• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ethnobotanicals Kava extract (wow)

This powder is completely tasteless btw, like sawdust or something. There is no local numbing effect. I can "taste" it in my body, bit minty, just like regular kava but less intense.

I wonder what alkaloid(s) are in here.

I seem to have developed some level of tolerance, but I could be overthinking it. This is the 5th day in a row that I've used it.

Is that because some people in Germany damaged their liver by taking too much of it?

There seem's to be some kind of complot against it. And they could have used those death's as a justification.

Maybe those two poor guy's could have been alive if they had known about the contraindication of mixing Alcohol with Kava.

Is there a Toxicology report about their case?

I used to buy them from a expensive Vitamine brand and also tried the shredded root method. But both attempt's were without any noticeable effect. It was just recently I discovered It was illegal in the whole EU. Looking for a natural alternative like Booze serves but with lesser negative side effect's.

But one thing is important never combine Alcohol and Kava Kava.

I used to buy them from a expensive Vitamine brand and also tried the shredded root method. But both attempt's were without any noticeable effect. It was just recently I discovered It was illegal in the whole EU. Looking for a natural alternative like Booze serves but with lesser negative side effect's.
Do you have a source for that kava is actually illegal in the EU? I thought it was just banned from pharmacies but that the raw powder could be imported. But I might be wrong, just what I know for sure is that until recently they sold root and extracts in Switzerland. Once had some from the extract. forgot the strength but like 20% kavalactones, yet never tried it and was forced to destroy everything druglike.

If it's really illegal in the EU then yeah, well.. money rules the world :oops: You can't patent a plant and these corps like to get the full profit.

Do you have a source for that kava is actually illegal in the EU?
The more the read into it the more complex it seems. I know that technically I could probably get it but no way as easy as Kratom. Which you can openly import.

Which is also sold in smartshops. While Kava pills were at first available OTC and in headshop's, in the Netherland's, and taken of the shelves. I also read Poland is the only place its stricktly illegal. But then again my country was not mentioned on that list. Which i can't post as they also sell Kava.

A good Noble Kava is supposedly a very nice high and not toxic to the liver.

Just tried to boil kratom down but it turned into a thick paste. Need another way to concentrate/extract the kava. Really nobody a clue?

There seem's to be some kind of complot against it. And they could have used those death's as a justification.

Maybe those two poor guy's could have been alive if they had known about the contraindication of mixing Alcohol with Kava.

Is there a Toxicology report about their case?

But one thing is important never combine Alcohol and Kava Kava.
Kava, at least the extract I had and powder root in capsules was not like alcohol at all. I would feel relaxed and tired from Kava, but it was super subtle and if there was euphoria it was not like alcohol at all, and it was not like the euphoria from Indica cannabis or Sativa hashish.

Kava was sort of like drinking a liter of hot chamomile infusions. It was good for relaxation and resting, but not for bad insomnia.

Just tried to boil kratom down but it turned into a thick paste. Need another way to concentrate/extract the kava. Really nobody a clue?
I've made kratom extract that way, sticky black paste almost like tar. It seemed to effect me similar to just preparing the normal drink.

Whatever this extract is it's made completely different. I'd be willing to bet this is product has all the water soluble alkaloids stripped out. This may be only the fat and or alcohol soluble alkaloids? I am guessing, but there is zero taste and no numbing effect, yet still feels and tastes like kava in my gut after taking it.

These pills are quite expensive, so I think it's more than some simple one or two step extraction.

Kava, at least the extract I had and powder root in capsules was not like alcohol at all. I would feel relaxed and tired from Kava, but it was super subtle and if there was euphoria it was not like alcohol at all, and it was not like the euphoria from Indica cannabis or Sativa hashish.

Kava was sort of like drinking a liter of hot chamomile infusions. It was good for relaxation and resting, but not for bad insomnia.
One day true Kava will find its way to me. Till then about the effect's i can only guess. But i assume its better then Ethanol.

Chamomile is useless to me, for sedating / relaxation effects none what so ever. From Kava I expect a bit more punch.

One day true Kava will find its way to me. Till then about the effect's i can only guess. But i assume its better then Ethanol.

Chamomile is useless to me, for sedating / relaxation effects none what so ever. From Kava I expect a bit more punch.
Does green tea or L-theanine relax you or make you tired?

Does green tea or L-theanine relax you or make you tired?
OD's of green Tea and Guarana created a weird floathing sensation. I imagine I could sleep on them, unlike Coffee which keeps me awake.

Totally unlike the jitterness of Coffee, green Tea and Guarana. l-Theanine I never tried in pur form but looks promising.

Natural GABA, which is formed under the influence of Saccharomyces Florentinus and Lactobacillus Hilgardii. (Ginger Beer Plant. From Raw Cane sugar. Supposedly it has better bio-availability that way but it never never chilled me out. l-theanine and l-Taurine both work on GABA correct?

Last edited:
The reason green tea isn't jittery is because it contains l-theanine. If you take 100-200mg of l-theanine you can drink any amount of coffee and not get jittery or anxious. This is the only way I will drink caffeine, as I am prone to the anxiety from even just 1 cup of coffee.

