• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ethnobotanicals Kava extract (wow)

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
PXL-20220116-183107823.jpg
31J2IAKlVDL.jpg

I found this brand called O.P.K. it's very potent. The first time I've ever actually had an effect from kava. 500mg of this powder feels equivalent to 15-20mg of diazepam! I think this is purified kavain?

@AutoTripper have you tried any extract? This stuff surprised me

It is a bit expensive though, but wow, I LOVE IT!!!

amazing alcohol replacement!

I finally found kava that works, all this time I thought it was kinda crap

Imagine that stuff is actually illegal over here.

Kratom isn't, Cannabis is tolerated, but for Kava Kava I would have to break the law. Shame as i never had an good Kava.

Any idea how to extract yourself? I'm sitting on a good amount of kava but hate the taste and amounts necessary for some effects..

@emkee_reinvented in what region do you live? In Switzerland they banned both afaik, Kratom and Kava. Stupid.

Last edited:
Interesting. Looks similar to the opms kratom (both package, name, and vibe (pricey and strong)).

That being said, it could also be some properly dosed out rc spiked in those pills too. That thought did cross my mind...

Pagoclone would fit I think or more likely any of the RC benzos, like with krypton Kratom and O-desmethyltramadol.

I'd want to try it but so far only found that big auction house which is sold out and last time blocked my account thinking I was a black hatter.

I'm sitting on a good amount of kava but hate the taste and amounts necessary for some effects..
me too the taste always gave me a headache and stomach ache

this product isn't side effect free but much easier to tolerate

That being said, it could also be some properly dosed out rc spiked in those pills too. That thought did cross my mind...
I can't rule that out as a possibility but I kinda doubt it

it's definitely not an RC benzo for sure

good anxiolysis, makes me sleepy and sleep was tremendous on par with a benzo, but doesn't have that reinforcing effect to it like benzos

the first 2 hours of the buzz is stimulatory and what people describe a kava high like

Interesting. Looks similar to the opms kratom (both package, name, and vibe (pricey and strong)).
yeah I suspect it's the same company, nearly identical logos and name

O.P.M.S. is a great brand, not the strongest kratom but very consistent products

I'm on my way to go buy more of this extract, I liked it that much.

me too the taste always gave me a headache and stomach ache

this product isn't side effect free but much easier to tolerate

I can't rule that out as a possibility but I kinda doubt it

it's definitely not an RC benzo

yeah I suspect it's the same company, nearly identical logos and name
Will have to try sometime. What are the legs on the pills? Think i could do 'em on an evening and not be knackered the next day?

Will have to try sometime. What are the legs on the pills? Think i could do 'em on an evening and not be knackered the next day?
quite long, around 8 hours I'd say for the main effect, but I felt the relaxation and sleep promotion through the night as well

had the best sleep I've had for awhile, it certainly helped with the mild alcohol withdrawal I was having

This is a new one to me. What is kava guys?
Im assuming here in the uk its illegal like anything that makes you feel relaxed an calm an or the powers that be haven't worked out how to put a tax on it an take it out "criminals" hands.
But back om topic 😂 i love diazepam but hate how i think im invisible and invincible. Most of my bad ideas over the yrs stem from valium 🤗
I kinda like feeling merry but not enough to drink the hangovers now kill me an cripple me with anxiety so i dont bother anymore.
Diazepam while drinking vodka 🤣 wow always ends with me locked up or admitted to hospital every time no inbetween so itd be great to find something similar without the bad sides ive mentioned lol.

Normally it feels fairly weak, so for me it's hard to get a read off its effects. Maybe a really light mix of weed and benzos, it's kind of relaxing and a little more engaging than benzos, but out of say 10 or so times I've done it, it's never been stronger in magnitude than a small cup of coffee.

Kava is one you just gotta find the right product. For me, tinctures seem to work the best but watch out cuz they are also worst for the liver.

Kava, tincture at least, is like a mix between some beer/wine, some cannabis and maybe a tiny bit of opiate thrown in there as well. At low doses it’s a nice anxiety reducer and does well for sleep, at high doses it gets almost trippy like edible cannabis. I remember taking 180 drops of a tincture meant to be had at 20-30, and time slowed down so hard that 30min felt like 8-9hrs.

-GC

what's kava feel like? anything youd compare it to?
for lack of a better description it just feels like an herbal benzo, but that's not a good way to describe it either...

It's relaxing, relieves tension, helps with sleep, makes me more sociable, on part with a small dose of benzos and has it's own mild euphoric effect

Normally it feels fairly weak, so for me it's hard to get a read off its effects. Maybe a really light mix of weed and benzos, it's kind of relaxing and a little more engaging than benzos, but out of say 10 or so times I've done it, it's never been stronger in magnitude than a small cup of coffee.
that has been my experience with kava as well, which is why I was so surprised by this product! In fact I had pretty much given up on kava years ago.

