• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Dosage and Methods of Administration

IV ket is a bad idea, as you can start to khole before you can get the needle out of your arm.

ive seen this happen before to a BLer actually (some of you may know who im talking about, our favorite K-tarded one=D).
i was going to sleep in my room when i heard a loud thump like something heavy had fallen.
I come out into the living room only to find him on the ground, tourniquet still tied on and needle still in arm with blood dripping out.
Not a pretty scene.
On the plus side IV doesnt last to long.

My prefered ROA is IM. Its very smooth and its much easier to get the whole dose in at once as opposed to snorting it.

I have yet to try IV but i think i will be getting around to that shortly. From everything ive heard, it sounds incredible, though i think more ppl still prefer IM.

To me it sounds like they give 2 different effects almost. (and i cant wait to experience both of them)

I prefer IM (or SC) much more over IV. IV ketamine just has a real nasty and dirty feel to it.

IV DPT on the other hand... =D

IV K is sort of like nitrous in a needle, followed by being propelled into the deepest nether regions of K-space, where time,space,causality,and identity cease to have any meaning. It can be fun, but can also be terrifying...hands down one of the most disturbing psychedelic experiences I've ever had was IV'ing K (Delsyd you will recall)...I felt as if my consciousness was being dissected by alien entities...then I realized that those alien entities were my consciusness...which in turn was being dissected by alien entities...which in turn were me...recursively and self-referentially as I fell away into black ... and this was on a very low dose!!!!

IM K is a lot like snorting but it is a more efficient ,smoother, and accurate way of getting the substance into your body. To get a perfect K hole it's probably the best way to go. A large needle like 1"/22g is preferable to an insulin rig, which is more likely to wind up dosing you subQ, which is not too different from IM, but just different enough...

inject in the bathroom of the bus and immediately open the door and sit back in my seat before being rendered semi-unconscious

my own heart. you're a man after it*

*in the spirit of harm reduction, plz do as I say, not as the OP & I do

It'd be IM as I have a bit oif a needle phobia (honest!) and the sight of a needle entering flesh makes me queasy quite a bit. For IM, you don't have to look at the injection site, just make sure it's been swabbed with alcohol.

Probably not the best thing to admit to, but I've IMed ketamine to deal with long bus journeys - simply into the top of your arse (after a quick alcohol wipe) so no need to go into a bus toilet, get the MP3 player ready to go then away we go. Of course these aren't full on holing doses, more like about 2/3rds of what you'd take for a hole. You only have to hope that the local nutter doesn't come and sit next to you and start babbling at you as there's fuck all you can do...

^ of course you should aspirate the needle a bit to make sure you are not in a vein or artery

I'm also surprised nobody pointed out that 100-150mg of ketamine IV is a HUGE DOSE. You should start if you're going to experiment with this, 10-25mg range.

Last edited:
Probably not the best thing to admit to, but I've IMed ketamine to deal with long bus journeys - fastandbulbous

Glad I'm not the only one who's done it :) And you have to admit, it sure makes the bus ride more interesting. ;)

And IV'ing on the back of a bus? Seriously? Are you really that irresponsible? - Prea

Yes.

or at least I was a few years ago. I'll point out that I've had hudreds of IV K trips and I have fairly predictable responses each time. And the nature of my psychological addiction to Ketamine at the time was such that I just couldn't wait ONE. MINUTE. LONGER! to enter that strange alien space. So I had the two sober friends that were with me, keep me propped up so I wouldn't fall into aisle. Irresponsible? Absolutely!
Anyhow, I prefer the IV route by far. I find it takes me to space where, as Somekindalove so eloquently put it,
time,space,causality,and identity cease to have any meaning

The IM route does this for me, but to a lesser extent. Dose anyone here reach a state with IM, where the very concept of existence is completely alien? I always seem to hold onto some shred of identity with IM injection that IV completely washes away.

100-150mg of ketamine IV is a HUGE DOSE. You should start if you're going to experiment with this, 10-25mg range.

Yeah I'm in no way saying that 100mg is a good starting IV dose...I think this will cause either total anaesthesia or close, in many people if they are not tolerant to K, and I certainly had no control over my body at this dose. I worked up slowly over many injections to find a dose I was comfortble with.

well i'ved done IV K outta sheer desperation (too little k left) and i always hated doing it, it's a bit too extreme and brainmixingmasing'ish for me. i'd never recommend it to anyone....

but IM .... anytime anywhere..literally anywhere but if outside never in too high doses (allthough i can handle my k pretty well) ... the 'comeup'ish' after the im is soooo sweeet <3

My leg is extremely soar after a week i IMed k what happened?????

