• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Is Opiod withdrawal easy?

I asked a Dr. and apparently it’s totally ok to stop tramadolum cold turkey if you can handle it. It wasn’t considered to be in the same group as “real opiods” for such a long time cuz many people are lucky in a way they hardly experience any WD’s from normal doses (up to 400mg) and usually no tapering was used (practice might have changed for cases of very prolonged use). For doses 50 – 200mg per day it’s really easy to stop for most people who don’t use it to get high. But some who suffer from undiagnosed depression and benefit from slight SNRI effects it can be nightmare and they sometimes don’t even figure out it’s in fact strong rebound depression in question and not classic opiod WD. I met a person who for that very reason found WDs worse than with both H, methadone and bupe.
Yes I find depression is the worst part. The stomach issues can be solved but the depression that comes with PAWS and WD is, for me, the worst.

Opioid withdrawal can be easy if you catch it early and have access to some medicine to help you out (For me, at least.). But just because it CAN be easy once or twice, it doesn't mean it's easy in general.

In fact, having an easy withdrawal the first time meant I haven't learned my lesson.

After a year off of opis (had a 6 month oxy habit), I just stumbled into withdrawals once again after smoking H for a month with barely a couple of days break every now and then.
It's not that tough now either, just feeling some mild body temperature anomalies and irritability. It's so mild, that I just ordered a couple points of H for tonight. That's definitely not smart.

So don't fall into this trap. The psychological withdrawals are real, and they're gonna push you farther and farther into the habit if you let them. And when you're shoulder-deep in the habit, it's gonnna get magnitudes worse.

Mind and body are not truly separate entities.
They are intertwined and each affects the other.
But if I had to break it down in terms of how horrible WD feels, it would be:
1. Alcohol
2. Benzos
3. Opiates/Opioids
4. Coke
5. Meth
6. Nicotine
7. Caffeine
8. Cannabis

These are the WDs I've experienced personally.
I don't know much about RCs or the other newer chemicals that kids these days are into.
Edit: I'm hooked on kratom but I've never abstained long enough to feel detox symptoms
I've found benzos to be way worse than alcohol because the withdrawal can lasts almost 10x's as long. They were almost the same in intensity but with alcohol I was more delusional which was almost kind of a good thing.

I don't know just my experience.

will cold turkey off tramadol risk seizures as taking too much causes that? And why does tramadol cause seizures at higher doses?
Cold turkeying off tramadol is not a good idea.
I've gone through tramadol withdrawal every month from the age of 19-29.
The body aching, suicidal depression & derealization feelings are intense.
It doesn't get any easier either. The withdrawals are just as bad as any other opioid IMO.

Tramadol has a bunch of properties other than it's opioid properties.
These include being a weak SNRI & a TAAR1 agonist. High doses cause seizures because of this.
Along with the fact that opioids themselves can be considered convulsants (due to gaba inhibition).
Having a seizure is highly unlikely though unless you're prone to them.

I once took about 20 50mg tramadol pills (this was before I really understood anything about tramadol or opioids and was an idiot,, nobody do this please) and all it did was make me feel incredibly sick & throw up for hours & hours. So I think the seizure warning is a little exaggerated. But technically mixing any SNRI with an opioid could lead to serotonin syndrome or seizures. But it's only likely if you're prone to them or have a history of them. Some people are just unlucky.

I know the feeling, PAWS is worse than the actual withdrawal IMHO.

Just going into 4th day of no heroin & used since 2001.
Keep going man. Be resolute... I got 2mths off methadone. I walked off the clinic from 90mgs. I'm starting to feel better.

I've been an opiate addict with only brief sober time since 1998. I'm never going back to using opiates. Of course living in the US makes that decision easier for me. No way in hell I'm copping what they sell on the streets now. Fentanyl was the best thing that ever happened to me and now they got this xylazine shit, which has been around to some degree for a while because I ran across it around 2007. Never got lesions.

Anyways.... WTF was I talking about. Oh yeah.... 2mths,. Fuck fentanyl. Happy to feal free.

No more methadone! Earlier drops were worse than this one. I finally think I'm in the clear.

In some ways it's not that bad, because you start being more present for your life, I do at least. After the acute withdrawal. You get more energy and do more things. Heroin was all life ever was. Without it, I started doing things that normally make people happy, I think. It's like I can rechannel things. YMMV. Happy to not be wasting my money and health doing serious shit that could me locked up. Lots of empathy for those still going through it though. It's a terrible disease to have. <3

Cold turkeying off tramadol is not a good idea.
I've gone through tramadol withdrawal every month from the age of 19-29.
The body aching, suicidal depression & derealization feelings are intense.
It doesn't get any easier either. The withdrawals are just as bad as any other opioid IMO.

