• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

List of drugs used in MKULTRA

I posted this from another thread too:

That is actually a decent summary of what they were attempting to do with MK-ULTRA. The ultimate goals was the ability to manipulate a human mind so that a targeted individual could commit any kind of morally transgressive act with zero conscience, zero hesitation & zero ability to be able to compromise the CIA after the fact. The idea of using such techniques, involving psychotropic drugs or otherwise, was especially appealing regarding use against high-ranking officers or government officials within regimes that the United States was opposed to at that time.

It was also based on a lot of erroneous assumptions and misplaced beliefs on the part of the United States government at that time, in regards to the Soviet Union and their capabilities. For example, after József Mindszenty was forced to incriminate himself during his show trial in Hungary during the late 1940s, people in the CIA assumed that the Soviet Union was exercising "mind control" techniques on him. In reality there was a much simpler explanation: the authorities in Hungary at that time simply used conventional methods of brutality and torture against him, until he agreed to say what they wanted him to say, and it was as simple as that. But imaginations were running wild at that time during the Cold War.

It’s definitely an interesting subject, people in government had some pretty wacky theories about these substances at one time

It’s definitely an interesting subject, people in government had some pretty wacky theories about these substances at one time

If you consider the goals of MKUltra, the people funding it were open to any idea whatsoever.

In science, the axiom is generally 'a bold claim must be substantiated with strong evidence' but these people didn't need ANY evidence. Anyone with a bold hypothesis would more than likely be granted funding.

The reality is we will never know the extent of the damage because funding for some of the more controversial work was indirect.

About the only firm outcome was that drugs were of little value because the accuracy of a given statement proved to be inversely related to how messed up the person was giving said statement.

I'm sure it forwarded the cause of 'enhanced interrogation' and certainly the Soviets also discovered that barbiturates and similar were effective in messing up a person's circadian rhythm (someone awaking couldn't tell if they had been out for 10 minutes or 10 hours) but it provided only tiny gains at the expense of many lives.

That’s true. I’ve always been amazed at how much latitude many of the key figures in the program were given. Ft. Detrick, the home of the USA’s biological weapons program during WW2, was converted into basically a chemical weapons facility post-war, and a lot of the people involved in the MKULTRA program were given really startling amounts of discretion regarding how they ran it.

In 1954, a prison doctor in Kentucky isolated seven black inmates and fed them “double, triple and quadruple” doses of LSD for 77 days straight. No one knows what became of the victims. They may have died without knowing they were part of the CIA’s highly secretive program to develop ways to control minds—a program based out of a little-known Army base with a dark past, Fort Detrick.

It's worth comparing and contrasting with the 'Project Coast' in South Africa.

Most if not all of the scientists involved recognized that the apartheid regime was about to collapse, that their qualifications and experience were unlikely to be recognized by most developed nations and thus Project Coast, was their last chance to make a LOT of money.

So they made tonnes of MDMA, methaqualone, PCP and so on all intended for 'crowd control' and what do you know, all those drugs just went missing!

They also researched toxins and poisons but BOY did they make a LOT of street drugs.

There are so many extremely dark and evil things that have come to light about MKULTRA. The thing that really bothers me is all the really dark and evil stuff that we may never know about.
Most of the important files were destroyed(yes I know you know that). Then there is stuff there was never records about. The people involved are all pretty much dead.
Back then it was easier to hide the awful things that were done in the name of National Security.
Yeah criminals, drug addicts and the mentally insane were prime candidates for the experiments during the 1950s. I’ll repost something I posted from another thread:

Gottlieb was pretty much the ringleader/central figure in the program, although higher-ranking figures in the government like Allen Dulles were also onboard obviously. He (Gottlieb) was actually an interesting guy, he seemed like he would be a cool/ good guy to know on a personal level, but goddamn was he into some dark evil shit in his professional life
There are also stories of drug experiments on teenagers in the 1980's, and their deaths(the ones who were found) made to look like suicides.
Wonder if they used any runaways or homeless people?
I still wonder who was the woman they called the Snake Lady( a CIA or NSA agent who was allegedly a witch, like into the occult, who supplied a lot of teenagers with drugs that died). This was in the 80's. Covered up, like all the evil, illegal stuff the government hides.
It is scary to think what people will do if they are above the law and their actions will never come to light or will be held accountable: In the name of National Security.

