• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ethnobotanicals Kava extract (wow)

the kratom shots?

I think their powder kratom is decent but not the best, have some right now

but yeah man these pills are legit

Took 2 of them 5 hours ago and I'm still high, very relaxed and a bit sleepy. Muscle relaxation is present but not nearly as much as a benzo
I dunno , the OPMS black kratom extract pills are really strong, I’m talking can take care of a large heroin habit with 2-3 of them, they supposedly 134mg of the mitrygnine and like 2mg 7-OH but still, surprisingly strong

Did you taste the powder that was in the capsules @Negentropic? Interested as to how utterly disgusting it is compared to the powdered root.

Edit: just saw your post saying it's tasteless! Wow that's straaange. I'm very interested in trying them.

Idk man, if I paid extra could I get some liver damage? I feel like it would help to counter the whole placebo effect thing.
If kava was actually just placebo, we would not see the members we do, in this thread and others, proclaiming appreciation for it's unique effects.

Problem is the ingestion!

Myself included. I have taken drugs. I do. The most potent on globe.

I also have serious allergy problems whatever I ingest besides plain water, in some big shape.

Kava is tolerable, manageable allergenically. Only 5 psychoactives in all are for me, including balck coffee (one now).

So, one sure thing, my allergy or respiratory symptoms induced by kava are not placebo, not nice. Not something I would ever choose to put up with, for nothing.

Part of me wishes Kava was just placebo because then I could just save myself the extra allergy hassle to get the affects which save me from going insane on a daily basis personally.

So it's just not placebo, kava. Misinfo there.

Some people, don't notice it enough. Others a lot more. So individual brain/body chemistry seems to cause inadequate effects for some.

Others make no effort to understand the medicine, see the flashy capsules in Walmart, dud as dud no research or use of proper kava and conclude kava is ineffective.

Also, reverse tolerance is true for again some not everybody.

Some people DO actually have to drink daily for 7-10, 14 max days, before they feel an effect, which is then kava's full effects.

So these need to be considered by people who have tried kava and made a decision it does not work in case this has not been.

Because I can appreciate why people like you have done, express that. But it's not true, per se.

I weighed 50 grams Solomon Kava. My day's drug taking is just got going.

I took 5 mg's Etizolam after 20 hours no benzos, and light dosing this week too.

Long held off dose there.

Vaped 3 large hits fantastic weed. Was enough for while too.

Coffee.

Then, that 50 grams kava. Is going to be as noticeable, impactful a buzz and high, as the cannabis will be for me today, on the whole.

Lots strong weed too, edibles + vapor.

Kava is different ofc but there is a lot of drug in that jar waiting there. Lots of very good effect.

But then, I don't feel kava would work for me, alone.

It is complemented and completed by the cannabis psychedelia, and Etiz euphoria.

So there is that. Many people drink only kava though. I feel it probably could work it will just take getting into the system and routine and getting used to it because your consciousness would experience the plant very differently like that because it is a subtle plant psychedelic which we can listen to they say it.

I'm not there yet!

But to just actually answe your question @tweakerguy I don't recommend you or anybody pays extra for liver damage.

Nor conversely accepts money for it.

But people do ironically pay for their own liver damage frequently in more ways than one.

I truly do love this stuff I wish it wasn't so expensive, or at least I want to find out what type of extract it is so I know what type of kava I should look for
If I was US I'd just shop the field a bit.

Kava cultivars vary much more than diff weed strains.

Some are foul, disagreeable effects, others LIKE those ones.

So there is more individual fickleness but also much greater variation between the different cultivars.

Kavatime would be my shop. Savusavu. And their rest.

Because no way OPMS gonna divulge a hint what which where the extract came from. Could be wrong ofc.

If you do find such detail please tell though lol. 🙂

I really want to go to a bar!! Just so I can try legit good professionally prepared kava and get the true experience to judge. The one in my city closed down during the pandemic and the next closest is a 2hr drive :(
That sux, I've never been to one, always wanted to

I just found out accidentally that citrus masks a good deal of kava's taste - I had no more purified water and just poured the kava in a pre-made orange drink (from sugar-free concentrate but more sweet and acidic than regular orange juice) and given that I drank it unfiltered, it was surprisingly acceptable. Maybe an acetone or alcohol extract together with citrus flavor will do it.

Really nobody a clue about their tek? Or in general how to extract kava, which solvent etc?

That powder looks extremely close to the kavalactone paste offered for a hell of a lot less than the OPK stuff.

