• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

I'd say probably within a week depending on size of the habit, I'm just guessing though because I haven't had a long break in over a year. I also don't sleep naturally and haven't for years, I use weed every night along with a rotation of downers.

Well you've been using every day for quite a while now right??

So your withdrawal would probably be worse than me since I'm used to going a day or two without though it's been a month since I went longer than two days in a row without dosing.

I'm just hoping my withdrawal isn't too bad because I'm planning on quitting (at least for several months if not more) in about 2 weeks after I finish what I have and so far I USUALLY stick to 4 days a week but this week and last week I fucked up and went 5.

I have only 5 grams of UEI (the rest is all plain leaf) that was I thinking of doing at the end and people would probably say that will make my withdrawal worse but I know i'll really want to try it just before I quit because it's so strong...

I mean since it's only 5 grams which I can finish in 1 day usually--2 max, I'm not thinking it shouldn't leave TOO bad an effect on me unlike if I was taking more...

But I would assume others would recommend against it...

Still....I mean I didn't take any Kratom today and I don't feel all that bad.

Usually day 2 without feels a little worse than day 1....but for the most part shouldn't MOST of the strongest withdrawal symptoms appear within the first 1-2 days without taking it??

Is it really likely to get WORSE after 48 hours since dosing??

Cause last month I went 5 straight days without dosing and felt like most of my withdrawal symptoms were gone after that except a little depression....so I'm THINKING (and hoping) that PROBABLY it shouldnt take much longer than 5 days for me to feel better this time right??

Yeah once you become dependent it can be a bitch trying to sleep after 24 hours without dosing. Minor sleeping issues shouldn't be too difficult or take too long to overcome. It only gets worse...as your dependency grows you can look forward to near complete inability to sleep during w/d.

Imagine laying there tired but wide awake, going back and forth between shivering under the covers to sweating buckets. Get up to go to the bathroom and you have to change your underwear, pajamas, etc. because they're already soaked in sweat just as your bed sheets and pillow are and the night is only half over. Good times. :)

How much were you dosing a day to get to that point?

I'd say probably within a week depending on size of the habit, I'm just guessing though because I haven't had a long break in over a year. I also don't sleep naturally and haven't for years, I use weed every night along with a rotation of downers.

I used to sleep naturally a lot better before I started doing kratom every night... I need to get some Valerian root or something to seriously help me get off this stuff when I need to.

How much were you dosing a day to get to that point?

That was my question, along with for how long he did it to get there.

I want to be sure not to EVER get to that point lol.

But as it stands I'm STILL the complete opposite which is I can't sleep ON Kratom and only OFF of it...and I think that must prove I'm somewhat less dependent, and want to keep it that way.

Originally Posted by Snake_Eyes
Yeah once you become dependent it can be a bitch trying to sleep after 24 hours without dosing.
Yeah this is the case with ANY u-opioid agonist.. wd is a bitch.

That was my question, along with for how long he did it to get there. I want to be sure not to EVER get to that point lol.

Dependency occurs at various rates for different people. But I'd suspect if you're taking it more than 3-4 times a week, you can probably expect mild-moderate wd symptoms, and if you're taking it daily for a month or two, I'd suspect you'd probably endure moderate-severe wd symptoms..

^This is just a general take on kratom dependency. Results will vary. There are too many variables in people's individual 'dependency equation' to spit out an accurate answer..

- Hopeless..

Yeah this is the case with ANY u-opioid agonist.. wd is a bitch.

Dependency occurs at various rates for different people. But I'd suspect if you're taking it more than 3-4 times a week, you can probably expect mild-moderate wd symptoms, and if you're taking it daily for a month or two, I'd suspect you'd probably endure moderate-severe wd symptoms..

^This is just a general take on kratom dependency. Results will vary. There are too many variables in people's individual 'dependency equation' to spit out an accurate answer..

- Hopeless..

Yeah, so according to those GENERAL guidelines I'd be in the first category--mild to moderate WD symptoms.

I've usually been taking it 4 days a week, except for 5 days a week the last 2 weeks....Never more than that, never taken it 6 days a week often go 2-3 days in a week without dosing...

The question more is "how long" it takes most people at those stages to get through withdrawal.

I'm leaving myself 10 days before work starts again, which I'm assuming should be MORE than enough since a month ago I was feeling about 85% fine after 5 days without dosing.

I've been taking Kratom daily for nearly two months and my wd symptoms are honestly not very noticeable. Then again I've experienced full-on opiate withdrawal so that's my standard of comparison. I also never use Kratom at night, only morning-midday.

