• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Injecting marijuanja

This is one of the more irresponsible threads I've come across on this forum.

Well done people. Harm reduction all the way.

Fuck.

They sell THC powder in amsterdam (Greenhouse Cafe I guess)...I don't know if this helps......

It's called that but let me assure you it is not processed like that, in fact that would be illegal. What that stuff is is skuff, the THC they shook off or sifted - some grinders collect that as well. However there is still plenty of plant material in there.

This is an ancient thread obviously (well not *that* old but I sure as hell almost forgot about it), for the interested reader I have some things to share though - I may be repeating what I posted a year ago though.

I have done this: refluxing weed powder in a solvent etc. I even tried to isomerize the cannabinoids to get more delta-9 isoform.
BUT: you have to find a way to get the chlorophyl out, it would suck ass to inject that. I filtered my extract solution all I could but it just got through.

What I tried as well was activated carbon but I don't think I had the right type, not all activated carbon is good enough to get the chlorophyl out and I simply had too much of it.

People have definitely produced budder which is about the best you can do, but I would always worry about leftover chlorophyl and comparable organic material. Apparently some people don't mind injecting pill fillers and who knows what but I cannot in my right mind advocate that. Plant material is similarly nasty.

If you don't like smoking I suggest you just make space cake or hash milk or another one of the countless cannabis recipes.

Once upon a time, or rather twice, I participated in studies where people got injected IV with water soluble cannabinoids, they were quite good - I do not think this is related to the ones you are likely to find on the market now, frankly I don't know how they got it to dissolve but it may have been THC with a chaperone compound for all I know.

Another thing is that purified cannabinoids were not really my cup of tea, though I smoked them instead of injecting. It was just TOO cerebral and powerful, interesting to try but too narrow a therapeutic index for basic stoning purposes. It got me stupidly high though rather than stoned, that I must say.
----

About why eating THC works, it will always work as long as it will get into the blood. That is where it will go if you smoke it as well. A difference though is that when you eat it your body will absorb it much more slowly, this has two significant consequences:
- the duration of effect is much longer.
- there is not the type of tachaphylaxis - if I am saying this correctly - that you get when smoking: when you smoke things you get a lot of it all at once in your blood, there is said to be a high peak plasma level. With natural cannabinoids this attenuates the effect, meaning you feel a ceiling effect. It will work less and less effectively in a certain way, which I am sure people have noticed who have experience smoking cannabis. There is a built-in self regulating mechanism in the effect of these combined natural cannabinoids.
But, this is not the case when it is released gradually - after eating cannabinoids in an oily carrier or hash form. If you eat a lot of it, it is possible to get a much more psychedelic effect that I can say out of personal experience can approach mushroom intensity!

What is also interesting is that synthetic cannabinoids like JWH-018 also do not have the self limiting mechanism which is why overdosing is a much more real possibility.
I am not sure and have also not experimented to test if certain synthetic psychedelics can launch a person up to the psychedelic heights of oral cannabis.

*don't bump a 4 year old thread unless you have something relevant to add to start up discussion again*

Last edited: