• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread Albion, I liked the part about "flushing" after a shot, that's something I've done for years and I never saw anything online saying not to do it, I'm glad that I know not to do that now, my veins need every precaution possible if I want to keep them for much longer.

I have a question I shot meth last night and I decided to use the vein on the top of my hand like and inch above the top of my wrist and going in I felt no pain just a slight tingle which then went away immediately the blood rushed I pushed it all in and it didn't sting and its not swollen like I missed or red. But like a minute after the whole bottom right part of the top of my hand and the top of my wrist is in immense pain I can't bend my wrist back but I can still type and I can't bend it all the way forward or make a fist. the entry sight is slightly swollen but no change of color or bruising or swelling you cant even tell I shot up at all barely except for the immese pain and slight swelling. I was wondering if anyone would know what exactly I messed up I know I didnt miss but from what ive been able to dig up its possible I hit a nerve but they said you would've felt a shock before and I didn't... it feels about 20x worse than it looks and I just want to know what happened and if it might be permanent so I can avoid such a dumb mistake in the future.

Holy fuck some of you guys really scare me with your technique. Darwinism at its finest. Like really im straight baffled at some of the stuff that's been posted and I only made it to the 3rd page. Now I remember why I always go on opiophile instead of rookie-light

I have a question I shot meth last night and I decided to use the vein on the top of my hand like and inch above the top of my wrist and going in I felt no pain just a slight tingle which then went away immediately the blood rushed I pushed it all in and it didn't sting and its not swollen like I missed or red. But like a minute after the whole bottom right part of the top of my hand and the top of my wrist is in immense pain I can't bend my wrist back but I can still type and I can't bend it all the way forward or make a fist. the entry sight is slightly swollen but no change of color or bruising or swelling you cant even tell I shot up at all barely except for the immese pain and slight swelling. I was wondering if anyone would know what exactly I messed up I know I didnt miss but from what ive been able to dig up its possible I hit a nerve but they said you would've felt a shock before and I didn't... it feels about 20x worse than it looks and I just want to know what happened and if it might be permanent so I can avoid such a dumb mistake in the future.

Could be a nerve hit. Yes, often when you hit one you do feel a very sharp pain right away, but not always.

If it doesn't get considerably better in 24-48 hours, I would go to a doctor just to be safe.

In my experience when you hit a nerve you KNOW it right away! It's possible, but it's also possible the vein leaked or you missed, meth is really caustic and irritates the fuck out of the tissue.

Holy fuck some of you guys really scare me with your technique. Darwinism at its finest. Like really im straight baffled at some of the stuff that's been posted and I only made it to the 3rd page. Now I remember why I always go on opiophile instead of rookie-light

People post here because they have the courage and good sense to admit they made a mistake, they are seeking advice and information.
Perhaps you, like me, were lucky and had an experienced user teach you the way, or had some good information on IV technique on hand.

Not everyone has that and everybody makes mistakes.

People should be encouraged to seek out help and information and not made to feel stupid - if they see people being treated like idiots for doing so, they may not seek help in the first place. Not really promoting HR is it?

Just a thought.

ok so iv read through but im worried im not sure exactky what to do from here,,,,
on more then one occasion i have had a lunp at the injection spot that lasts for a few days.... maybe the begining of an abcess but i usually put a hot compress on my arm
its always the crook of my arm... but if i know i miss a little bit when rigging up... hot compress for 15 mins at a time a few times a day

but this time i dont know if i missed... probably like 5 -10 - 20 units of BTH i most likely did...
yesterday i put the hot compress on it a few times...
but its still there its been there a few days and hasnt went away..

what i really want tp know is what do i do to it here at home??? hot or ice on it? take ibprofen??? what??
idk what to do from here other the if it doesnt go away or if it gets worse i will goto the ER....

its a lump on the crook of my elbow. its hard in there...
i cant tell if its hot or not...

but can somebody please help me what can i do to cure or help myself at this point??????????????????????

its been probably2 maybe 3 days since i noticed i might have a lump. iv since stopped shooting in that spot and switched arms...

help me and thank you

let me sum that up a little better in hopes that i can get a quick reply i really want to do something asap to help cure myself as im worried :.(

it probably started 2 maybe 3 days ago
i put a hot compress on it 2 or 3 times day before yesterday,
i read something yesterday and it said somethin about putting ice to stop swelling so i did that

so hot compress, then iced once yesterday.

its a lump thats i guess i tiny bit sore on the crook of my elbow where i hit at BTH. 2 - 3 days ago.
i cant tell if its hot or not

somebody please help. im worried! do i message it? hot compress or ice? ibprofen ??
any help GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's nothing you can do to just quickly "cure" yourself. It just doesn't work that way.

Only thing to do is keep putting the hot compress on it for 15-20 minute intervals, then switch to an ice pack for another 15-20 minutes. The heat will help the missed fluid absorb, dispersing it into the surrounding tissue instead of staying in one place, and the ice will help with the overall swelling.

Some ibuprofen wouldn't be a bad idea either, as it is a good anti-inflammatory itself.