It's quite common for the injection site to be painful after IM'ing ketamine....or at least everyone I've done it with has had that experience. Was it from a medical ampule or powder that you dissolved? I wouldn't IM unless it's from an ampule, or if you know for sure that the powder is pure and you can filter it carefully. But even from a medical ampule it still gives me a sore injection site for a few days..

Do you find you are using more K with IV relative to a similar IM dosage experience? - omik

I find I need much less K to reach anaesthesia so if I want to trip and not just be unconscious then I have to be careful....but when I IV I do it repeatedly to return to that state and I actually end up using more than I would if I were doing IM trips. I find the window between an adequate trip and unconsciousness is much smaller when IV'ing. On the plus side, if I aim too high I just go into a semi-sleep for a few minutes and trip as I come out of it.

I've been totally disintergrated metally from IM use quite a few times. Even took to calling k-holing a state of n'existe pas!

Only iffy time I've had with omnibus ketamining was the first time I got some S isomer ketamine; think I may have made the odd sound that worried fellow passengers, but no stripping naked then running loose upstairs on the bus (well not to date! =D). As regards checking I haven't hit a vein, I use those quarter inch insulin syringes, so not much danger... anyway have you seen the size of my arse? I'd need a 1" 18guage needle to find a vein! =D

iv k rocks if the k is clean. ive gotten dirty k that didnt immediately dissolve in the water and it had a very unclean feeling to it even though i did get high. i prefer iv to any other roa with k. fast and hard just be VERY careful about dose

It's quite common for the injection site to be painful after IM'ing ketamine....or at least everyone I've done it with has had that experience. Was it from a medical ampule or powder that you dissolved? I wouldn't IM unless it's from an ampule, or if you know for sure that the powder is pure and you can filter it carefully. But even from a medical ampule it still gives me a sore injection site for a few days..
ya it was an ampule
its been over a week and my injection site is still very soar...

^ Did you swab the injection site with alcohol before injecting? It's just there are organisms called opportune pathogens that live on the skin, nasal & oral cavities etc. Perfectly OK if just on the surface, but can become pathogenic if they get past the skin barrier (Staphlococcus aureus - some strains of which are the organisms behind MRSA) is a perfect example

^ IV = intravenous: in a vein. IM = intramuscular: in a muscle. SC = subcutaneous: skin pop :)

I think of IV and IM ketamine as almost different drugs. IM is much like sniffing for me only smoother. IV I find much more lucid and controllable - quite stimulating almost at the right dose. I also get the delayed onset - I usually have time to put the pins and stuff away and get comfy before the helicopters get too loud and whisk me off to Wonkland =D

I find it much easier to control than other MOA too - I can guide it much more than with IM or nasal and remain more lucid throughout - even at fairly high doses. Of course being in control is not always the desired result...

I like 'em both for different reasons. I do have a great fondness for the IV route for most anything though so would choose that if it were a choice I had to make.

PS: I am now sorely tempted to have a shot of ket =D

Last edited:
^ Did you swab the injection site with alcohol before injecting? It's just there are organisms called opportune pathogens that live on the skin, nasal & oral cavities etc. Perfectly OK if just on the surface, but can become pathogenic if they get past the skin barrier (Staphlococcus aureus - some strains of which are the organisms behind MRSA) is a perfect example
ya i did
do u have to swap brand new needles or r they sterile
is doing expired k ok?

brand new needles are sterile, do not swab them. You only risk the chance of catching one of those little cotton fibers on the pin. Swab the injection site.

And doing expired K is fine.

i sometimes get the soreness for a day or two, i just take it as part of the territory when IMing K.

I IM'd K for the first time about two weeks ago. My leg felt funny for a day or two afterwords.

About a week and a half later (4 days ago) I use a sterile syringe, with a slightly leaning needle to IM about 45mg. Doesn't hurt or swell for about two days. But now, I have a bump about one and half inchs wide which is protruding/swelling from where I shot myself in my right thigh muscle. It's not red and I notice no skin with strange colors. This past time I did not use alcohol, as I forgot. I also stopped taking AMOXICILLIN about a day and a half ago, as I was sick with a cough and some other shit...

This soreness is starting to worry me...sorry to bring back such an old thread. I figured there was no need to start a new thread as this thread already contained some questions about sore IM injection sites.

My question is, if the severity of the reaction continues for two more days what should I specifically do? Or who should I talk to?

Anyone been here? Plz & Thx!!!