When I want to take a break I can usually cover the kratom absence with weed, but there absolutely is some noticeable lethargy. A moderate amount has me feeling like I've been smoking all day and I'm burned out, even if it's the only time I've smoked that day.

Kratom really sucks for me. The effects are great while they last, but then once the buzz dies down I am left with rebound congestion/sneezing fits every time, no matter what strain I use. This sounds like withdrawal, but i only use two maybe three times a week max in doses no more then four grams. I don't use any other opiates. Also seem to feel depressed the day after using. Is there something wrong with my kratom or could I just be sensitive to the effects? Really want to keep using kratom sporadically as I have been, but not sure the drawbacks are worth it for me.

If you are dosing 3 times a week, even with only a 4 gram dose, it likely is minor withdrawal you are experiencing on days off that is causing the sneezing. And the depression the day after is for sure rebound depression. Kratom is a mu-opiate agonist, it is not much different then being addicted to a weaker opiate like codeine as far as rebound effects and severity of withdrawal symptoms go. Check out the sub-reddit /r/quittingkratom for peoples logs and experiences quitting kratom. The general consensus is that it takes about 30 days or so to get back to total baseline, with the first week being the main withdrawals and the next few weeks being PAWS symptoms.

Now, 4 grams three times a week is definitely on the low side, so I'd think you'd be back to total baseline after about a week or two at most as far as mood and stuff goes if you chose to quit completely.

But trust me guys, kratom isn't as harmless as kratom advocates make it out to be, as far as addiction potential goes. It has been my go to for poppy tea and heroin withdrawal in the past, and was strong enough to get me out of withdrawal, so it's actually pretty potent stuff as far as opiate effects go.

If you are dosing 3 times a week, even with only a 4 gram dose, it likely is minor withdrawal you are experiencing on days off that is causing the sneezing. And the depression the day after is for sure rebound depression. Kratom is a mu-opiate agonist, it is not much different then being addicted to a weaker opiate like codeine as far as rebound effects and severity of withdrawal symptoms go. Check out the sub-reddit /r/quittingkratom for peoples logs and experiences quitting kratom. The general consensus is that it takes about 30 days or so to get back to total baseline, with the first week being the main withdrawals and the next few weeks being PAWS symptoms.

Now, 4 grams three times a week is definitely on the low side, so I'd think you'd be back to total baseline after about a week or two at most as far as mood and stuff goes if you chose to quit completely.

But trust me guys, kratom isn't as harmless as kratom advocates make it out to be, as far as addiction potential goes. It has been my go to for poppy tea and heroin withdrawal in the past, and was strong enough to get me out of withdrawal, so it's actually pretty potent stuff as far as opiate effects go.

What are the PAWS symptoms you'd be talking about experiencing after a week??

I've been binging pretty hard on Kratom, 4-5 days a week in VERY large dosages of sometimes up to an ounce a day, so I'm a bit worried about the withdrawal when I quit in a couple weeks.

However, usually on my off days I just experience some lethargy and depression and I try to go without dosing 2-3 days a week to lessen the addiction.

I should probably mention for reference that a month ago I went 5 full days in a row without dosing and most WD symptoms were over after the first 3 days with a little depression left on day 5 before I dosed on day 6.

So even though my addiction is PROBABLY somewhat worse now than it was then I'm ASSUMING that the intensity of my withdrawal symptoms shouldn't be WAY worse than they were then right??

As it stands my plan is leaving myself 10 full days of no Kratom usage before I have to go back to work on September 1st.

So my question is, even with my high doses and dosing frequency, do you think that enough of my withdrawal symptoms should be gone after 10 FULL days without Kratom that I should be able to work without it interfering too greatly (and sleep well enough the night before...after all I've never experienced insomnia but some people say it can happen...)????

My job is also not manual labor...I tutor English....usually 4-7 hours a day MAX.

Also, my first couple weeks of work will be VERY light and my first day (which would be 11 days after my last dose if I do it that way) is really just an orientation.

If I quit on the schedule I'm thinking about it will be actually be 15 Full days without Kratom before I ACTUALLY have to work other than the one orientation I just have to sit there and listen to with very little if any participation on my part.

So does it sound to you like the Bulk of my withdrawal symptoms should be gone by 10 days before my orientation and 15 days before my actual first work day??

Or do you think it's REALLY essential I quit even MORE than 10 days before that orientation (15 days before REAL work)???

(Also, I am prescribed Klonopin so that could potentially help with WD and I take that about 5 days a week and have enough to take it whenever I want)

I'm thinking I should probably be ok by 10 full days after my last dosage right???