Yeah criminals, drug addicts and the mentally insane were prime candidates for the experiments during the 1950s. I’ll repost something I posted from another thread:

Gottlieb was pretty much the ringleader/central figure in the program, although higher-ranking figures in the government like Allen Dulles were also onboard obviously. He (Gottlieb) was actually an interesting guy, he seemed like he would be a cool/ good guy to know on a personal level, but goddamn was he into some dark evil shit in his professional life
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of Gottliebs descendents or family members director of the FDA as recent as a few years ago? I believe I looked it up a couple years ago, can't remember the conclusion, but yeah, Scott Gottlieb. Particularly shitty person.

I tried nembutal barbiturates before years ago. I enjoyed it very much and had no social anxiety or fear. Others could tell I was on something though and it was like I didn't realise how obvious it was if that makes sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of Gottliebs descendents or family members director of the FDA as recent as a few years ago? I believe I looked it up a couple years ago, can't remember the conclusion, but yeah, Scott Gottlieb. Particularly shitty person.
Gottlieb is a fairly common surname, lots of Dr's and scientists .

people saying that runaways, the mentally ill, and homeless were all targeted makes me think that they probably picked a lot of people up off the grateful dead tour and tested them. seems like it could've been one of the reasons why they let all that go on.

i believe they can just brain wash people into completley forgetting stuff or believing stuff with out drugs too, esspecially possible with children.

I don't think the CIA is strong on ethics. Let's face it, they have instituted violent insurrection in every single* South and Latin American nation if the democratically elected leader wasn't pro-USA enough.

*With the exception of Costa Rica who dismantled their military in 1949.

It's a matter of opinion what is 'preempting threats and furthering national security objectives''

Who decides what MAY be a threat in the future? In essence, it's a blueprint so do whatever you want.

Most nations have some agency in the mould of the CIA but they do at least have some level of government oversight. The CIA almost uniquely works on a simple 'don't ask, don't tell' which on one hand has led to some remarkable technical innovations BUT on the other hand, is WIDE OPEN to corruption. I don't mean spying for another nation so much as being in a position to engage in self-enrichment.

Air America got too big to hide but I would be truly amazed if their weren't CIA assets within todays cocaine trade as the people at the top of those businesses essentially HAVE armies and thus MAY potentially be useful.

So kidnap and murder can almost always be excused.

It still blows me away that Richard Helms got away with destroying the original mind-control program documents during the 1970s, there should’ve been severe consequences for that but iirc he basically just said “I’m sorry” to Congress and they let it go. A lot of people in government probably thought that the entire program was a cringe fest that they didn’t want to touch with a ten foot pole at that point though, and they’d prefer to just forget about it

I don't think the CIA is strong on ethics. Let's face it, they have instituted violent insurrection in every single* South and Latin American nation if the democratically elected leader wasn't pro-USA enough.

*With the exception of Costa Rica who dismantled their military in 1949.

It's a matter of opinion what is 'preempting threats and furthering national security objectives''

Who decides what MAY be a threat in the future? In essence, it's a blueprint so do whatever you want.

Most nations have some agency in the mould of the CIA but they do at least have some level of government oversight. The CIA almost uniquely works on a simple 'don't ask, don't tell' which on one hand has led to some remarkable technical innovations BUT on the other hand, is WIDE OPEN to corruption. I don't mean spying for another nation so much as being in a position to engage in self-enrichment.

Air America got too big to hide but I would be truly amazed if their weren't CIA assets within todays cocaine trade as the people at the top of those businesses essentially HAVE armies and thus MAY potentially be useful.

So kidnap and murder can almost always be excused.
I agree, but so much has been cracked down on. The NSA spying and the size and scope of what they do is scarier today. That doesn't mean there are not bad elements.
Was it MI5 or MI6 that murdered Pricess Di, Dodi AL Fayed, and the driver? With help from the French.

No - same people as shot JFK.
Your joking right? Now why would rogue elements of the CIA and The Italian Mafia( la Cosa nostra) or the Sicilian Mafia, want her dead? Two members at least of the British royal family had her killed. They( the British royal family) had nothing to with JFK's Assassination.

So then by that logic you think Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone
Lol. History is full of conspiracies
I was like that but when you have too many pieces that don't fit you have a problem

Occam's razor sometimes is a little dull.
The shortest or easiest answer ain't always right

The JFK assasination was such a crazy event. Someone described JFK as the guy everyone simultaneously loved and wanted to kill lol, I liked that description.

Occam's razor sometimes is a little dull.
The shortest or easiest answer ain't always right
occams-razor.jpg