• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Is Opiod withdrawal easy?

Byzek

Bluelighter
Ive just read it only takes up to 7 days.
Sounds to me like no big deal.
U can make u numb during these days with lots of benzos.

I remember when I stopped smoking meth after few months of use i just took benzos for 2 weeks and thats it.
Ok well i also wen through some psycho withdrawal for more 4-8 weeks but I did it.

I don't know exactly how miserable wds feel (apparently very much so), but if you have any addiction, alias "just wanting to do stuff regularly", you definitely want to do it like crazy if you have so much as goosebumps.

Let's remember, people have very hard time getting off of cigarettes.

The flip side of coin, that also means that if you get your lunch box together for it, it will be easier.

Stimulants commonly are easier to lay off waiting for next relapse once one is sober for two seconds, but when one is without their sedatives, it gets overwhelming really fast.

do you remember how SHITTY even common cold felt last time you had it bad? As a child I sometimes hoped that I got one so I wouldn't need to go to school. Then I got it and wished I could have just gone school without sickness.

And I've been told it is nothing compared to full-blown WDs and I believe that. Sounds more like bad influenza or worse with all the vomiting and diarrhea. And everyone HATES influenza.

Or maybe it deppends on the person.
Some are weak or some, like me , are strong and can resist everything, even carbs.
I am god
I can guarantee these things can not be boiled down to "weak" or "strong". They are just generic terms.
Be wise and recognize that you have no real reason to imagine addiction and dependence could not get a hold of you too.

I remember when I stopped smoking meth after few months of use i just took benzos for 2 weeks and thats it.
Ok well i also wen through some psycho withdrawal for more 4-8 weeks but I did it.
Unless it's methadone, and then it lasts a long time.

But yes, on the shorter acting opiates, the worst is over in 3 or 4 days.

No far from easy. if it was easy noone would be addicted. While you may only be sick for 5 days or so thats a very very long 5 days
Comparatively it's an easy withdrawal, unless it's methadone. In regular opiate withdrawal, the worst is over in 3 or 4 days and it's pretty much all done in a week. Methadone will run for weeks.

Cocaine and stimulants have you feeling horrible for a couple weeks, and then not so horrible for a couple months.

Benzo withdrawal will string you out for weeks, and can kill you.

Alcohol withdrawal kills people all the time, and causes hallucinations, seizures, brain damage (Wernicke's encephalitis), heart attack and stroke among other things.

When I was addicted to oxycodone during recovery from a serious injury, after 4 days of withdrawal I was fine. Yeah I sweated, shook, had diarrhea, threw up, couldn't sleep, couldn't eat. But honestly it wasn't that bad.

Alcohol withdrawal put me in the hospital, admitted to the ER, with seizures, and abnormal heartbeat, blood pressure of 190 over 110, heart rate of 120, hallucinating. Luckily I never got Wernicke's encephalitis because I took lots of extra b vitamins - thiamine prevents it.

That's why you don't go cold turkey off alcohol. The crazy thing is that you can go into alcohol withdrawal just from cutting back. You never know how much is too much to cut back. Anybody with more than a moderate habit, meaning three drinks a day, is at risk for alcohol withdrawal even from cutting back.

That's also why alcoholics are petrified of missing a drink.

So yeah all in all regular opiate withdrawal is pretty easy.

The acute withdrawals of any significant opiate habit are a nightmare, and depending upon the individual, PAWS can last for quite some time...weeks or months. The drug itself, the duration of the habit, and the dosing frequency (tolerance) will have most to do with your WD experience. So the stories of "opiate WDs" was "not so bad", or "easy", is extremely relative. Go kick a decent Heroin, Fent, Morphine, Dilaudid, etc. habit cold turkey and get back to me. If not sleeping or eating for days or weeks sounds fun, feeling suicidal, feeling like you've been run over by 10 trucks sounds fun, then it's a blast. There's a reason why major opiate users work so hard to avoid withdrawals, and it's not because they are easy.

Comparatively it's an easy withdrawal, unless it's methadone. In regular opiate withdrawal, the worst is over in 3 or 4 days and it's pretty much all done in a week. Methadone will run for weeks.

Cocaine and stimulants have you feeling horrible for a couple weeks, and then not so horrible for a couple months.

Benzo withdrawal will string you out for weeks, and can kill you.

Alcohol withdrawal kills people all the time, and causes hallucinations, seizures, brain damage (Wernicke's encephalitis), heart attack and stroke among other things.

