• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Injecting marijuanja

Okay Phreex -
I'm guessing that you've figured out how to isolate your THC. There are lotsa ways, you seem pretty smart so you should be able to do it...
The problem comes with injection.
As far as i see it you've got two options.
First - you could take your THC and dissolve it in ethanol then inject it... However - i dunno how much you wanna do this. You might be able to mix the ethanol with water - but then your shot might be getting pretty big...
Your other option is the converting the THC into THC salt. (Using the sodium ethoxide method mentioned above) The problem with this is that THC salt will be kinda basic. Not horribly basic, but enough to possibly cause some problems. But since blood is acidic, you should be fine (i think???)
Keep us updated!!!
Be careful!
and Good luck!
~Mateo~

Phreex, I don't think it will work. Studies dealing with the medicinal value of marijuana when doctors tried to substitute pure THC (in pill form) in the place of smoking pot, found that the effect was to increase pain and nauseau, not alleviate it. So if you inject pure THC into your body, the effects will probably be the same as the patients in the studies.
^
|
|
I do believe he has point. Furthermore, pure THC in tablet form is supposedly much less euphoric/recreational than just smoking the damn stuff.

peetie: ok, good point about the oil bases. so you can inject oils then -- however, that's IM, isn't it? IV might be different.
nitro22: those gelcaps are Marinol, synthetic Ä9-tetrahydrocannabinol in sesame oil. they're real.
plurred: the fact that blood is (slightly) acidic doesn't mean you can just inject an acid and watch it neutralize. it's buffered, but the buffer can only go so far. i don't feel like trying to find out if the buffer can control pH with the addition of Na-THC. also, the lack of information on sodium salts of THC tends to suggest that it's more difficult than you might think.

Quick question/statement, I remember someone talking about the THC pills, they wont get you ‘high’ because THC isn't the only thing that make the ‘high’ But I'm probally wrong.

Actually, the chemicals that work to get you high are all cannibinoids, they are structurally similar i believe and would probably all get extracted along with the THC.
Also, the various synthetic THCs that have been used for medicinal purposes for example Marinol, are actually somewhat different from the THC in marijuana. That is a more likely reason for the lack of pleasure associated with those pills, as weed with higher THC content is generally more pleasant than weed with higher content of other chemicals.
Pure
------------------
What is freedom? I don't know anymore. Its something so far removed from anything I've ever experienced that I'm not sure I can even comprehend it. Make Freedom A Reality
http://www2.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum31/HTML/000557.html?reload=0

Fuck all this "science" bullshit, just Macgyver that shit into your veins...
Gently Shake the crystals of your kind into a little bit of whisky.
Let sit for a 24-48 hours
IV the solution...
Pure THC crystals are soluable in alcohol, and it IS possible to shoot up whisky, read the report on erowid...
Seems like this is the absolute easiest way to do it
smile.gif

Brainrape
PS- I realize this probably will not work, (it'd be crazy if it did) just like that damn recipe for cooking meth that involved mini-thins, caffeine pills and pepper (but no salt)
smile.gif

------------------
Lying on the stained wretched sheets with a bleeding virgin, we could plan a murder or start a religion...

ure THC crystals are soluable in alcohol, and it IS possible to shoot up whisky, read the report on erowid...
The guys in Motley Crue used to shoot whiskey.
That's hardcore.
Maybe I'll try shooting some flakes in a solution of 151 some time.

instead of using weed, i would have thought hash ( proper hash not the stuff normally saold as hash) often only way to get hash is to make your own, bubble bags, altho quite a bit of material is needed.
if don't like smoking, have you tried eating? understand you want to try injecting, altho eating and smokign both give different highs so it makes sense injecting would as well.
for more info on mj, www.overgrow.com is for mj what bluelight is to E.

Okay - i think this'll be my last post on this topic...
Roaches - Props to all yer chemistry knowlege!!!
anyways...
the Sodium Ethoxide idea is good, but i'm beginning to agree with roaches. Its a bit much, especially without nice perfect labratory conditions.
however...
I still think injecting the THC phenoxide ion (read-salt) would be yer best bet...
I think you can do this with out the sodium ethoxide and use a more readily available compound - Sodium Hydroxide!
I figure this might work because the pKa of phenol is 9.95 and the pKa of water is 15.7
Now THC is conseptually similar to phenol - the pKa might be a bit higher due to substitution on the phenol ring, but still it won't be that high...
Thus the reaction...
THC + NaOH ---------------> NaTHC + H2O
<-----
will have a Keq of about 10^5.75
significantly enough to deprotonate most of the THC. I'm pretty sure my chemistry is right here.
Now we have two problems... First the above written reaction is an equilibrium. But i don't think this should be a problem because Keq is so large (right?) thus the ammount of NaOH left over should be only very little...
Second is the issue of injecting the fairly basic phenoxide...
Roaches brings up a good point, even though blood is acidic, it is also a buffered solution (sorry, i'm used to perfect labretory conditions). However, i still think you will be just fine because a human body has 6-8 pints of blood. The ammount of phenoxide you'd be injecting would be so small, i think you'd have no problem re-protonating it
Does this all sound chemically sound???
~Mateo~

