• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Dosage and Methods of Administration

Still, I think IV is pretty dangerous because of the fast onset, and because of the stigma of it being IV. I'm interested in trying IM ketamine, because it sounds like a better experience than nasal: cleaner, less wasteful. Also because my nose has take quite a beating from snorting K. But I don't think I'll ever IV inject ketamine just because then I would be IV injecting a drug. Then it'd a lot smaller step (for me atleast) to start slamming coke and speed.

I also believe, for the sake of harm reduction, you shouldn't encourage others to IV drugs, especially people that never IV'd before.

I think IV is pretty dangerous because of the fast onset, and because of the stigma of it being IV

You believe the "stigma" makes it dangerous? Niiiiice.....
IV administration is theoretically safer than IM could ever be.

Junglistvibe said:
Still, I think IV is pretty dangerous because of the fast onset, and because of the stigma of it being IV. I'm interested in trying IM ketamine, because it sounds like a better experience than nasal: cleaner, less wasteful. Also because my nose has take quite a beating from snorting K. But I don't think I'll ever IV inject ketamine just because then I would be IV injecting a drug. Then it'd a lot smaller step (for me atleast) to start slamming coke and speed.

I also believe, for the sake of harm reduction, you shouldn't encourage others to IV drugs, especially people that never IV'd before.

you are missinformed. as long as you follow proper safety for IV it is the safest way to admisiter a drug.

also, as I amthe only one who has posted here who hasd IVed ketamine and IMed it I think what I say has ALOT moren weight thenthose who have read/herd yet have only tooted it them selves.

almost everyone I know who IV's says it the best way.

Wow, a lot of bad advice/unsafe crap here.

If you have clean ketamine crystals (as in, uncontaminated with cuts/other crap), you can dissolve it in distilled water, push it through a 0.2 micron filter into a container or other syringe to sterilize it, and then inject. You can very easily get 100mg or more of ketamine per mL of water. I'd push a little water through the filter before starting, and then another 0.5mL or so to flush the remaining drugs out.

Do NOT IM unsterile drug solutions. You may get by a few times, or a lot, but eventually you will pay for it. Microwaving water for a bit is not sterilizing anything.

you are missinformed. as long as you follow proper safety for IV it is the safest way to admisiter a drug.

If you follow 'proper' safety instructions ie aseptic preparation & technique, then IM is a hell of a lot safer than IV as there's less chance of fatal inhibition of essential autonomic functions etc. IM is only more dangerous if you don't rigidly adhere to aseptic proceedure

fizzacyst said:
Wow, a lot of bad advice/unsafe crap here.

If you have clean ketamine crystals (as in, uncontaminated with cuts/other crap), you can dissolve it in distilled water, push it through a 0.2 micron filter into a container or other syringe to sterilize it, and then inject. You can very easily get 100mg or more of ketamine per mL of water. I'd push a little water through the filter before starting, and then another 0.5mL or so to flush the remaining drugs out.

Do NOT IM unsterile drug solutions. You may get by a few times, or a lot, but eventually you will pay for it. Microwaving water for a bit is not sterilizing anything.

Thanks, my bullshit barometer was at a fairly high reading. I'm still not sure I'll even go through with it, maybe just a one time thing. The ketamine's 100% pure, and I'm well versed in sterile procedure (mycology experience, gf's a tattoo artist so I have use of an autoclave if need be as well).

fastandbulbous said:
If you follow 'proper' safety instructions ie aseptic preparation & technique, then IM is a hell of a lot safer than IV as there's less chance of fatal inhibition of essential autonomic functions etc. IM is only more dangerous if you don't rigidly adhere to aseptic proceedure

Thank you for clearing this up, I don't think I would ever IV any drug, just not my forte really. IM sparked my interest because of it's relative safety (or so I had presumed before being confronted with the realities presented here). I have never spiked before, and will have to read up quite a bit on the safe procedures of enduring such a process. I'll most likely have my lady help out, seeing as how she's got medical knowledge and a steady hand.

Are the micron's for filtering out any bacteria/nasties in the chemical itself?

2c-buoyant said:
IM sparked my interest because of it's relative safety

f&b said:
IM is only more dangerous if you don't rigidly adhere to aseptic proceedure

Respected, but that is a very, very, very big if. With regards to injecting things such as pills and street heroin,etc. where you cannot be certain of purity, contaminents, cuts and so on, I'd IV over IM any day, contrary to the conventional wisdom on the subject. Ketamine is a different animal, perhaps, if you are totally sure that your gear is pure, but only perhaps. I hesitate suggesting IV use of anything, or really anything involving needles, but there is a very good chance that it is, in fact, safer than IM use, which with anything less than pharmaceutical-grade purity is just asking for an abscess. A wheel filter is a good sugestion.

do not IM unless you have sterile solution, wheel filter, and enough needles to do it safely (realize you'll need at least two syringes, one to setup the amount of liquid/filter and another for the actual injection).

