies/perceived commies/radicals etc whilst giving various mobs the green light to bring drugs into the country. There are many layers to this and the more you look into the hippie movement and all that, the more you realise it was all part of a big Psyop or at least a collection of interrelated psyops, with MK Ultra being just one that we know of. And look at how many of these "hippies" ended up becoming yuppies? Most of them were just following fashion. Frank Zappa had some interesting things to say about this also. He didn't touch drugs and has even been accused of being a CIA asset of sorts. Go figure. Also, Whitey Bulger claimed to have been fcked with in a manner akin to MK Ultra and he was a protected high level FBI informant for decades. And as I said, the Manson family stuff, other weirdo serial killer types allegedly, all designed to strengthen the state in some way.

All of this is a bitter pill to swallow as many of us love our drugs and have fond feelings when it comes to these movements but think about the bigger picture. Think about what's going on now with fentanyl, tranq and the fact that none of this could happen without st least some complicity via corrupt government agencies. The "war on drugs" became a cover for the war on movements of national liberation (and communism), mostly in Latin America. Now, it is hard to understand why they are letting it happen but I believe that there are two fsctors: 1) keeping key sections of the population marginalised and essentially neutralised, i.e. poor people who might start organising poor the Panthers did (an FBI informant got Dr. Huey Newton into cocaine, just an example that came to mind) and 2) money, the most obvious one. Billions and billions of dollars, flowing through the intricate global financial network. Look at the Brits and the Opium Wars on China. None of this would happen if it wasn't making money, whether for the upper classes and the shadier parts of their portfolios or for the prison industrial complex, the cops, the DEA, the "intelligence" agencies - all of whom combined are seemingly unable to stop the flow of drugs which actually gets bigger and bigger every year. Money, social control and justification for marginalisation/heavy policing/privately run prisons which make enormous profits from slave labour and of course helping to fund insurgencies or counter insurgencies, depending on which side of America's "interests" a group is fighting in the benefit of.

One last thing, Hunter S. Thompson accused Timothy Leary of being a rat (could've been Ken Kesey - forgive me if I'm wrong) and if you read his stuff beyond Fear and Loathing, you'll realise that he was very close to government sources himself and would likely know such a thing. I think people get too hung up on the "truth serum" stuff which of course was a part of it but the picture was much bigger than that, and the CIA etc. weren't as naive as some people here have made out (I. e. the classification of drugs etc.)-i think that some very sinister, very clever people realised that drugs could be used for far more World changing things than getting the truth out of some Soviet spook. One could almost conclude that elements of how drugs have been dealt with by government agencies could be seen as examples of chemical warfare.

Edit: forgot to mention a key element that concerned the US government greatly, or at least the shady alphabet agencies, and that was the anti-war movement. Turn the anti war hippies into the enemy and bring the masses back to a conservative mindset, helped much by atrocities such as the Mason Family horrors (read Tom O'Niell's book on them, and Ed Sanders' book 'The Family'). But yeah, look at what happened to San Fran after the summer of love - kinda like Kensington, Philly now no? Job done. Time to vote in Nixon.

Last edited: