• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ethnobotanicals Kava extract (wow)

My dissacociative history, I've never even verified if that is the correct term of dissociative which I'm sure probably is, Robotusin cough mixture decades ago containing DXM. Maybe 8 times.

And heavy Ketamine use. Decades ago.
Yeah, DXM is a dissociative :) I loved using it in my teens, doing a low plateau 2-3 days a week and enjoying the afterglow on the off days. But opiates somehow damaged something in my brain, now DXM turned against me and is a psychotomimetic agent which gives me symptoms of psychosis, like hearing real voices - scary! So I can't use it anymore, and switched to arylcyclohexylamine based dissociatives which weirdly don't have these psychotic symptomery. Currently abstinent because my gf don't likes me doing drugs, will have to convince her that my dissociatives are to me like green tea to her, lol she loves green tea..

Ketamine's the prototypic disso, after PCP I guess. Ket is too short lived, but when you tolerate it you'll pretty sure also tolerate MXE analogues like MXPr or DMXE, they are structually very similar.

Interesting to hear that Kava is to you like low dose ketamine. I want that too! Will try with cotton and hot water tomorrow or so.

Yeah, DXM is a dissociative :) I loved using it in my teens, doing a low plateau 2-3 days a week and enjoying the afterglow on the off days. But opiates somehow damaged something in my brain, now DXM turned against me and is a psychotomimetic agent which gives me symptoms of psychosis, like hearing real voices - scary! So I can't use it anymore, and switched to arylcyclohexylamine based dissociatives which weirdly don't have these psychotic symptomery. Currently abstinent because my gf don't likes me doing drugs, will have to convince her that my dissociatives are to me like green tea to her, lol she loves green tea..

Ketamine's the prototypic disso, after PCP I guess. Ket is too short lived, but when you tolerate it you'll pretty sure also tolerate MXE analogues like MXPr or DMXE, they are structually very similar.

Interesting to hear that Kava is to you like low dose ketamine. I want that too! Will try with cotton and hot water tomorrow or so.
If you really wish to make kava not just quite a lot like ketamine but also much more enjoyable and effective all round, I was amazed at the synergy and potentiation by the supplement Shilajit.

It does something to the neuro brain chemistry to drastically alter the way Kavalactones act.

I'm very allergic to shilajit. Otherwise I'd be on that stuff, period, but as a recreational and medicinal kava user, it would change my drug routine, needs, limits, stretch, and outcome as well as balance and control.

Yes those drugs are not mentally healthy truly, IMO.

Ketamine is actually okay, like never once had a sniff of psychosis or emotional backlash from it, any sign of my self or personality beong influenced, tarnished.

Mental faculties, conscious is another deal.

But dissociatives like 3-Meo-Pcp are quite notorious for causing very advanced psychosis to onset, like ivy growing around ensnaring.

I've had psychosis from LSD overuse, but the Long Covid and direct nerve damage and habitation, after all these years, is now my number one issue in every aspect of life.

Like, minus the thing altogether I'd probably be pretty fantastic.

I have overcome that much extraordinarily and now this has come along and take on the top seat and taken advantage of my totally wrecked immune and nervous system before I've had enough time and chance to fortify that.

So the covid is more a factor in my mental state and nervous condition than any drug.

Here is my experience from last week with some old (c. 2015) kava extract that I dug up a couple of weeks ago. It was originally posted in the most recent gabapentin thread, probably because I was a bit impaired, but I'm re-posting here in case it's of interest.
---------------------------------------------------------------
My dose of 600mg kava extract paste (330mg + 270mg an hour later), plus one (1) 50ml shot of Black Velvet whisky (@40% ABV) has given me nice gabapentinoid-oid sensation for the last 90 minutes, it's noticeable and quite pleasant for me.

The paste claims to be 55% kavalactones but vendors seem to lie about this all the time, so who knows? FWIW, if it were as advertised, my dose would be roughly like taking to 1½ capsules of the "strong" capsules of pure 'lactones.

It seems to be wearing off already, which is actually a plus for me since I've gotten scarily fucked-up from a normal dose of heroin (injected) after the pregabapenlin seemed to have worn off - 12h+ from the time it had kicked in.

Kava, at least in this dose/form, definitely potentiates the effect of benzos. I dissolved 0.2mg (low) of clonazepam and 0.1mg (very low) of alprazolam in my mouth, savoring the flavor contrast, and quickly noticed substantial effects.

Subjectively, the kava has changed the feel of the BZDs, of course. If I had to take a stab at crudely quantifying it... maybe a +35-40% boost? My regular "heavy" dose is often 0.4mg of clonaz, and this feels about the same or a little stronger.