• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome to bluelight. i'm going to merge your thread into an existing one.

basic -> other drugs
(iv complications megathread)

^^histamine reaction ? I've had that happen when I clearly didn't miss. (And you said you feel the rush so obviously it's not a miss)...I have had the blotches all along the vein n itchy...and at first when I got that I wasn't sure why either til someone told me it could be a histamine reaction as a lot can be released/triggered by the injection...

Ok soooooo, this is Morphling, unfortunately I lost my password, but I've been around here a long time, and THIS is what happens when a BAD junkie goes at himself with a bad dilly habit and dull syringes. I warned y'all, and said I'd post these(not on this thread, can't find the other one). So here you go. I can go on and post more pics if you guys want. This is soo shitty.

http://postimg.org/image/y3jsnl4o5/

http://postimg.org/image/4d9ml0lrt/

^^

You gotta rotate your sites more, man. That's going to be one nasty scar.

I know because I used to IV like that and am now left with huge three inch scars going up and down my arms and hand.

I know, Scags, I know. Unfortunately, I took some ambien and got a dui, lost my car, and got stuck at my house out at the country with no ride to go get more rigs and 300 8mg dillies. This is what happens!

Yeah, fuck. Fortunately, I used to be a makeup artist and know how to cover the shit up. I had to go to the hospital a few days ago, and seriously, the nurses could NOT see my scars. LOL

They could only find two veins, and only hit one with those bigass things they use, and asked me, have you always been like this. I told em, well yeah. No, I haven't, I used to have AMAZINGLY easy to hit veins, till I fucked em up.

This is ALSO me, when I nodded the fuck out and whacked my face on the counter and broke my nose. You should have seen me BEFORE they put the stitches in my nose. LOL

I hadn't got any sleep, and I usually, seriously, do not look like this, but this IS what happens to bad junkies, so Y'all are now fucking forewarned. Yes, I am seriously ashamed of this shit, but this is harm reduction so.... fuck, guys. :!

This is what I looked like, after I broke my nose, after a couple days of no sleep!

http://postimg.org/image/6ki1qy6vt/

Last edited:
^^

Hah. Ouch, man. I been there. Broken noses suck.

And +1 on the makeup thing. I've gotten pretty decent at it over the years, hah. Was forced to. Most of the tattoos I've gotten were to cover up scars and hide fresh tracks in so I didn't have to keep putting makeup on.

^ Ah shit! That looks so sore :(

--
I've only injected myself a couple times (usually someone does it for me), and am shit at it/ preparing it. The stuff started congealing incredibly fast, and I had to almost force it in. I don't understand why it congealed so quick as I thought I used enough water and vit C. What am I doing wrong?

I'm sorry for all these noob questions, I know I shouldn't be doing it as I'm so shit, but I thought after watching someone do it to me so often I would be able too.

I have another 20's, should I smoke it (waste in my opinion), or try again in a different spot?

Also should I wait a bit for the crap shot to hit me incase it takes a while to kick in?

Many thanks for any responses.

Last edited:
Injecting morphine into wrist?

TL/DR: Is it okay to inject into the veins in your wrist rather than the crook of your arm?

I don't know for sure if this is in the right place so move the thread if you need to.
Anyway, my best friend's cousin was talking at me again. He found a way to clean morphine pills, good enough to be injectable he believes (after it's filtered the solution looks exactly like water). He says he wants to bang the morphine because it uses about 4x less pills. He asked me if it's possible, or even a good idea, to inject into the wrist veins. I told him I don't know, but I would ask the people on bluelight. I know most people use the crook of their arm, he can't see any veins there but the ones on his wrist are clearly visible. Also the wrist area would be easier to cover up with bracelets or the like, while if he used the crook of his arm he would have to wear long-sleeve shirts all the time.

is it okay? perhaps..but ill advised. You have 2 arteries that run into the hand. It's also very easy to mess up nerves in that area.

Don't be surprised if your hand blows up like a balloon..

Yes it's okay. The larger veins in the crook of your elbow, your forearm, bicep, etc, are better.. but wrists and hands are also very acceptable places to IV, though the veins there are smaller and more fragile, so you have to be careful. Your wrists and hands shouldn't be used unless all other better veins in your forearm and bicep have been exhausted, which with good technique and rotating sites, shouldn't happen for a long while.

It's best to switch to a smaller gauged needle if you're going to be hitting those smaller veins as well.

Thanks for the advice^ . It's an insulin needle, 29 gauge 1/2 inch. The only problem is he can never see his arm veins, just his wrist and sometimes the back of his hands are visible.

If he does end up using the wrist/hands make sure he pushes the fluid/plunger very slowly and gently to prevent blowing the vein.

^ This. Whenever I shoot anywhere other than my elbow, I always end up blowing the vein (i think), it swells, and feels like a giant knot. The top of the hand is good as well, I believe that vein is bigger than the ones in your wrist. Inject slowly to avoid complications.

"He" has tried using a tourniquet (well, a bandana tied around the arm, close enough) that doesn't seem to help.

I will make sure to tell him about that. He doesn't have much experience iv-ing, and probably would have blown a vein if this was not pointed out :)

Funnily enough, this is supposed to be the preferred site for doctors and proffesionals who will simply wear a watch, covering the sites. (I only know this cause I had an old mate who went on to become a doctor, who was telling me if you're being treated by somebody by pinned eyes in a bright room and wearing a watch, that's a giveaway.) I never really shot into my wrist myself that's a sensitive area, but I used my ankles more than once.

Pinned eyes in a bright room?!
Sounds like someone was possibly talking shit.
A doctor would probably see the danger in covering injecting sites with something as unsanitary as the back of a wristwatch.
Then again, I'm not a doctor - so I can't really speak for one.

You know how doctors and surgeons often wear bow-ties?
It's to help them hit the jugular vein when they're out of more conventional sites to inject. True story ;)

^^It would be pinned pupils in a dark room actually...That's when you can really see it, when someone's not in direct light.

Status
Not open for further replies.