• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
my big vein on top of my left forearm recently collapsed ALL the way from my elbow to my hand, and the vein that runs along the underside isn't in hot shape either but not totally collapsed. I've had cramping in my left hand and wrist that is getting increasingly more constant and uncomfortable and more widespread and it is a SLIGHTLY lighter colour than my unaffected hand.
should I be extremely worried? I'm paranoid that this is the start of gangrene. fuck. do y'all think it's super urgent that I see a doctor? it's friday ...ER or wait until next week? this just barely started not more than 2 days ago and is progressing pretty fast pain wise but I do tend to be quite the hypochondriac so I don't know. thoughts?
Enjoy a few months of inflammation with some considerable pain. Nothing any doctor can really do much about, except for an NSAR prescription. I've been there a few times and stopped seeing doctors about it after tfirst couple of times. I received some Ribaroxaban from my internist, but there really wasn't any strong indication for that in my case. It can never hurt to get your cardiovascular system checked though, especially if you see a lot of collapsed veins. A blood check for hypercoagulation disorders could and possibly would be performed, but then again we all know why your veins are fucked. Could still use this incident as an opportunity to get an extensive checkup. Good luck with the pain, hope it won't last as.long as some of mine hurt when they were inflamed, my largest took around half a year. Took four months for the red line above it to fade.

EDIT: Maybe go se a doctor the cramps. Losing superficial veins to inflammatory processes shouldn't cause ischemic cell death death though. Maybe this is not just your vein collapsing, maybe it's just psychogenic, I know how stressful a thrombophlebitis can be. We can't tell you since we can not even see you. A medical praxis or hospital have the means to find out what is going on.

Last edited:
Enjoy a few months of inflammation with some considerable pain. Nothing any doctor can really do much about, except for an NSAR prescription. I've been there a few times and stopped seeing doctors about it after tfirst couple of times. I received some Ribaroxaban from my internist, but there really wasn't any strong indication for that in my case. It can never hurt to get your cardiovascular system checked though, especially if you see a lot of collapsed veins. A blood check for hypercoagulation disorders could and possibly would be performed, but then again we all know why your veins are fucked. Could still use this incident as an opportunity to get an extensive checkup. Good luck with the pain, hope it won't last as.long as some of mine hurt when they were inflamed, my largest took around half a year. Took four months for the red line above it to fade.

EDIT: Maybe go se a doctor the cramps. Losing superficial veins to inflammatory processes shouldn't cause ischemic cell death death though. Maybe this is not just your vein collapsing, maybe it's just psychogenic, I know how stressful a thrombophlebitis can be. We can't tell you since we can not even see you. A medical praxis or hospital have the means to find out what is going on.

actually I came to the conclusion that the cramps, along w/ pretty much every other side effect of it on the list, is the result of the bupropion I've been on for the past 3 weeks. time to get off that shit! ugh it worked so damn well for like the first week but everything was downhill from there, I don't remember the last time I felt so shitty both mentally and physically.
anyway yeah just my hypochondria, thanks for replying though. =)

Fuck me brother get to a hospital....

For skin infection I take it you mean flucloxacilin as that's first line treatment but this is more than that. The coldness suggests a vascular condition that needs looking at...

Please go to the ER bruv..

I've been a paramedic for 15 years and if someone presented with that they'd be bluelighted to hospital ASAP..

Please get it looked at bruv <3

Closing this one, V 4 is now available, I moved the last posts from this one to the new one

Status
Not open for further replies.