What are the PAWS symptoms you'd be talking about experiencing after a week??

I've been binging pretty hard on Kratom, 4-5 days a week in VERY large dosages of sometimes up to an ounce a day, so I'm a bit worried about the withdrawal when I quit in a couple weeks.

However, usually on my off days I just experience some lethargy and depression and I try to go without dosing 2-3 days a week to lessen the addiction.

I should probably mention for reference that a month ago I went 5 full days in a row without dosing and most WD symptoms were over after the first 3 days with a little depression left on day 5 before I dosed on day 6.

So even though my addiction is PROBABLY somewhat worse now than it was then I'm ASSUMING that the intensity of my withdrawal symptoms shouldn't be WAY worse than they were then right??

As it stands my plan is leaving myself 10 full days of no Kratom usage before I have to go back to work on September 1st.

So my question is, even with my high doses and dosing frequency, do you think that enough of my withdrawal symptoms should be gone after 10 FULL days without Kratom that I should be able to work without it interfering too greatly (and sleep well enough the night before...after all I've never experienced insomnia but some people say it can happen...)????

My job is also not manual labor...I tutor English....usually 4-7 hours a day MAX.

Also, my first couple weeks of work will be VERY light and my first day (which would be 11 days after my last dose if I do it that way) is really just an orientation.

If I quit on the schedule I'm thinking about it will be actually be 15 Full days without Kratom before I ACTUALLY have to work other than the one orientation I just have to sit there and listen to with very little if any participation on my part.

So does it sound to you like the Bulk of my withdrawal symptoms should be gone by 10 days before my orientation and 15 days before my actual first work day??

Or do you think it's REALLY essential I quit even MORE than 10 days before that orientation (15 days before REAL work)???

(Also, I am prescribed Klonopin so that could potentially help with WD and I take that about 5 days a week and have enough to take it whenever I want)

I'm thinking I should probably be ok by 10 full days after my last dosage right???

I'd start tapering your dosages now, so when you hop off with those 10 days of cold turkey, you're already starting from a lower level of addiction. I think if you do some tapering now, and then 10 days of cold turkey you should be feeling pretty baseline for work.

Make a taper plan now, like maybe 1 gram less each and every day, and stick too it.

I'd start tapering your dosages now, so when you hop off with those 10 days of cold turkey, you're already starting from a lower level of addiction. I think if you do some tapering now, and then 10 days of cold turkey you should be feeling pretty baseline for work.

Make a taper plan now, like maybe 1 gram less each and every day, and stick too it.

Naw man.

I'm just quitting cold turkey.

I mean it shouldn't be THAT bad right??

Not for someone who's never used everyday, I think the fact that I go a few days without every week has my body less addicted than if I used everyday.

I mean I'm not as addicted as many other people because I don't use everyday.

If I was able to go 5 days without last month then I don't see why it should be that much harder now.

Plus, if I quit cold turkey then even though it will feel worse it should take less time to get over right??

I mean everyone so far has said that it's always just the first few days that is that bad and recently I've gone 2 days in a row without and it's not THAT bad so how much worse would it get??

I don't even have enough Kratom to do much of a taper anyways.

I think for me it's better just quitting all at once and dealing with it right away.

But what were the "PAWS symptoms" you were talking about that can last past a week??

I mean even just 10 days of cold turkey don't you think I should be fine for work at that point??

Plus like I said, it's more like 15 days of no Kratom before REAL work and just an orientation I have to go to for a few hours after 10 days.

Last edited:
I mean I just have a hard time believing that I could still feel like shit so badly I wouldn't be able to work 10 full days after quitting Kratom.

And what's the reason not to quit cold turkey, just because you think you'll feel worse if you don't??

I mean what's the worst Kratom withdrawals can really get if you mostly used 4-5 days a week (even at large doses??)

One guy said he got insomnia but i don't think I'd be at that point because if so I how would I be able to go 2 days in a row without dosing (which I did like 10 days ago) and still manage to sleep fine??

So I'm guessing it would just be lethargy and depression and maybe some sniffles and aches and shit like that.

I just don't see myself needing a taper for that.

It's not like Kratom withdrawal can kill you like benzo withdrawal and or alcoholic withdrawal and I've never heard anyone say Kratom withdrawal is as bad as Heroin withdrawal either.

Recently a girl on Reddit's "qutting Kratom forum" said usually most withdrawal symptoms are gone about 7 days of abstainence and that few would last longer than 14 days.

So 10 days seems enough time before an orientation with it being an actual 15 days till I really have to work.