Tramadol has a bunch of properties other than it's opioid properties.
These include being a weak SNRI & a TAAR1 agonist. High doses cause seizures because of this.
Along with the fact that opioids themselves can be considered convulsants (due to gaba inhibition).
Having a seizure is highly unlikely though unless you're prone to them.

I once took about 20 50mg tramadol pills (this was before I really understood anything about tramadol or opioids and was an idiot,, nobody do this please) and all it did was make me feel incredibly sick & throw up for hours & hours. So I think the seizure warning is a little exaggerated. But technically mixing any SNRI with an opioid could lead to serotonin syndrome or seizures. But it's only likely if you're prone to them or have a history of them. Some people are just unlucky.
But why is mixing a snri with a opioide dangerious for serontonine syndrome ?i think the seizure warning with taking high doses of tramadol is much more serious then a serontin syndrome which would be caused by combining a snri with a opioide i mean how ? Do opioides work on serontonin receptors ? People take 600mg of mdma never heard anything about serontin syndrome huh😅

But why is mixing a snri with a opioide dangerious for serontonine syndrome ?i think the seizure warning with taking high doses of tramadol is much more serious then a serontin syndrome which would be caused by combining a snri with a opioide i mean how ? Do opioides work on serontonin receptors ? People take 600mg of mdma never heard anything about serontin syndrome huh😅
Most opioids have no direct effect on serotonin receptors, but they do increase the concetrations of neurotransmitters in the brain.
Here's a case of a single dose of ONLY Suboxone giving some one Serotonin Syndrome.

Now imagine if that person had ALSO been on an antidepressant.

It's not super common & it can depend on the opioid, but it does happen.

Most opioids have no direct effect on serotonin receptors, but they do increase the concetrations of neurotransmitters in the brain.
Here's a case of a single dose of ONLY Suboxone giving some one Serotonin Syndrome.

Now imagine if that person had ALSO been on an antidepressant.

It's not super common & it can depend on the opioid, but it does happen.
Ah i see , though i think it would be extremely rare to happen .

do you remember how SHITTY even common cold felt last time you had it bad? As a child I sometimes hoped that I got one so I wouldn't need to go to school. Then I got it and wished I could have just gone school without sickness.

And I've been told it is nothing compared to full-blown WDs and I believe that. Sounds more like bad influenza or worse with all the vomiting and diarrhea. And everyone HATES influenza.
I think the psychological wd/symptoms are worse than physical ones. The sheer panic, anxiety, agitation, restlessness, and despair overshadowed the pukes/shits/shaking/sweating/cold symptoms/ etc.

Not to mention reality beginning to set in of the damage you've done with your addiction, the people you've hurt, everything. That hits me in the face on day 3 or 4.

Yeah not fucking easy period. Even if it's 30 days of vicodin..you will be calling into work, depressed as fuck, no energy, along with acute symptoms and incentives that shit is all over, your mind and body are still addicted, so you go through a long gray nothing will ever make me happy again sort of shit.

I'd like to quote TOOL here..
"The fog is thick and
Easy to get lost in.(why don't you get OUT while you can?)
But you're a stupid, belligerent fucker.
I hope it sucks you down!" - Swamp Song

Opioid withdrawal can be easy if you catch it early and have access to some medicine to help you out (For me, at least.). But just because it CAN be easy once or twice, it doesn't mean it's easy in general.

In fact, having an easy withdrawal the first time meant I haven't learned my lesson.

After a year off of opis (had a 6 month oxy habit), I just stumbled into withdrawals once again after smoking H for a month with barely a couple of days break every now and then.
It's not that tough now either, just feeling some mild body temperature anomalies and irritability. It's so mild, that I just ordered a couple points of H for tonight. That's definitely not smart.

So don't fall into this trap. The psychological withdrawals are real, and they're gonna push you farther and farther into the habit if you let them. And when you're shoulder-deep in the habit, it's gonnna get magnitudes worse.
To add to that, from my experience, opiate withdrawal gets worse as you age. My last withdrawal from heroin was incredibly difficult, and I was in a rehab.

To add to that, from my experience, opiate withdrawal gets worse as you age. My last withdrawal from heroin was incredibly difficult, and I was in a rehab.
I agree. Things get harder as you age. Harder to recover from things and the body takes things harder.

Also more mentally/psychologically difficult. Maybe because you know more and are more self-aware.