• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

I am taking what is probably considered a lot for a new user. I start with 7-8 grams. I tried 4 and felt nothing. Perhaps bc my opiate tolerance is so high to begin with? I was using roughly 160 mg of oxy per day for a while.

I would go 16 grams minumimum - 1 gram for every 10mg of oxy, and 1 gram is really equal to about 5mg of oxy, so you could go up to 32 grams in a day. Split the dose so you can take it some every 2.5-4 hours.

Holy crap , that much would make me noxious as he'll !!
I came off avg. 120mg/day oxy. For a long time ..... Weened down over like 2 weeks ( the best I could ) and started kratom while weening - but a 4g. Am / 2-3g. afternoon was enough to make it more pleasant than ever imagined ...... Now , 3 mos clean I still take but approx. 4g. / 3x day just BC I love the goodness it gives me .....
What strain are you using ? I've stuck to green/white mixes and never exp. any sweating or flashes - maybe you are still in w/d and that's what's going on ??

I tried Maeng Da first and it was a little too stimulating for the kind of feeling I aim for. I went to Malay next and loved it! Unfortunately, I was getting it from a head shop. After reading all the Kratom mega threads on here, I decided to buy Bali from a vendor. It came today!!! I did T & W and am feeling pretty good now. It's not quite as euphoric as the Malay so far but I dosed low until I could figure out how strong it is. I like the feeling of Bali, I just want it a little more intense.

I tried Maeng Da first and it was a little too stimulating for the kind of feeling I aim for. I went to Malay next and loved it! Unfortunately, I was getting it from a head shop. After reading all the Kratom mega threads on here, I decided to buy Bali from a vendor. It came today!!! I did T & W and am feeling pretty good now. It's not quite as euphoric as the Malay so far but I dosed low until I could figure out how strong it is. I like the feeling of Bali, I just want it a little more intense.

^^^ yeah headshop prices are 2.5-10 times wholesale prices. The Maeng Da is excellent for pain relief if you take enough of it. The Bali is great too. Of course you want it to be more intense, but that is what makes kratom a miracle drug for addiction- it's lack of intensity, while still being sufficient enough to attenuate WD symptoms.

^^ You're right. I am still under the pill head mentality and Kratom is in a field of its own. I am surprised at how much of an opiate feel some strands seem to have. It has definitely helped me kick a 16 year opiate addiction. I can't complain. Cheaper, too!!

I am taking what is probably considered a lot for a new user. I start with 7-8 grams. I tried 4 and felt nothing. Perhaps bc my opiate tolerance is so high to begin with? I was using roughly 160 mg of oxy per day for a while.

7 - 8 grams is not a CRAZY dose. I normally do 3.5 - 4 teaspoons a night, which is about 7 or 8 grams.

I'm getting Green Hulu Kapuas and it'll pretty much be my introduction to kratom, in general. I'm not going to count the couple of convenience store impulse purchases that didn't really have an effect. Has anyone tried this strain, and if so, what did you think?

I haven't heard of it. It's not on my vendor's list of selection.

wow!! reading this thread really gives me hope!. I have been on opioids for 17 years for pain management for back problems after years of dosing as high as over 250 mgs a day im now down to 115 mgs a day. Between the bs you have to put up with pain docs feeling like they control my life whether i live or not (little exaggerating) but really i dread my day every month when its time to see him. Funny thing is they preach that opioiods stop working after awhile which is bs even tho i only feel my meds if i forget to take them i no longer feel any high and havent in years but actually they still work good for my pain. Sorry for long rant anyhow im getting real close to leaving pain docs behind for kratom just worried im not low enough yet to jump without discomfort, but i have to say the day i can get kratom online to substitute for monthly pain doc would definitely be one of the best days of my life!. i appreciate any helpful info

I'm getting Green Hulu Kapuas and it'll pretty much be my introduction to kratom, in general. I'm not going to count the couple of convenience store impulse purchases that didn't really have an effect. Has anyone tried this strain, and if so, what did you think?

Yeah, I've never heard of that one...

I heard it was good. Green ones are supposed to be inbetween the white and red ones. Not too stimulating and not too sedating.
Good luck.

Hi guys, I got red vein borneo capsules today, I'm confused by the dosage, how many grams are in a capsule? Thanks! Xxx

Is that at one time??

Yup, all at once.

At one point I was even eating an ounce or slightly more in a single dose.

I just didn't really realize early on how important it was to try to keep your dosage low.

I was entirely focussed on how many days per week I dosed and keeping it to now more than like 3 days a week and for the better part of 2 years that DID prevent any real withdrawal symptoms (even now when I get them they are mild and gone in a few days) but I just went crazy with my dosing.

To be honest I don't understand how there are people who have been using Kratom for a year or more, especially if they use it weekly, who are still able to get high on less than 10 grams in a single dose.

I mean I know that if you are diligent it IS possible to keep your dose down but at the same time how do you guys who keep your doses low NOT end up having your tolerance just keep rising and rising till you need more??

Just vaped half a gram thai kratom shredded @ 385F. Worked pretty well.

Just vaped half a gram thai kratom shredded @ 385F. Worked pretty well.

That's really weird because you are NOT supposed to smoke or vape Kratom.

Have you ingested it before normally?? (either toss & wash or tea??)

Are you sure the feeling you are getting is not placebo??

I mean you ARE aware that Kratom isn't meant to be smoked or vaped right???

I've read that the heat can destroy some of the alkaloids... ok, but you never know till you try :) Me and my buddy vaped a couple times and always felt a nice lil head buzz. Seems that not all the alkaloids get destroyed.

E: The high feels different from the usual toss&wash high and of course doesn't last as long.

E2: If I'm sure it wasn't placebo? Nope, I'm not sure of anything ;)

Last edited:
Yup, all at once.

At one point I was even eating an ounce or slightly more in a single dose.

I just didn't really realize early on how important it was to try to keep your dosage low.

I was entirely focussed on how many days per week I dosed and keeping it to now more than like 3 days a week and for the better part of 2 years that DID prevent any real withdrawal symptoms (even now when I get them they are mild and gone in a few days) but I just went crazy with my dosing.

To be honest I don't understand how there are people who have been using Kratom for a year or more, especially if they use it weekly, who are still able to get high on less than 10 grams in a single dose.

I mean I know that if you are diligent it IS possible to keep your dose down but at the same time how do you guys who keep your doses low NOT end up having your tolerance just keep rising and rising till you need more??

I have no idea how this is happening but I have been doing it every night for 2 weeks straight and still get high off of the usual 3 - 4 teaspoons (around 6 - 8 grams). I normally stop taking krat when my tolerance goes up, but this time around it's been very good. I am healthy and I exercise and eat healthy, so maybe that is why my tolerance remains low.

I get slight withdrawals when I don't take a night off, which is why now I just don't do it.

I won't ever feel the complete mind-baffling euphoria I felt the first time I took kratom 2 years ago, for those first 3 or 4 months when my use was more spread out.. now it's a bit more like satisfying that nightly craving. But you know what... it's still an evening indulgence that I cherish. ;] Half of the fun is probably settling down to that warm tea. It also really helps with the muscle pains I get from exercise, so I just feel everything 'melting' away, and all of my day's troubles seem to go too. I suppose kratom is still doing it's job...

Last edited: