• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Dosage and Methods of Administration

But, this is the problem with k your tolerance wont disappear. I don't advise IV'ing, I think your done with k and should just leave it alone. Save it for some special times when you could get lucky and your tolerance has went down slightly.
Who puts k in 00 capsules by the way, is that common where you are? I would never eat the stuff, too wasteful for my liking and nothing beats crushing your k and railing it!

edit: I wish I could find the link, I remember a DEA press release from about 4 years ago where they caught this licensed pharmacy in Denver importing a large drum of ketamine and making bottles of 500mg capsules of it! The article showed the pictures of the drums and ketamine capsules and the bottles of ketamine capsules that were LOL correctly labeled!!!! Wonder what those guys were thinking!

Interesting... never knew K had permatolerance. Yeah I could do without that stuff anyway, almost wrecked my life with it.

I put it in capsules myself. I had some boxes of vials at one time and I evaporated them all at once. The capsules were just convenient way to carry it around, then pop them open and take a huge sniff 8). Anyway if you have a basically unlimited amount of it (its pretty easy and relatively cheap to get in the right place and time... around 1$ a 500mg vial at that time), oral administration can be great! For some reason though, after several days of successful oral administration, it began to give me abdominal cramping every time I took some, so I had to give up on that route.

Last edited:
Yes I think oral dosing can actually be worse since more might be converted to norketamine before you expell the compounds. Plus the doses are significantly higher. It's a myth though that it matters whether you insufflate or inject: both are parenteral routes.

I've been on k for about 4 years now but have recently dropped my usage dramatically , but I haven't stopped k for more than 4 days in these last 2 to 3 years other then a one month break this past december. Ive never come across any1 orally taking k . It tastes dirty and I would think it wouldn't help your stomach/kidney . A lot of friends had kidney stones and surgery done to their stomach cause of heavy abuse . Orally jus seems like it would speed up that process? My friends were up to full v shots that's .4 a bump and ball to quarts minimum a day. FYI

That's some serious abuse indeed. And yes for the reason I mentioned above oral dosing would be counterproductive, there really isn't a reason to do it - with or without heavy tolerance. Maybe interesting to try just the one time but my prediction is that you would not find it particularly good (maybe a stronger body high) but not worth the probably dirtier feeling and the waste of material due to the large doses needed (like 3-4 times!).

Instead, I'd say intramuscular administration is the opposite: it is even less waste of material than snorting it, feels cleaner, because less is needed there is automatically also less harm done to your internal organs. But of course proper IM technique is essential!

Still I would not say I recommend you or your friends doing this, it does not seem to increase cravings or addiction potential as far as I can tell but decreasing the discomfort may not be what your friends need. I'm not sure what they DO need though, if you get surgery and still continue abusing there is some hardcore therapy needed that I cannot even begin to fathom.

For me, i can snort about a dub (.2) of decent k and still not k hole. Ive found mixing it with dxm intensifies it greatly if used on the peak of the dxm. Id also recommend mxe from a reliable vendor.

Be careful what you wish for. If you want to keep the dissociative effects going strongly by switching to a more potent drug like methoxetamine it is worth watching out for the DARI effects. As you get more tolerant to the dissociative effects, the same would not be equally true for the DARI action. If you push beyond that anyway you risk manic episodes, similar to what PCP is notorious for.
Just... be careful. I know saying 'stop' is not harm reduction but often futile attempt at harm elimination but in this case I would take reduced response to K as a sign to back off.

Redosing ketamine. Bad idea?

I read in a Ketamine FAQ that:

"In general, boosting is not adequate and it does not seem worthwhile to boost the original dose more than ten minutes after initial dose."

I was gonna try K for the first time and I am always careful when dosing so my plan was to take 125mg orally and wait 30 minutes and take more if it isn't enough. But after reading the text above I am hesitating.

What do you experienced Ketmine-users say, is it a bad idea/waste of K to redose or is the FAQ overexaggerating?

well, all i have to say is 125mg is too much for a first time dose if you have quality. since there will always be time to take an additional dose, start with less. less is more. and that goes for methoxetamine also.

I read in a Ketamine FAQ that:

"In general, boosting is not adequate and it does not seem worthwhile to boost the original dose more than ten minutes after initial dose."

I was gonna try K for the first time and I am always careful when dosing so my plan was to take 125mg orally and wait 30 minutes and take more if it isn't enough. But after reading the text above I am hesitating.

What do you experienced Ketmine-users say, is it a bad idea/waste of K to redose or is the FAQ overexaggerating?

curious as to why you are choosing oral administration? it'll be a much more sedating/less trippy effect and takes much more to feel it. its metabolized wholly to norketamine if remember right

Some people like Ketamine orally, but I have to agree, insufflation (snorting), plugging or IM are superior ROA's by far in my experience - that said, the OP might know that Ketamine is an irritant and be worried about their nose? One issue with oral dosing you may notice is it's quite nauseating and not so pleasant.

Redosing with Ketamine is fine, just know when to stop - but since it's so short, you'd have to redose pretty fast with oral consumption, a bump or two up the nose would work great though, but keep it to very small doses as it kicks in fast and by doing tiny bumps you can slowly build up to the level you want without going too far. :)

I have never had any problems with redosing when snorting Ketamine (reading that back, the fact that I redose so much with Ketamine is a problem in itself, but not what the OP is asking ;))

Also, if it's your first time, check out the First Time Ketamine Thread :)

Since your question is answered, and since this belongs there anyway, I'm going to merge this with the Ketamine Dosage and Methods of Administration thread.

Edit: Merged.

Last edited:
IM injection VS Intranasal Ketamine

I was curious as to how the effects of ketamine would differ when IM'ing rather then snorting it. I just recently witnessed a good buddy of mine IM and when he came "to" he told me about some amazing place he went to that was in some star system in another galaxy....lets just say it was OUTTHERE. Now ive been in my fair share of k holes but nothing that I experienced could compare to the intensity and the realness of what my buddy was describing to me. So basically im wondering if the only reason he got that far out was because when injecting the BA is around 100% and snorting is less? Are you able to reach that state by just doing alot more up your nose or is injecting just a whole diff ball game. I mean im pretty sure when it comes to heroin theres no way to get that feeling of an IV with any amount of snorting, rite? Thanks for any feedback.

Merged :)

That sounds like a typical K hole to me really, not something specific to IM, but IM is more potent so you could definitely get further with a similar amount. Start low of course though.

If you want to read about IM itself without the comparison, see: here :)

I believe BA of IM is 98%~ while IV is like 99%~

You get a lot further with a lot less material when IMing, and it's also a much better quality dissociated feeling. Much cleaner. I don't believe any nor-ketamine is made when IMing or IVing, so that would explain this.

It does sound like your buddy kholed. The first time I IMd I did 100mg and had a similar experience. I now use IM as my RoA 90% of time for MXE and Ketamine.

Hey - this might be the right place for this ? SWIM usually encounters k in crystalline form, obviously baked from the liquid. Recently, SWIM has encountered a lot of powdered white ketamine. It seems to have the same effects - what's the deal with this powder? why powder instead of crystals?

Since this topic doesn't need bumping, just adding this in with an edit - no SWIMming here at Bluelight, it doesn't protect you and makes your posts harder to read. Thanks ~Jesusgreen

Last edited by a moderator:
Is nasal ketamine safest?

I typically take my drugs orally as I enjoy the long lasting smooth high and no nasal burn, but I heard that ketamine is more toxic taken orally, any truth to that? Either way what do you guys prefer? oral or nasal, no IM/IV