• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah sounds pretty ridiculous to me.. one of those things people who know nothing about heroin say to make it sound like they do..

There's a vein at the side of the wrist that is used in medical settings for an arterial gas sample.

It's a pretty important vein and test in many scenarios and sometimes crucial in emergencies, so it is a vein "he" wants to keep intact if possible.

^If he's wearing a big gold, diamond encrusted watch when examining your genitals, that just tacks on at least 30% more suspicion...

Oh, I forgot this was an IV thread! Don't mess around with the wrist vein, or any other vein at this point. You can plug it for better BA if that's what you're after...

Wrist and hand veins hurt more than arms. He tried the wrist a dozen times and nothing registered. Finally got his elbow veins to show, but took the needle out too soon and now they're nowhere to be found. -_-

What do you mean at this point?

At this point, don't IV drugs...find another vein in an easier area if you have to "at this point", either/or

Well preferablly not but it has been done.

The main concern would be nerve damage.

It is best to rotate sites and learn to shoot with both hands.

I suggest getting the proper info and starting far from you exremities and moving your way closer forwards the center of you body. The crooks of you arm are the best as well as the vein on the flipside of your arm.

Do not IV into spider veins that may devolop. Hands have worked but will leave some scarring if used repeatedly.

I am not a doctor and this is not medical or legal advice. I only wish for you safety.

I've been IVing into my wrist lately, I try to rotate sites but I only have about 4 good ones left, my wrist being one of them. Last time I used it I think I went through the vein and missed, my wrist swelled up and hurt for a while. Its now 2 days later and my wrist is still swollen, no bruise yet but I think I ruined it for that injection site. Oh and always make sure to use an alcohol swab on the site before you inject to keep away bacteria.

I have limited sites as well. If I had proper knowledge atm it would not have happened.

Thankfully I do not IV anymore.

Same here luckily, but i went crazy for it a few years back, leaving me with depleted veins. I did try the wrist, but its too painful; too many nerves in there. Also, i wonder how deep the artery there is?

Here is how to hit a vein in your arm if you are having trouble with or are running out of the veins in those two usual "junkie spots". Listen up, guys:

Run hot water (as hot as you can stand) over the skin surrounding the vein in question and really over as much as your arm as possible. This should greatly dilate a large number of veins. Shoot in to the TOP of your wrist or forearm, wherever vein is larger, putting very hot water on the tops of your wrists for several minutes will make some enormous and easy-to-hit veins pop. (FYI, don't be an idiot and shoot while you have hot water still running over your arm, and sterilize the injection site). Make sure you read about how to properly anchor a vein and if possible have a friend help you register that you're in. Do your research and fully read the IV-injection guide here on Bluelight. DO NOT shoot into those tiny-ass veins in the bottom of the wrist, they are tempting because they are obviously close to the skin but will almost always blow. Only an incredibly steady hand of perhaps a very well-trained RN could hit and shoot in to one of those. Hospitals use the veins running along the top of the arm without even trying to expand them; if you can see them at all (and they are the big veins which may barely be apparent somewhat deep under your skin) then you can hit them, you just need to go quite a bit deeper with the needle. Make sure the blood is dark red and not bright red; you don't want to shoot in to an artery!

It sucks and is a little risky to shoot a shot above a vein, but shooting a shot into the muscle below the vein can cause weeks of inflammation and if ANY bacteria was in the shot quite likely a serious abscess. I will leave all the information about being sanitary with injections for the main IV-users guide on Bluelight.

As a last resort, take a very hot shower or bath (preferably a bathtub as this soaks all your veins in very hot water) - you'll see hundreds of easy injection sights, along your bicep, forearm, the top of your hand (be careful there...) and a whole lot more in your legs and feet if you are really desperate, or have IV'd to the point of all the veins in your arms being ruined. You would be surprised at how many people fuck up all the veins in their arms, I'm about 15% of the way there and have skillfully used about 400 syringes in my lifetime. 40 packs of rigs go by real quick for an addict.

DO NOT inject into your neck as this could be deadly. If plugging the drug (shoving it up your ass with an oral syringe, works decently close to IV) is not enough of a rush for you or is too weird then you have a life-threatening problem. A few people have dared inject into the neck and a lot of them have either had very serious complications or died from overdose. If you have ruined all the veins you have even after taking a hot bath but can plug the drug, you should do that.

