• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is 1p-LSD better option than LSD nowadays?

It was good L the batch I had who the fuck knows mabey there are some copycats around. But as far as I know a sheet of lsd us cheaper than a sheet of a_lsd analoges. The difference you don't know the dose.

yea on a small scale it wouldn't be too profitable, but i'm sure there's wholesale operations that might be able to supply such endeavors. I have also seen on the internets how 1P-LSD stains blotters yellow, it would seem logical that these analogs might be distributed on gels. Looks at the evidence: 1P-LSD is yellow staining on blotters, the LAD's are dark, plus the volumetric type dosing you could use with gel tabs would be much easier than trying to lay blotter. Not only that but everyone who ate these gels i knew said they noticed how the gels weren't quite normal L.

Dunno I had a hit of eth lad to go with it, that scewed my results but took it on another occasion and I didn't feel like 1p personally. Yellow staining doesn't really happen till it gets oxidised outside the fridge, in my experience. And that wouldn't be a issue if you decorate you blotters at all. Dunno Ehrlich test it if you can test a gel? 1p shouldn't show up too easy. I don't know about ald-52 how or if it reacts to Ehrlich tests. Cuz that shit is truly hard to tell any difference. Right now I'm happy just with Ald-52 tbh. Its got all the bells and whistles that lsd does. (Without the metabolism issues with 1p)

While it is available I will be using 1p-LSD over LSD proper, just because I cannot tell the difference between the two. At all. I am fairly inexperienced with with LSD proper though, only used it a handful of times.

Speaking of DNMs, back in the Silk Road days (I'm allowed to speak of this old source, right? The name has been on the TV news8)) there was a project where you could submit GC/MS results of different blotters that were sold there. Getting from a clearnet vendor does make for a greater chance of the real thing you're ordering, if it's a reputable vendor, but such projects ensure a similar safety. Though again, you're never really sure until you get it tested yourself..

On the actual topic:

^ if 1P-LSD has such varied effects, depending on different people's metabolisms, then good ol' street acid is probably still the "better option".
I don't really know how most clandestine acid labs or laying operations work, but i assume most are a bit more sophisticated than "small kitchen labs" - though that is just a guess.
I've never tried any of these novel lysergamides - but i have had access to incredibly strong, clean LSD for quite a few years, and to re-state an old cliche; it's all about who you know.

Sure, there are batches of weak tabs that do the rounds, but there is still excellent acid out there - rest assured!
It hasn't gone anywhere, despite the appearance of a few close relatives on the scene.

I'm seconding this. LSD has such an advanced synthesis, you already need a quality chemist. Because you have to separate all of the isomers through chromatography, growing ergot cultures, you're already talking about a pretty advanced lab. The ones synthing MDMA or amphetamine in the back of a pretty unhygienic truck aren't making LSD that's for sure. I think you can be certain that most batches of 'cid are of a reasonable and maybe even exquisite quality. The dosage of blotters is another story, but you should get your stuff tested anyway so its less of an issue if you can.

If the metabolism involved really is so complex, and people in a group react differently, its an inferior choice IMO. Haven't tried 1P-LSD yet, but I see a lot of people claim it's different and then others that it's not or not by much. You want to be on the same page as your friends when you're tripping, those are the best explorations (rarely works out though haha). People do claim ALD-52 seems better than 1P-LSD, maybe because the metabolism involved is easier? Same with 4-Aco-MET, it seems much more consistent.

yea ald-52 rocks, but what shulgin wrote in tihkal is pretty damn close to accurate. it is a little less visual little less deep and maby a little less potent than good old lucy. But still if you up the dosage to around 250 it gets really fun. also MUCH more consitinant in effects regardles of the individual. 1p feels much colder and i guess feels less happy feeling than lsd. ald-52 feels much closer to lucy and it seems everyone agrees that itfeels more positve than 1p imo. just need a little bit more material to trip hard. 3 tabs would have me floored.

I need to try this one

It's funny how a lot of people think 1P-LSD is indistinguishable from the mother compound....me and a good friend who have years of exp. with Lucy can tell many differences between the 2....if 1P were A bit stronger I would actually prefer it to L

Yeah I have ordered some tabs of 1p to see if there are any qualitative differences. Wanted to do a double blind with some friends but I think the duration of the come-up would give it away?

To me they literally feel the same. Even come up to me is the same in that you'll notice sensory enhancement within 20 mins and are fully tripping before t+60. I'd like to see who can genuinely tell these two apart in a blind test.

The come up is way different and I can sleep T+10 hours which on the mother compound I am up for at least 16 hours

Plus on L my brain feels "frazzled" the next day....this stuff makes me feel like a million bucks the next day

Even the visuals are different....the head space is very similar

Different in alot of ways
Duration (shorter
Visuals
Headspace
Bodyload.
Potencey (less potent) 300 ugs is need instead of less than 200ugs of lsd-25
METABOLISM!!!!!
That's just a few.
Peace,
Nugz ✌

Are the labs that do 1p synthesis more prone to get HQ acid than clandestine LSD labs?