Yeah, I know this stuff is a bit of a rip off (although oddly its cheaper in the shop I buy at than most of the online retailers for some reason?). I wonder what makes this a dry powder and not a paste?

but anyways, this product is a real mystery to me... I've definitely developed a tolerance to it now, after 2 weeks or so... I thought that wasn't supposed to happen with kava? I took 2 pills yesterday and it felt like only 1

If there WAS an RC in here, any ideas? I know for a fact it's not benzo RC, I would identify that immediately

it feels natural, not synthetic, just like I would imagine good kava to feel like

/shrug

It’s nice to have someone like Autotripper explain the facts about Kava. There’s a reason why it’s been used for thousands of years. Because a proper brew works very well. I think with all Kratom and kava, for me, the plain powder works best. I actually never had a kratom extract or a kava extract that I liked. And I am going to make it a point to never try OP M S. For some reason that annoys me when I see it in my corner convenience store for way too much money when plain powder has always work the best for me. (I am all for keeping these things legal, but I’m also a big proponent of the over 18 laws. They always made the most sense to me and I don’t think these things should be sold in the corner store)

But I don’t doubt this kava extract can pack a nice punch, especially when I have had that effect from a good cultivar and proper brew.

It’s nice to have someone like Autotripper explain the facts about Kava. There’s a reason why it’s been used for thousands of years. Because a proper brew works very well. I think with all Kratom and kava, for me, the plain powder works best. I actually never had a kratom extract or a kava extract that I liked. And I am going to make it a point to never try OP M S. For some reason that annoys me when I see it in my corner convenience store for way too much money when plain powder has always work the best for me. (I am all for keeping these things legal, but I’m also a big proponent of the over 18 laws. They always made the most sense to me and I don’t think these things should be sold in the corner store)

But I don’t doubt this kava extract can pack a nice punch, especially when I have had that effect from a good cultivar and proper brew.
Thanks for your notice, and always solid awareness on all. This kava too though lol.

Nature to body. Is the ideal. I think is your founded and inderstandable IMO recognition.

The Melo Melo Instant. I like it! Lovely effects.

The easist too. No prep. I like scales. 4.5-7 gram shots in 25 ml.

3 in row each 20-30 minutes.

It works. It's easy enough to palatte really.

Yeah, I know this stuff is a bit of a rip off (although oddly its cheaper in the shop I buy at than most of the online retailers for some reason?). I wonder what makes this a dry powder and not a paste?

but anyways, this product is a real mystery to me... I've definitely developed a tolerance to it now, after 2 weeks or so... I thought that wasn't supposed to happen with kava? I took 2 pills yesterday and it felt like only 1

If there WAS an RC in here, any ideas? I know for a fact it's not benzo RC, I would identify that immediately

it feels natural, not synthetic, just like I would imagine good kava to feel like

/shrug
I've found kava tolerance to fluctuate from day to day. You definitely can get a mild psychological tolerance to it's pleasant effects but it's not the same as other drug tolerances. It generally plateaus and certainly doesn't follow a linear progression as such.

Last edited:
Which strain(s) do you guys recommend? Is there a standardization like with cannabis strains, so that kind A always refers to more or less kind A of ingredients and taste, or do things vary heavily from vendor to vendor? I already noticed differences in taste between the two strains I have her but it's also quite similar.

Other question, does oil/milk/etc enhance the adsorption of kavalactones or is plain water enough?

I'm still hoping for somebody to chime in about extracting but will try to do alcohol and acetone soon.

Which strain(s) do you guys recommend?
I'm also curious, I'm going to try some instant kava

I'm really only interested in the anxiolysis and relaxation, I want a heavy downer strain since I'm mainly using it as an alcohol replacement which it seems to be decent for

I'm really only interested in the anxiolysis and relaxation, I want a heavy downer strain since I'm mainly using it as an alcohol replacement which it seems to be decent for
Me too, yeah.

I had instant many years ago when I first heard about kava, and as far as I remember the taste is much, much better than with regular kava, specially when drinking unfiltered (I don't want to waste material ...). But I never got serious effects like from alcohol, yet also my highest dosage so far was four tablespoons. Are there strains with pronounced activity within what one supports to drink of, or is extraction inevitable?

Hey all,

At the time, I was doing door to door sales (b2b), and I saw a Kava bar in my territory. Never heard of that before. So, I walked in to give my half assed sales pitch. They didn't buy it but gave me 2 free cups of Kava. I didn't know what to expect but it made me feel like a mix of some sort of benzo mixed with bud, in a sense. I've never tried the extract but have an idea of the potency.

Just wanted to share that bc I thought that an actually Kava bar was pretty tight lol.

Cheers,
LS