I actually feel it without having to search for the effect inside of me

Imagine that stuff is actually illegal over here.

Kratom isn't, Cannabis is tolerated, but for Kava Kava I would have to break the law. Shame as i never had an good Kava.
Is that because some people in Germany damaged their liver by taking too much of it?

I have had Kava before both in extracted sweets, and the capsules that were easily bought in pharmacies and health food stores. It is relaxing on its own, went very well with pot, and with Psilocybin mushrooms. I never had the actual fresh Kava from the plant or root.

I have never taken any benzo drugs to get high or as downer pills.

Interesting! Thanks for the suggestion OP, as others have said I've never gotten much out of kava either, but then again I've never explored it too much (perhaps because of my previous lackluster experiences with it). I do enjoy OPMS products on occasion, though, so I'd definitely be willing to give this a shot

PXL-20220116-183107823.jpg
31J2IAKlVDL.jpg

I found this brand called O.P.K. it's very potent. The first time I've ever actually had an effect from kava. 500mg of this powder feels equivalent to 15-20mg of diazepam! I think this is purified kavain?

@AutoTripper have you tried any extract? This stuff surprised me

It is a bit expensive though, but wow, I LOVE IT!!!

amazing alcohol replacement!

I finally found kava that works, all this time I thought it was kinda crap
Hi man. See. You are here, I mean you. Not Negentropic.

Maybe a refreshed outlook slightly? I always get that after a particular level of turmoil and upturning distress.

As long as PTSD doesn't outweigh.

I'm really glad you deduced the culprit and cause though.

This extract looks interesting.

It comes in liquid too by quick look. 12 bottles I saw, it claims one shot= 50 grams kava root.

It's one of those products though where you can't find or easily, the specifics. Actual ingredients list, little detail. i.e. Chemotype. Plus number of doses per bottle.

I need to look further for all that but it irritates me when websites fail to provide it.

I could work out the effective cost that way too, pretending one shot does equal 50 grams. But if only Kavain, it would not quantify that way, or at all.

Like saying x amount of pure THC is equiv to x amount of bud. It may mean, 50 grams of root's worth of Kavain per shot.

If you are right and it is pure Kavain, that would be desirable, it's the most desirable Kavalactone for it's euphoric effects. And to get the Kavain rush that way too.

Also least nauseating, but shorter lived than the heavier, longer acting more sedative Dihydrokavain.

I am awaiting 500 grams of Melo Melo in instant form from NZ. In flight a while.

I like the effects of Melo Melo.

Is that because some people in Germany damaged their liver by taking too much of it?
No way. That is pure mythology. Just never mix with alcohol.

Kava simply doesn't cause liver damage. If it did, my own liver would have quit at least a year ago.

No impact. And 1.8 - 2.5 times average daily intake too. Just never alcohol.

It's because, how do I put this....the government are proper cunts, basically, isthe bottom line.

And flawed science spewed out some misinfo (lies) on this so long ago, upon which much global regulation and prohibition rest and were founded.

Kava is one you just gotta find the right product. For me, tinctures seem to work the best but watch out cuz they are also worst for the liver.

Kava, tincture at least, is like a mix between some beer/wine, some cannabis and maybe a tiny bit of opiate thrown in there as well. At low doses it’s a nice anxiety reducer and does well for sleep, at high doses it gets almost trippy like edible cannabis. I remember taking 180 drops of a tincture meant to be had at 20-30, and time slowed down so hard that 30min felt like 8-9hrs.

-GC
Yeah, I never got my head around that.

Kava disables liver alcohol processing enzymes.

So let's make kava stronger. By extracting it into and consuming it with pure alcohol.

No alcohol, it's the amount of Kavalactones ingested. It shouldn't be any harder on a liver, if pure and clean, as Kava isn't "hard" on the liver anyway.

So 150 grams of root, or equal KL's from an extract, shouldn't make a difference, there.

But I can't see how the alcohol somehow doesn't matter personally even in small amounts.

Afaik it is pretty sure that these liver problems weren't from the Kava itself but the pharma corp messed a batch up with impurities and didn't want to take the responsability for, so goodbye Kava. Many people use much Kavfa without any problems. surely it's safer than alcohol I'd say... but that taste. This morning I took a glass of Kava again, didn't know whether to add sweetener and milk powder or not and decided against, nothing can mask that pepper taste and when I see numbers like 50g root in one shot (I used a good tablespoon full = ca 5-7.5g, and of course nothing more than placebo stuff. maybe slightly more relaxed but not sure. No way I drink 50g at once. I need find an extraction technique. already ordered some chloro-etizolam and pagoclone but don't want to really mess with them..

Anybody knowing whether Kava degrades at 100*C? If not I could just concentrate the stuff by boiling, this won't remove the taste and inactive things but hopefully reduce the amount to a handleable shot size.