While I watch in awe at your awesome chem knowlege, I just must point out that blood has a Ph that is slightly basic... Around about 7.4 I think, not acidic as mentioned. There is a good link concerning the blood Ph issues here.
It also deals with the symptoms/treatment of acidosis/alkalosis, and buffer states etc.
If the IV solution were to cause alkalosis, then this could be corrected by rebreathing into a balloon or something similar, recycling C02, and raising the level of carbolic acid in the body, evening out the balance...
Good Luck PhreeX.
[This message has been edited by -Thoth (edited 17 August 2001).]

i have a question for you FreeX, how is it that you're more comfortable shoving a piece of metal into yourself than smoking?
=============================================
and why the hell would you want to inject budd anyway? the point of introvenal drugs is that they hit you fast and hard, weed hits fast when smoked and the high isn't that intense even if you smoke a shitload to actually be worth the effort of injecting it.
------------------

to answer the question above and everyone else who said "why not eat it?".
I don't think the point of this is to get high. It seems like it is an experiment in the drug chemistry. I am fairly sure that Phreex knows you can eat bud.
peace

Updates -
Methylene Chloride KINDA worked, but it wasn't good enough - but, a gentle, yet LONG reflux with sesame oil proved to be a successfull way to isolate that THC, but sesame oil doesn't really give me much to work with... so, tonight we start over again, this time working with glacial acetic acid - and from what I can tell, this will make for the PERFECT SOLVENT to extract the THC from the plant matter to our fluid - hell, the reflux probably isn't even needed 100% ...
So, it was simply a matter of finding the right solvent - in a few hours I will have our GAA with THC isolated - ok, what next? I was thinking I could add an equal mass of ethonal, drop a magnetic sitr bar in for 20-30min, put it all in my boiling flask setup for distilling - now, where do ya think the THC will end up? I was, at no point, going for THC crystals - if I can get a decent amount of THC isolated in something safe to shoot, then it's a success... sadly this wont be that easy ... amy ideas? I don't wanna kill another 1/4 ounce of this expensivle ass "Krippy"
PC & Roches -
I am confident we will have total isolation in the GAA, so what direction should I head with this? Can't very well bang GAA .. my lab isn't *THAT* fully stocked... I have a few RB boiling flasks, condensers, stuff for distilling, a vacuum pump and the stuff to setup for vacuum filtration and whatnot, varoius sep funnels as well as other "basic" glassware.. I have a good supply of chemicals and can get or make most anything else in less then a day.. no, I can't do anything under nitrous or in a TOTALY ANHYDROIS envirnmmem
EVERYONE eho keeps telling me to eat or smoke it - no, sorry, thats not why I am doing all this...
As always, I will keep everyone up to date.. I searched and there is really not much shit such as this out there - in fact, I couldn't find anything
------------------
# unzip ; strip ; touch ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

More updates - glacial acetic acid it is! A little over 250mL was added to a small boiling flask, added about 1/5th ounce of "krippy buds" (previously shreaded using scissors - it was to "damp" to put in a coffee grinder) ... attached was a tall Grahm condener hooked to my daddy water re-circulation unit (a 5 gallon drum with a pump, half full of ice, half full of water) ... glassware is expensive and should be treated as good as, no, BETTER then you would treat a newborne.. so in comes the clamps and stands along with a heating mantle and the bowl of peanut oil (you can use brake fluid too, but why work to make more stench?) ...
Crakned up the heating mantle and fired up with pump .. got on IRC for a few hours... at about 3 hours it was *PROBABLY* done, but instead I turned down the heat and gave it another hour or so... killed the heat and let the condenser run ...
Now, should I add the ethonal then distill? Just distill? Is ethonal even the right solvent? PC or Roches - help!
------------------
# unzip ; strip ; touch ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

heh you do realize how fucked up yer gona get off pure thc banged into your blood stream right? youll be higher than anyone has ever been. good luck and if soem day i ever get over my fear of needle's maybe ill try it some day
------------------
Shags

All this is foriegn language to me..hehe..guess im just underedumakated. *shrugs* Good Luck Phreex!

all i have to say is obtain kinds if you're going to be injecting shit, i'd have to weep for you if the nickname "schwag banger" started kicking around