It should at least go down in size within 24 hours.. if it's still the same in a couple days or gets at all worse, you should seek medical attention.

Hope that helped, man.

Hey guys, I am having circulation problems in my hands, and thought I would post my problem here in hopes of understanding what is going on. I am finally seeing a doctor for the problem, but I was also hoping other people here could weigh in to give me some additional perspective.

About six months ago I started banging H, after steering clear of hard drugs for 10 years. I saw where things were headed and got back on Sub about 2 months ago, but now that I'm off the H, I realize I may have done some damage. When I first fell off the wagon, I only had one syringe and it was probably too big to be using regularly. I started jamming this thing into the cephalic veins in my forearms (alternating), and after about 1.5-2 weeks I couldn't find the veins anymore, just lumps where I had been stabbing myself. At this point I got wise and ordered a box of 100 31 gauge on the internet, but apparently I had already fucked something up.

The veins did not reappear for several weeks. Now, during a typical day they will sometimes disappear for a while, and nothing is left but a lump (this always happens with both in sync) but then will reappear again. They can be brought out reliably by a hot shower or exercise. The veins look somewhat different than they did before, slightly enlarged for about an inch along their length where I was sticking them. However, they are definitely not blocked, at least when they surface, because if I raise the veins above my heart they will immediately shrink, then fill up again when I lower them below my heart. However, just because they are bulging on the surface does not seem to help much with the circulation to my hands.

This is the shitty part, the circulation in my hands is terrible ever since this happened. They get cold easily and have taken on a bluish/reddish cast. They will change to a more normal flesh tone if I raise my hands above my head, but when I lower them I can see them change color. I get various aches and pains in my hands and forearms, and more rarely in my upper arms or even shoulder. The skin in the hands sometimes feels like it is burning or itching, like I have a tight rubber band around my wrist, cutting off the circulation. Nothing extremely painful, but it bothers me a lot as I am constantly aware of my hands now. It is better in the morning and worse in the evening, after my hands have been hanging down all day, so I try to keep them elevated whenever possible.

I guess the reason I'm posting this is to check if anyone else has had similar problems. I've read a lot on the internet about collapsed veins and missed hits, but very little details on poor circulation in extremities. I don't know if what I'm experiencing is to be expected from a damaged or collapsed vein, or if it could be more complicated. I thought it could be a deep vein thrombosis, but that seems unlikely to afflict both arms at once.

Thanks for the advice and sorry for the long post, this is really worrying me. I just had a test called an ABI, where they measure your blood flow in the arms and ankles with a little pen that uses the Doppler effect or something; I'll post if I get any more info.

school me.....

few questions...1st..i am pretty sure I screwed up the "norm" veins inside arm...can I go down on my hand or is the entire limb no good? 2nd ..I think I have noticed right after I pull out this aching kinda pain in back..is that kidneys? 3rd and final...(for now) ..the last vein on inside of arm closest to elbow is that a vein? I tried it and a nerve knocked the needle out...okay serious...this is it really....where do I go if arms r no good???:\

few questions...1st..i am pretty sure I screwed up the "norm" veins inside arm...can I go down on my hand or is the entire limb no good? 2nd ..I think I have noticed right after I pull out this aching kinda pain in back..is that kidneys? 3rd and final...(for now) ..the last vein on inside of arm closest to elbow is that a vein? I tried it and a nerve knocked the needle out...okay serious...this is it really....where do I go if arms r no good???:\

Once your main veins go in the crook of your elbow, the best ones to start using are other veins in your forearm, bicep, etc. Often time, if your normal spot isn't working anymore, you can still hit the same vein just in a different spot, working up or down it. Then the next best place would be your wrists, there are a few big veins running along the length of the top of your wrist from your thumb, and then the hands if you have to. But you just have to be very careful there and be gentle, as the veins are fragile. Use a smaller gauged needle if you start going in your hands or smaller veins in your wrist.

Be sure to rotate your sites often and don't use dull needles. You'll have the best chance of keeping your veins healthy that way.

is there somewhere on here like a chart for the ones in forearm...top or bottom of forearm?
Once your main veins go in the crook of your elbow, the best ones to start using are other veins in your forearm, bicep, etc. Often time, if your normal spot isn't working anymore, you can still hit the same vein just in a different spot, working up or down it. Then the next best place would be your wrists, there are a few big veins running along the length of the top of your wrist from your thumb, and then the hands if you have to. But you just have to be very careful there and be gentle, as the veins are fragile. Use a smaller gauged needle if you start going in your hands or smaller veins in your wrist.

Be sure to rotate your sites often and don't use dull needles. You'll have the best chance of keeping your veins healthy that way.

:? WTF AM I DOING WRONG?????? PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME.......feet red and on FIRE:eek:...as soon as 1st drop of blood shoots into the rig its clogged..the blood is almost instantly hard. anybody...have u heard of this??

On fire itching, in pain, or both? After you finish the shot? Are you shooting into your feet, using a new rig?

And no, blood usually takes a while to clot...but fiber laxatives are sometimes used as a cut, which will cause the shot to gel up, but you're talking specifically about the blood? Are you dehydrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.