There are also some great veins if you are a male and have an erect penis of decent size - I noticed a potential vein on my dick once and the IV went very smoothly when it was erect. No, I am not a part of the gay meth scene for those who might wonder... I also have a 9" dick. Fucking wish I had a 14, lol. I have IV'd for some time and had my GF do it who was also quite skilled, so I wouldn't recommend this for an amateur. Any fuck-ups there would be unpleasent and might even result in the amputation of your penis!!!!! There was a very obvious vein along the front of my penis, I couldn't easily find a vein in my arm and had to try being the fucking risk-taker (but safety-promoter) that I am. Don't shoot into the expanded muscle in the back, it is filled with blood and muscle but that blood is making your erection. It's not going anywhere.

Always use "Wound Wash" (from CVS or Walgreens) to make your shots, it is exactly the same solution used for IV's in the hospital. Tap water can contain contaminants and contact solution can also be dangerous because of various cleaners. Always buy a box of alcohol swabs as well. The investments are well worth the potential complications.

I know that in my area two pharmacies sell syringes without requiring any prescriptions or paperwork signed: Rite Aid (max 1 pack of 10 syringes) and Walgreens (I've found no limit) although I have not yet tried to purchase a box. It may be a regional law or something strange like that in which case you will either have to try and possibly fail at a few pharmacies (you have to be older than either 16 or 18 at Rite Aid, not sure), or at most major cities you can find a "needle-exchange" program that will give you 30 rigs a week for free, and will process the same number for disposal each week. The sign-up process is simple and they also give you a free storage container for used syringes. There should be a "needle-exchange" program available to everyone over 16 at every fucking pharmacy in the world IMO. But then again some people say the government invented HIV to kill off black people, hey, it might be true. The secret world government running all these illusions of "sub-governments" which control us are pretty twisted.

Maybe a moderator could turn this in to a sticky, it would help people obtain rigs and miss veins less often.

I was IVing some heroin a week ago after years of not using it... I was having trouble finding a vein so I tried several different places, some successful some not... mostly in my arms. But I started bleeding seems like from open pores on the back of my hands, several different pores, like 15 or so different pores bleeding out, I only shot in the back of my hand maybe once or twice, and I was bleeding from about 15 different places on the back of each hand it was very strange I've never seen anything like it... a week and a half later its almost completely healed and my hands look normal now... anyone else experienced this?

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find the answer. IM morphine has the same ba as IV, right? If it is, he must have made a bad batch because he IM'd what should have been about 120 mg with no effects at all... would have been equivalent to about 400 mg oral, which always got him high before.

Thanks for the informative thread. However Im having an issue on which I cannot find an applicable thread.
My friend Shirley has been using methamphetamine for about 8 months, and during that time her preferred ROA has escalated to IV.
She's never experienced any problems, until a week ago.
She said her s/o (who is much more experienced) pushed in, registered, and began injecting her. She didnt experience a burn indicative of a miss, but once the shot was done and the needle pulled out she noticed a large lump had appeared just above the injection site. It wasn't painful or itchy, just a big lump under her skin and either around/inside/underneath the vein in her left crook.
She said it didn't change after a week of giving that arm a rest.
Tonight she called me right after she got another shot.
Shirley said just about halfway through, she felt like a balloon was moving up her arm. She described it like the cartoon scenes where someone steps on a running water hose, building up pressure until a large ball of water is waiting. Then its released and you see the ball, staying in a ball, move down the length of the hose (her vein was the hose.) It was very uncomfortable, though still not painful - but sheade her s/o stop pushing and take the syringe out. The balloon quit moving and stayed in the middle of her bicep. The original lump she had around the crook in her elbow was noticeably smaller, and her bicep was definitely more flexed feeling than her other arm.

Im really worried about her, because she sounded scared it may be a blood clot breaking loose.
Has anyone had a similar experience?

I used my ankles up and long ago the ones in the "crook of my arm" have collapsed so when I do shoot speed(on occasion) I use the bigger vein running along the side of my wrist and it works better than anywhere else for me anyway....everyone is different though so it's subject to ones own body.

Has anyone mentioned the product "Oxy Iso Colorblindness Correction Medical Glasses"? Can be found on Amazon. They are designed to correct colourblindness but are also used to show up veins by people who need to learn to give transfusions and IV therapy. Quite interesting.

There is an educational picture of an IV user at the top of page 21. He appears to be shooting into his left arm with his right hand, with the needle pointing towards his body. Does it matter which direction you shoot the dope?... i.e. if I shot it with the needle pointing away from me.

Stupid question, but does the blood flow up your left arm, and down your right arm, in a circular rotation? I didnt do well in physiology (or is that biology?). Im picturing as our circulation running almost counter clockwise through the body but I lnow Im probably wrong.

If Im incorrect there, would a beter assumtion just to be shoot inward away from extremities every single time? Thanks scag. I ask because my left hand is steadier than my right and I know from past failed attemtps that shaky hands are less than ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.