As the efects seems to be quite the same, and the blotters profesionally layed with uniform dose, are 1p better option right now? or the hashtag RC is to strong to trust on it?

i don't know about where in the world you are based and what may pass as LSD there, but here in UK generally clandestine or not LSD tends to be sold within a particular scene and tends to indeed be LSD of whichever variation (hoffman or Shulgin).
so in effect it will, here at least, almost always be LSD but the amount within each supposed dose may differ a lot. sometimes as weak as 25ug.

currently there is a resurgence in LSD usage, and the dosing is getting better as more enthusiasts are involved. generally it has always been a compound which has been facilitated by entusiasts rather than actual criminal gangs as such.

the main difference between LSD-25 (the traditional Albert Hoffman recipe which was made famous from the times of Timothy Leary from the late 1950's onwards till it's 1960's and continued to go through waves of popularity in UK right through till the 1980's, and less so in the 1990's, and the 1P-LSD recipe (Alexander "Sasha" Shulgin gets credited, but scant proof, and vague notes) is molecularly that little "wings" have been added to the existing molecule of LSD-25 (hence "fly LSD") which gave the law enforcers the slip for a while as it was now NOT LSD-25'
firstly, 1p-LSD hits in much quicker than traditional LSD-25 my friends and i have found.
generally LSD-25 may take from 20minutes, but more often more than half an hour to begin to take some form of effect, and up to an hour to REALLy kick in.
1p-LSD will begin to show itself within around 15 minutes, and by half an hour be pretty obvious you are on your way, and i would say it may even take much longer to reach a peak, so you get better time to really settle in if you have had enough to be overwhelmed and have a full-on ego-death.
on top of this, for instance, 100ug of 1p-LSD will do what it usually will take 200 to 300ug of LSD-25 to do to you, and it can peak much more powerfully too, and last much much longer. though i have heard reports to the contrary, although from personal experience i have never found this to be the case.
however most users including myself find it to be very smooth and clean and trustworthy and very "flowing" and even when you hit a complete and utter "intergalactic meltdown" and things go beyond "good" or "bad" and shift betwen total joy to abject terror, it is really rather a gentle ride (which may sound a bit odd to most folk) and can be highly useful too.

on the whole i would say it is not only good value, but incredibly useful as you have enough time to explore and experiemnt with it before you completely come down from it.

and on the point of the apparent "dreaded come-down" it is a bit of a fallacy unless you did it at a time that inteferes with your sleep pattern in that you will only be tired on coming down, which seems more of an easy glide (and the same can be said for genuine MDMA, you only really get "come down" from over tiredness and having perhaps danced your tits off all night which is rather like having run a marathon, so do NOT be a sitting duck for what is really sales pitch from druggies wanting your cash for come down hits of whatever)

so, if you know the dosage on the 1p-LSd tabs, then for example if they are 200ug, then maybe take half at first to get your "sea-legs", and it will be as strong as around 200ug of LSD-25, but smoother, and at 200ug will be fairly profound and highly psychedelic.
at 300 upwards it will get monumental, and over that amount will be utterly life changingly out of this or any other world.
just remember it lasts a longer time than traditional acid, and i find i tend to, if i take at say 7pm one evening, i may still be gliding gently down well into the next day, and if i take 200ug or more will be really flying the next day, and the 2nd day tends to be one of those "beautiful people" days unless you've been hammering it in party mode like a trypical night club druggy.
does that help at all?

Last edited:
tends to indeed be LSD of whichever variation (hoffman or Shulgin).

Hoffman or Shulgin? That's not a thing. LSD is LSD is LSD, there's only one molecule called LSD. I'd be suspicious of anyone trying to pass of acid as being either hoffman or Shulgin acid.

Yeah Shulgin didn't invent 1p-LSD, it was to my knowledge never synthesized until it it appeared on the market recently. It was based off of the idea behind ALD-52, which is 1a-LSD (1-acetyl-LSD), which was first synthesized long ago, not sure by who but not Shulgin either. Like you say, the added acetyl (or propionyl in the case of 1p-LSD) is cleaved off to result in LSD, once it's in your body. Anyway you seem to know already that it means it's either LSD or 1p-LSD, just pointing out that 1p-LSD isn't Shulgin's.

absolutely not.
1p-lsd comes on faster, stronger, peaks higher, and lasts much longer.
take it from a LOT of experience with both, please.

i would very much disagree, we have consistently found it comes on faster, takes good while to peak, and lasts for a hell of a long time, much more than the 8hours associated with LSD-25 in general literature.
and as for potency? it seems tobe stronger, so less is needed.
i've experimented with how much to load onto tabs so as not to totally overwhelm folk, but also not to underwhelm them, and anything above 150ug to 300ug is fine for most intents and purposes.
on the other hand i had lot's of scraps of spillage which may have amounted to as much as 5-600ug and came up while in London central area, and although completely overwhelmed at many points and had an ego-death too, it was fairly anxiety free.