SomeKindaLove said:
Respected, but that is a very, very, very big if. With regards to injecting things such as pills and street heroin,etc. where you cannot be certain of purity, contaminents, cuts and so on, I'd IV over IM any day, contrary to the conventional wisdom on the subject. Ketamine is a different animal, perhaps, if you are totally sure that your gear is pure, but only perhaps. I hesitate suggesting IV use of anything, or really anything involving needles, but there is a very good chance that it is, in fact, safer than IM use, which with anything less than pharmaceutical-grade purity is just asking for an abscess. A wheel filter is a good sugestion.

Purity is top. It's Anaket labs, prolly around 99%, direct from the philippines. Since their's no way for me to judge this to be true (although I'm 99% sure it is, since I've tasted the stuff and god damn), I think I'll wait until some ampoules find their way into my hands before attempting any kind of injection. The threat of an abscess literally scares the bijesus out of me. Thanks for all the helpful replies!

ANAKET is the S(+) isomer of Ketamine. It is not the racemic form (a 1:1 mixture of the R[-] and S[+] isomers) that we are used to. The S(+) isomer has been attributed more to the psychedelic effects. So what you got is even better than the K that we are all used to (or at least I have heard...I have never done the S[+] isomer alone but people say it's better and you don't need as high of a dose)

So with this ANAKET, I would dose lower than you would with racemic ketamine...your "perfect dose" will probably be significantly lower than with most K.

For the safest injection, I would definitely use a .22 micron filter and sterile water to draw the solution up. And also use alcohol wipes on the injection site....be as clean as possible. I would also heat the solution up to kill bacteria (or sometimes to dissolve the compound better)...I wouldn't boil it (as if you were cooking up black tar heroin), but just get it hot, I would recommend.

Also know your source. If it's been cooked straight from the Anaket vials, the product should be pretty sterile unless someone cut it.

As long as you muscle it slowly and correctly, and your solution is near to completely sterile, an abscess is not likely. But I agree with what some people have said -- I wouldn't risk it, personally, since I would just try to procure a vial instead (even though the risk would not be very great...especially if you only did it one time).

On the other hand, I have IM'ed DPT HCl powder multiple times with no problems...so this would basically be like doing the same thing, just a different compound. The ketamine you have is most likely cleaner (at least by a little bit) than most DPT HCl bought off the internet. The first few times, I just used cotton as a filter and it worked fine, no abscess. People IM powdered DPT all the time. So basically, I've taken the risks....but not with ketamine, because I don't HAVE to take a risk with K (why take a risk when they make it in medical vials?). DPT would never come in a sterile vial/solution....so if you want to IM DPT...that's the only way to do it. You know what I'm saying, right?

If I'm wrong about ANY of this info...someone PLEASE correct me, because I don't want to be giving out info that is not accurate. It's accurate to MY knowledge.

Last edited:
I wondered why it was so good! Fuckin' A!

Probably be stocking up like hell before he loses his connection.

bleh S isomer!

racemic ftw!

psilocybnaut, why would you take the risks with DPT? Whynot use a wheel filter on it?

^Compare and contrast, if you'd be so kind? I've only ever had the kind I I've had (s isomer?), what's the difference subjectively?

In my limited experience of S, it was massively smaller doses and less general fuckedness, more flying through spaceness.

psilocybnaut, why would you take the risks with DPT? Whynot use a wheel filter on it?
At the time, I was used to prepping heroin and coke for IV injection...so I just did it the same way, with cotton. At the time I didn't even know what a wheel filter was. I wouldn't take the risks anymore, but I was saying that I have and did.

Supposedly the S(+) isomer is more the psychedelic effects, and the R(-) isomer is more the physical effects (I've never heard of any brand that makes only the R[-] isomer). I think that the S(+) isomer would be more smoothly psychedelic than most vials, and there would be less physical effects (like nausea, dizziness, loss of motor skill) than with racemic K. So the experience might be quite a bit smoother and more recreational, I am not 100% sure...I just know that most people like the S(+) better than the racemate. I also am pretty sure that the "right" dose of the S(+) isomer is significantly less than the "right" dose of the racemic mixture.

But hell, I love racemic K. I have never tried the S(+) alone, so those are assumptions. I'm SURE that someone on this board could compare and contrast between the racemate and the S(+) isomer. Someone come forward and share!

And yes, and if you do it, dissolve it in saline.

Last edited:
fyi, I have apretty nasty absess in my left elbo joint form banging dope that I didnt filter.

woops. I'll watch it and see if my body some how fixes it. right now it feels liek abruced lump in the muscel

i had the chance of trying Rket and Sket.. had two separate batches i was testing.

the R was more physical and i had a more pronounced feeling of chaos and loss of control/drunkeness. i puked on the racemic. snorted 150 mg's. i wouldn't call what i felt psychedelic, but elements of a psychedelic trip where present.

snorted 75 mg of sket, it felt more refreshing/cleaner. shorter, but imo more enjoyable because it did not have heavy presence of drunkeness to it.

ketamine to my brain was like a diskfrag. think i would like an im rather than killing my nose.. i have a bit left so may experiment.