When I was addicted to oxycodone during recovery from a serious injury, after 4 days of withdrawal I was fine. Yeah I sweated, shook, had diarrhea, threw up, couldn't sleep, couldn't eat. But honestly it wasn't that bad.

Alcohol withdrawal put me in the hospital, admitted to the ER, with seizures, and abnormal heartbeat, blood pressure of 190 over 110, heart rate of 120, hallucinating. Luckily I never got Wernicke's encephalitis because I took lots of extra b vitamins - thiamine prevents it.

That's why you don't go cold turkey off alcohol. The crazy thing is that you can go into alcohol withdrawal just from cutting back. You never know how much is too much to cut back. Anybody with more than a moderate habit, meaning three drinks a day, is at risk for alcohol withdrawal even from cutting back.

That's also why alcoholics are petrified of missing a drink.

So yeah all in all regular opiate withdrawal is pretty easy.

Ya my uncle drinks about 24 beers a day and gets bad dt's. The shit does make opiate wd look fun by comparison

Ya my uncle drinks about 24 beers a day and gets bad dt's. The shit does make opiate wd look fun by comparison
I do controlled drinking now.

I'm steady at 2 and 1/2 drinks a day. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it staves off cravings. My last trip to the hospital was last year. I've dropped from a dozen drinks a day down to two and a half.

I plan on dropping to nothing by the end of January. I also got myself some dihydromyricetin. It actually lessens the intoxicating effects of alcohol. I wish I had known about it before. Not to drink more, to quit, it helps prevent alcohol withdrawal seizures and other issues because it behaves like a benzodiazepine.

It apparently agonizes the benzodiazepine receptor on the GABA A receptor complex. They know this because it prevents flumazenil from binding to the benzodiazepine receptors (flumazenil is a benzodiazepine antagonist, used for reversing benzodiazepine intoxication, it binds to the benzodiazepine sub complex on the GABA, A receptor complex). In this manner, it actually helps prevent gabaergic and glutaminergic related withdrawal symptoms.

do you remember how SHITTY even common cold felt last time you had it bad? As a child I sometimes hoped that I got one so I wouldn't need to go to school. Then I got it and wished I could have just gone school without sickness.

And I've been told it is nothing compared to full-blown WDs and I believe that. Sounds more like bad influenza or worse with all the vomiting and diarrhea. And everyone HATES influenza.
To be honest when I have a cold i feel different than when i have witjdrawal.
I would like to have the badest cold of the world then have to cope with anxiety of srims.

I guess the longer the usage of a drug is the harder withdrawal.
I quit smoking meth after 4 months of use.
I guess it would be harder If I did it 40 months.
Meth was really ugly, I remember I had even problems after 3 months like sweating.
But the psychological part was the worst, that anxiety was 🤮🤮🤮🤮
But after all my drug usage is actually nothing compared to 99% percent in this forum.
Im an 😇 and Im glad that I touched my first drug at the age of 26 and not in the age of 16.

My last opioid withdrawals lasted 32 days. That was acute symptoms. Vomiting, diarrhea, etc. I took benzos, but you can’t take benzos for a month straight unless you want to try to come off those too. After that truly horrible month came PAWS which lasted 4 months. Unreal depression, anxiety through the roof etc.

You’re trying to draw a comparison between stim w/d and opiate w/d, yeah? Opioid withdrawal is worse. If you don’t believe us, try it for yourself.

Try being a daily drinker or not getting your benzos filled on time… That’s worse. I’ve seen that and it’s horrendous.

Is opiate withdrawal like meth withdrawal? Is that really your question?

right? are you just tryin to piss us old heads off. Yea super easy now go do 18 mg bupe a day for a few years and tell me how that knock yourself out with benzos thing works (that is the only way you will truly understand *not true short acting will put you there too) DONT REALLY DO THIS (should i have to say that) Opiate withdrawl is something many people live life in fear of, will sell ppl out to the police to avoid (are KNOWN TO), kill themselves during withdrawls......prolly cuz none of them had the sagely wisdom of grab a bottle of valium and youll be fine. No, have you ever been completely clean and disgusted by the way you smell, even though to the outside world your hygiene is spot on......no you always smell yourself when your sick which reminds you that you hate this addiction but the painful truth is some of us would rather deal with withdrawals time to time than face this f'd up world sober. Which is just a no go for me (which is bad for me I know).