People experience drugs in different ways, especially prodrugs. Differences in amounts of metabolic enzymes or other factors can lead to it metabolizing at different rates or with different amounts of the original chemical intact after crossing the BBB. I personally find it weaker than LSD or ALD-52, and not as sparkly, and it definitely takes a bit longer to come on. ALD-52 (1a-LSD) on the other hand, I find to be just as potent as LSD.

I'm not contradicting your experience, just saying it's not the same for everybody. :)

floating on it now - first warm evening in a long time - Toronto

The come up is way different and I can sleep T+10 hours which on the mother compound I am up for at least 16 hours

Plus on L my brain feels "frazzled" the next day....this stuff makes me feel like a million bucks the next day

Even the visuals are different....the head space is very similar

exactly

acid has a more speedy come up with more body euphoria is more unsettled and physically has an edge/bodyload to it, and the visuals are more underwater warpy and strange.

overall very similar but 1p next day you feel amazing, with L just burnt out. the buzz from 1p is more relaxing, the visuals from 1p are very instense but you need more than 1 tab. and they are more pulsating rainbow colourful rather than everything warping in little pockets

the main obvious thing is the style of visuals being different

1p afterglow is much better

Last edited:
I don't always get the same visuals from different doses of the same psychedelic, even from the same batch. So comparing the nature of the visuals doesn't seem particularly helpful to me.

I've tried 1p 3, times, but 2 of those times were wasted due to tolerance (I hope, otherwise I got bunk). I didn't really think about it much the first time I tried it, because it was a 4 hit free sample I split with a friend. Since it was free, I didn't pay as much attention. But I definitely tripped on it, and I think I'd even taken some benzos too. I do prefer ALD-52 but that's very hard to find right now. I think it's in the process of being put back out on the market, though.

Didn't psychicsteve do a blind test to try and differentiate between lysergamides? But yeah n = 1...

If there is a difference noticeable it's pretty subtle and IMO the cues for those differences would be peripheral to the actual trip. At least this is according to my own limited experience with 1P or 1A. I would say it is mostly less potent and also has some potentially slow and disappointing kinetics if that. Talking about 1P there, with ALD-52 (1A) i could not notice the difference at all so i guess that would be the one you want.

This thread may be a good jumping board to different topics like about these differences which have been discussed ad nauseam, but the title question seems cut and dry to me and obviously answered already plenty of times by now: choosing these analogues especially from proper sources can give you much higher confidence about the substance being legit. So the question is more about street acid which could contain NBOMe's or worse rather than whether 1P-LSD is better than LSD proper.

That would be a matter of opinion but my opinion is that 1P sucked quantitatively and required too much material.. but most of these analogues seem like a damn fine choice if the alternative is having to fuck around and use reagents etc.

The OP also has a tone of "dirty acid" discussion in it i.e. the idea that the quality of the synthesis (particularly the work-up) really matters that much. I mean you don't want any gunk but above a certain purity there isn't really any proof that the impurities cause bad effects. Also iirc if you successfully make acid you must be doing chromatography anyway? Sure there is plenty of hearsay and a discussion which has also been done ad nauseam.
I don't think classic "info" like the list chinacat spread years ago regarding different grades of acid and how they look is necessarily reliable even if I am not 'family'. People are notorious for being open to suggestion especially when psychedelics are involved, oh my god no.. Just the appearance of shitty looking acid can be enough to have bad experiences, I'm sure.. so it proves nothing to draw conclusions unless - once again - you go double blind.

In any case, I can remember batches of acid tasting soapy or bitter and things like that but I don't think I've had any that was actual LSD but such crap quality that I didn't wanna take it anymore. Nothing at all like that happened to me. Pretty much no correlation between taste and effects to be honest, but I know taste is not a way to measure purity so don't worry.. FWIW these analogues appear to come - at least a few years ago - from a very capable place. One of the more striking things to me is how much more accurate the advertised dosage is compared to other acid. So that is another way in which analogues like these tend to be pretty damn good.

Note that people may copy the blotter design, so there are bound to be people out there with disquieting experiences with some random- or bunk-ass 'cid which had those prints on the blotter..

Back to the difference in effects for 1 second: apart from the onset giving it away you would also need to correct for potency in order to take off from a 'clean premise'. It suits a person to admit that anyone could be fooled by suggestion (and experiences on a substance can then turn into ideas and beliefs about the nature of the substance.. meaning that as long as you know what you're taking you can build a different relationship with two substances even if you couldn't have told the difference in a situation which could truly eliminate tells and make it double blind.

It has nothing to do with how much of a connaisseur you are, if you actually understand the point of things like the placebo effect... and many people believe they get it but still somehow believe they are above it? Maybe a little like with addiction, believing it's real but in some weird way thinking it won't happen to you. It's not an easy thing and I have no interest at all in starting arguments with people. We all want answers but we are also a bunch of bullshitters and we like to have something in the meanwhile when the real answers don't come.

Last edited: