• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
20cc is a huge shot. Is it close to the skin enough that you can drain it ? It will eventually go away, but if any sign of imfection shows, go see a doctor.

20cc is a huge shot. Is it close to the skin enough that you can drain it ? It will eventually go away, but if any sign of imfection shows, go see a doctor.

20cc in a 1mm insulin syringe I mean. It's like 1/5th of the syringe, so about 3ml of fluid. Maybe I used the term "cc" wrongly, I think I mean 20 units, or 1/5th of the syringe.

Nah I can't drain it, the needle was about halfway in. I thought i'd registered because I drew a bit of blood, but it turns out it was from the previous missed puncture I made, and the needle sucked up a bit of the blood on the surface of my skin.

What sort of signs of infection should I be looking for?

Im told that hot compresses for a few hours and then cold ones right after.
Lot of cocaine derivitives (and cocaine itself, back in the good old days!lol) are used for local anaesthesia so I cant see this getting too bad.
As mentioned above, keep an eye out for signs of infection and it should nb resolve alright.

CCs & mLs are the same, there are 100 units in each, just so you know

Lot of cocaine derivitives (and cocaine itself, back in the good old days!lol) are used for local anaesthesia so I cant see this getting too bad.
As mentioned above, keep an eye out for signs of infection and it should nb resolve alright.

Okay thanks man.

20 units is 0.2ml.
There are many signs of infection... Just look up "symptoms of local infection" on google. Good luck

The problem though with the stuff the OP is using and the difference in it and what they used to use as local anesthesia is the stuff used medically is completely sterile...the stuff the OP is using will not be and that is where the problem will come into play..

I would definitely keep a close eye but that is a pretty small bit (and ccs and mls are the same thing..they are divided into units on a insulin/1cc syringe...so you meant 20 units). I have missed with a small amount like that several times over the years (though it was heroin) and have never developed any problems with it..just usually ends up with a pretty nasty bruise there in the end.

*edit*..sorry bunge, just re-read and I see what you were saying..that since it was used medically then it shouldnt be a problem as far as the issue of it not being fat soluble and it just sitting there. Still a little concern though of course anytime that non sterile junk sitting anywhere outside of the vein...but I would bet it will be OK.

Thats no problem missmeyet?, im sure even a telling off (not that I felt that you were doing that) from yourself would be a pleasure to recieve.lol :-D

The problem though with the stuff the OP is using and the difference in it and what they used to use as local anesthesia is the stuff used medically is completely sterile...the stuff the OP is using will not be and that is where the problem will come into play..

I would definitely keep a close eye but that is a pretty small bit (and ccs and mls are the same thing..they are divided into units on a insulin/1cc syringe...so you meant 20 units). I have missed with a small amount like that several times over the years (though it was heroin) and have never developed any problems with it..just usually ends up with a pretty nasty bruise there in the end.

*edit*..sorry bunge, just re-read and I see what you were saying..that since it was used medically then it shouldnt be a problem as far as the issue of it not being fat soluble and it just sitting there. Still a little concern though of course anytime that non sterile junk sitting anywhere outside of the vein...but I would bet it will be OK.

Yeah, on the other arm I missed a 50 unit shot of heroin, and about 7 days later (and after a moderate injury directly to the site, which may explain something), I've developed a large bruise, about 3 inches wide and 2 inches tall, with a yellowy/white epicentre 1cm in diameter and a red-ish/brown surrounding area. I thought it was an infected abscess but it's not displaying any signs or symptoms of infection bar the appearance of it. There's no pain, no swelling (maybe a tiny tiny bit), no lump, no pain, and it's not hot. I can't really go around town with another one on the other arm though, so i'm hoping that won't happen again.

http://imageshack.com/a/img163/9963/8par.jpg

That's a picture of the bruising on my other arm. It looks like an abscess I think, but really has no symptoms other than it's appearance. What do you guys think?

I dont think its anything other than a nasty I.v bruise.
Infections are pretty unmistakable because because the swelling spreads into surrounding tissue andthe pain is quite bad.
Infections bad enough to become systemic (hospital jobbie) announce themselves with fever, nausea and tiredness/fatigue.
It white centre could be hard to breakdown crap from the shot (you would be amazed what the body can breakdown) or just a bit of fluid.
If your symptoms worsen then obviously seek medical assistance.
On a side note, cocaine is a localised vaso-constricter (makes veins shrink) and this could be the reason your missing shots, especially if your doing multiple shots a day.
Things like hot showers and regular exercise can help to improve this, along with regular I.v site rotation.

IV drug use/rash day after

so my dumb ass decided to shoot up some cocaine and i am terrible at doing it, and i could not hit except for once. ended up plugging it (rectal). anyway, the day after shooting, in the morning, everything was fine except track marks. then later that day a rash 4 inches above where i had injectected, over to the side even, not even sure if its over a vein but its on my fatty muscle on my arm, and its like an half inch long with a 3cm straight line coming from it. i marked the edges of it with a pen and it did not grow at all and it seemed to have healed a bit. its only been a day. i feel completely fine and everything and there are no other marks and it doesnt seem to be spreading. there is no pain, yesterday when it initially showed up it kind of hurt because it was an open sore. once again this isnt near the injection point, but its so random. is this safe/does anyone know what this could be? i am traveling and have no money so i cant afford the hospital

also on the one shot that worked, my right hand got super hot and numb for like a minute or two. the track marks have healed over and i guess if the little soar doesnt go away ill do something about it. but is there any underlaying sneaky bacteria that could kill me/make me loose a limb that i wouldnt have had any issues with yet??

Last edited:
How long has it been? Whenever I miss I put pressure on it in a hot shower & use a hot rag as well, though this isn't a typical miss IMO. There's a great IV link I my signature I recommend you see.

How long has it been? Whenever I miss I put pressure on it in a hot shower & use a hot rag as well, though this isn't a typical miss IMO. There's a great IV link I my signature I recommend you see.

It's been two days. The rash didnt start till the day after halfway thru the day. wasnt there in the morning. i dont see what pressure would do because as i said the soar is not on the injection site just the same arm..

It might be totally unrelated to you IVing the drug but give it about a week or so. If it itches, try to use pramoxine which is an over the counter topical application iirc or a moisturizing lotion. If the rash is still present it would really be best to seek medical advice.

U don#t mention Post Thrombosis syndrome @the start but good stuff still wish i knew it 20 years ago

somehow i posted this in the wrong thread
anyways are 1/2 cc syringes ok?
all i see in posts are 1 cc which is what i typically use
however this was all i could get my hands on
1/2 cc 29G 12.7

Are there permanent holes in my veins or something?!

SWIM has been an IV heroin user for three years now. She most often used the inner elbow spot on right arm for injecting until about 8 months ago when she accidentally got it in an artery in that arm. She's terrified it will happen again. the scarring in the left arm is getting so bad that it damn near bends the needle when trying to get it in there so she tries to switch it up and use the right arm but every single time she goes there her arm reacts as if she missed the shot. (slight numbness, severe itching and the inevitable white splotches for approx. 20 min.) SWIM knows for a fact she is not missing the vein. It clearly registers and also is definitely NOT poking through the vein then pulling back into vein then shooting because that would explain how some could get out of the vein as she has done that before as well. No, every single time she uses one of the two veins in the crease of her arm her skin reacts like a miss. She feels the rush also but the tea cation is as if she missed the entire shot! This baffles me and i am curious to know what is going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.