Very interesting report. I might have to give kava another go-round.

I've got a little jar of "kavalactone standardized 73% paste" (or something like that) that's been buried in my closet for about a decade, so I don't know if it is still good/active.

The reason green tea isn't jittery is because it contains l-theanine. If you take 100-200mg of l-theanine you can drink any amount of coffee and not get jittery or anxious. This is the only way I will drink caffeine, as I am prone to the anxiety from even just 1 cup of coffee.
does that mean taking anything over 200mg of l-theanine is a waste? i usually go with 500-600 lol

does that mean taking anything over 200mg of l-theanine is a waste? i usually go with 500-600 lol
no, I was just throwing random numbers out there, I have no idea

but most l-theanine supplements seem to be around 100-200mg, and 200mg will allow me to drink all the coffee I want with no anxiety or jitters (I am very prone to this)

This powder is completely tasteless btw, like sawdust or something. There is no local numbing effect. I can "taste" it in my body, bit minty, just like regular kava but less intense.

I wonder what alkaloid(s) are in here.

I seem to have developed some level of tolerance, but I could be overthinking it. This is the 5th day in a row that I've used it.
Does kava have alkaloids?

Asking myself there. I have zero thought constructs re alkaloids + Kava.

I am def not going tightly by the stupidly, thanks to prohibition and misinfo ultimately, limited science on why, how Kava works, why cultivars differ so much.

Basically the spotlight is over 6 primary Kavalactones and their relative, variable ratios in % and total %.

But that is sinply the scope of science's proclaimed grasp of Kava's action.

Like mumbles about THC and CBD. Not heard of terpene yet. Still finding out a litlle bit about CBD.

So, not having a clue, maybe Kava has alkaloids. There are certainly unidentified psychoactive compounds in kava anyway.

Aside, in this case, it's the Kavalactones I want info on,

The extraction process.

What have you got?

What did it come from?

How did you make it?

Etc. kind of standard requirements really for anything we consume.

I'm not suggesting, don't trust the product. I'm just curious, and feel strongly about those principles too.

Lots of tannin too.

Prob more than black tea. Tannin is anxiolytic, calming to the NS.

So it offsets black tea caffeine's anxiety a bit. I just drank a cup actually with fresh grated ginger, tasty tbf.

Green tea def has way more tannin though. And proportionally less caffeine.

Does kava have alkaloids?
not sure, I'm admittedly probably misusing the word alkaloid. I know it specifically refers to any organic compounds with at least one nitrogen atom, it often gets misused to describe ANY organic compounds within plants.

I am very curious as to the nature of this extract myself.

I have a strong suspicion that all the water soluble alkaloids have been stripped out of this product, as I have made my own water and alcohol kava extracts and neither worked as well as this.

I do trust this brand, though, they are quite big and one of the biggest kratom bulk sellers.

I find it a little weird that most kava extracts don't work very well, but this one does? But all the other extracts I've tried also had the numbing effect, this doesn't.

But I am fairly confident this really is kava and not some random RC. It's been available and sold in headshops in the US for years - and all the RCs always get nuked by the DEA within a year or so (such as phenibut, which you can no longer buy in stores)

not sure, I'm admittedly probably misusing the word alkaloid. I know it specifically refers to any organic compounds with at least one nitrogen atom, it often gets misused to describe ANY organic compounds within plants.

I am very curious as to the nature of this extract myself.

I have a strong suspicion that all the water soluble alkaloids have been stripped out of this product, as I have made my own water and alcohol kava extracts and neither worked as well as this.

I do trust this brand, though, they are quite big and one of the biggest kratom bulk sellers.

I find it a little weird that most kava extracts don't work very well, but this one does? But all the other extracts I've tried also had the numbing effect, this doesn't.

But I am fairly confident this really is kava and not some random RC. It's been available and sold in headshops in the US for years - and all the RCs always get nuked by the DEA within a year or so (such as phenibut, which you can no longer buy in stores)
Yes I don't feel we need any suspicion, like RC's (i will use a phrase I never do personally here, for point sake, followed by one I do) lmfao lol.

A load of Kava extracts were lab tested. All purported 30%.

Many on Etsy.

All but one, under 3% I think.

Kavadepot, stated at 30%, was 33!

So that would be the one.

The lack of numbing. Interesting and revealing. Obviously specific Kavalactones or another Kava active causes that.

It's all so unknown.

I would take this extract, if I wasn't allergic to gelatin, it shipped here, and was cheap enough, basically.

But I would sure inquire as to what makes it it. But I am naturally curious, although I lose interest quick lol.

Like...bottom line? Gotit cheers, chat later.

Lol. 🙂

Read a report of extraction with acetone, the resulting product was smoked and seemingly gave a similar effect to a normal kava drink so must be pretty potent. But is acetone extract any different from using ethanol? Other extraction method is with CO2 - that one which comes out of combustion processes? Then it's out of reach for private people I guess.

Boiling doesn't work, besides creating a thick paste which I wouldn't want to ingest, read that the lactones get destroyed by heat, and that they are fat soluble. How do you extract fat soluble stuff? Reverse extraction, use water/alc/acetone and throw away to use the residues? Doesn't sound right.