I could definitely see insomnia being an issue. However, I could see myself eventually getting so tired of not sleeping and tweaking out that I'd pass out in the middle of the day or something.

I could definitely see insomnia being an issue. However, I could see myself eventually getting so tired of not sleeping and tweaking out that I'd pass out in the middle of the day or something.

I don't think I'll get insomnia.

I've never gotten it before and so I'm going to believe I won't get it this time.

And even if somehow I did I don't see how it could lost longer than 10 days.

Im a newbie to kratom although I have done many drugs in my life. I bought some kratom pills over the internet from a trusted site but still not sure if this is the best way to ingest it. Is this way ok or should I look into getting extract and making a tea like I keep reading about?

I don't think I'll get insomnia.

I've never gotten it before and so I'm going to believe I won't get it this time.

And even if somehow I did I don't see how it could lost longer than 10 days.

A ounce a day 4-5 times a week is a pretty heavy habit. Kratom withdrawals aren't as bad as heroin in the sense that you won't be puking your guts out but the depression, lethargy, rls, and chills and fatigue can be just as bad. Also, kratom has many alkaloids, so you are coming off and withdrawaling from multiple different alkaloids. A lot of people think that the depression aspect of kratom withdrawal is worse or lasts longer then traditional opiates.

Honestly i can't be 100% sure how you will feel 10-15 days after cold turkey. You may feel fine, or you may have nasty lingering paws like depression, fatigue and insomnia.

That's why i recommemd you taper before jumping, because it will make the cold turkey and resulting paws much easier to deal with.

Im a newbie to kratom although I have done many drugs in my life. I bought some kratom pills over the internet from a trusted site but still not sure if this is the best way to ingest it. Is this way ok or should I look into getting extract and making a tea like I keep reading about?

Imo pills are great so you don't have to toss&wash. I always have to gag as soon as I smell the kratom, so pills are great.
But imo it's cheaper to just buy powdered kratom and a few 00 caps

Imo pills are great so you don't have to toss&wash. I always have to gag as soon as I smell the kratom, so pills are great.
But imo it's cheaper to just buy powdered kratom and a few 00 caps

Do you know roughly how much powder you can get in a 00? I was thinking about capping my Kratom but I don't have an accurate scale (I need to get one of those).

A ounce a day 4-5 times a week is a pretty heavy habit. Kratom withdrawals aren't as bad as heroin in the sense that you won't be puking your guts out but the depression, lethargy, rls, and chills and fatigue can be just as bad. Also, kratom has many alkaloids, so you are coming off and withdrawaling from multiple different alkaloids. A lot of people think that the depression aspect of kratom withdrawal is worse or lasts longer then traditional opiates.

Honestly i can't be 100% sure how you will feel 10-15 days after cold turkey. You may feel fine, or you may have nasty lingering paws like depression, fatigue and insomnia.

That's why i recommemd you taper before jumping, because it will make the cold turkey and resulting paws much easier to deal with.

I honestly don't even really have enough Kratom to do a proper taper and no money to buy more now.

I probably only have 3 ounces or less so any taper would be pretty weak.

I personally don't think it will be that bad for me.

Let me ask you a question: when do most people experience most of their worst withdrawals??

Isn't it usually within the first week??

So I went 5 days in a row last month and it wasn't that bad so why should it be THAT much worse this time??

Wouldn't the WORST of the WD usually be over by 5 days, let alone 10 or 15??

i just don't see how it could last that long.

Like today I haven't taken any and I just feel depressed and a little tired.

I've never experienced insomnia yet.

It just doesn't make sense to me how I could have done 5 days just fine last month but now even 15 days would make me PHYSICALLY INCAPABLE of working.

I tend to imagine that by day 10 it will be nothing but a little depression and by day 15 almost nothing, but that's just based on my body and how I've responded so far.

Maybe I tend to overestimate how important it is that I often completely skip dosing at all 2-3 days a week but it just seems to make like if I were dosing those extra 2-3 days my withdrawal and addiction would be WAY worse than with the fact that I'm not.

But the question about how long it takes to get over the bulk of the worst effects is still my most important one, and if they are likely to be over by day 11 without and even more so by day 16 then I don't think I have much to worry about.

Do you know roughly how much powder you can get in a 00? I was thinking about capping my Kratom but I don't have an accurate scale (I need to get one of those).
00 capsules can hold on average about 400-500 mg of Kratom powder when filled completely so I ordered some 000 this time (largest available). I'll see how that goes. I manually fill my cap and it's a real pain to make so many