• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I don’t know if I can smoke weed anymore

That’s interesting that it worked for you. I have been thinking about CBD lately
Weed over the years increased percentage of THC. This tends to cause increased anxiety, paranoia, sometimes even psychosis. This is found in research, not anecdotal.

CBD calms effect of THC producing proper weed experience. I suggest buying CBD and adding it to weed. This brought back weed for me.

Apparently CBD can even be used to potentiate THC

Maybe dose dependant? I found study this interesting.

Maybe dose dependant? I found study this interesting.
My personal experience is that I took an edible with 30mg cbd and 10mg THC and it destroyed me. I was trying to read and the words started waving around, I wasn't entirely non tolerant either so it was odd to have such an intense effect from so little THC

30mg cbd and 10mg THC destroyed me

jesus christ im surrounded by rookies

lol jk, mucho respect for everybody here

but I don't feel a god damn thing from store-bought edibles unless i eat 3-4 of them back-to-back-to-back. I've also learned that "Indica" and "Sativa" marketing on the packaging is nothing more than simple marketing. Gotta focus on the chemical/terpene profile, and sometimes i just feel dumbfounded looking at those lists.

What I HAVE learned, though, is I have absolutely no idea how to properly dose my homemade edibles and my cannabutter snickerdoodles and brownies are will straight up induce a comatose state after ingestion. Also? CBG and CBN is essential to a "full high" for me. Again, I don't even know what the fuck CBG and CBN stand for but when they're listed on the profile in increments >2% of the total then I'm always in for a very relaxing time.

By the way not sure if I've mentioned this, but for all you fellow kratom users, I've noticed that I can tolerate cannabis a lot better when I use it 10+ hours after kratom.

If kratom is in my system when I take it the anxiety is 2-3x worse.

The period of time where I began to become hypersensitive to cannabis is also around the time where I started using kratom heavily. There might be a connection.

By the way not sure if I've mentioned this, but for all you fellow kratom users, I've noticed that I can tolerate cannabis a lot better when I use it 10+ hours after kratom.

If kratom is in my system when I take it the anxiety is 2-3x worse.

The period of time where I began to become hypersensitive to cannabis is also around the time where I started using kratom heavily. There might be a connection.
Oh wow that’s interesting … now that I think about it, I think that may have been around the time I started becoming hypersensitive to it too

CBD doesn't potentiate THC, it reduces the psychoactive effects from it in general, that's why 1:1 THC/CBD strains are good for people who get anxious easily, or CBD vape pens if someone is having a bad high, I've seen people do that. I tried this myself once with "99% CBD dabs" that the dude CustomGrow420 on YouTube was reviewing, had to order it to see the hype, it was amazing. Just that alone, I felt like I was floating on a cloud, I was so damn relaxed. Was having a bit of an uncomfortable high after a long T-break, did a dab and felt great, my high balanced out well.

Anyway if we're talking an edible that's a shit ton of THC and CBD, that might as well be Ambien in my experience. Either way I've gotten stoned off bud that was 7% THC 11% CBD, and it was a very, very chill high. As for @someguyontheinternet who got floored of 10mg, it's not that uncommon. I think the CBD probably messed you up quite a bit as well. Edibles high in CBD like I mentioned in my experience is a lot like an Ambien. It's just such a crazy sedating stone.

10mg would get a lot of people stoned, some people as little as 5mg. I get stoned by 15mg, really stoned by 25mg, and destroyed by 50mg. I had a cookie of that 1:1 strain, YMCA which was made with a half O and it was 50mg THC, probably like 70mg CBD (both have poor bioavailability in the body but CBD slightly more so). Still, even with that being true edibles will wreck you just because of the conversion to 11-hydroxy-THC, and eating a fatty meal can really help the edibles hit harder in my experience. Empty, eat 30 minutes later and I notice it kicking in with every bite.

I haven't kept up with everything, are you able to smoke now OP without feeling anxious? It seems a lot of stoners run into this wall one day. They could smoke for 3 years, 30 years, 50 years, and suddenly it makes them paranoid. I had a period of this for a few years, but it doesn't happen anymore. I believe messing with K2 in 2012 is what led to weed becoming uncomfortable for me for awhile, because it wasn't long after I'd messed with a specific one that I had my first truly bad high and panic attack in November 2012, I started in May 2011 and never had any freakouts. A friend of mine would and I'd always not be able to understand. "It's so relaxing, how are you paranoid?" but I figured out exactly what that was like soon enough.

If it's ever found true by $¢Ien¢e-for-$ale that an excess of THC ain't more desirable than an excess of CBD, and/or that both THC and CBD actually moderate the marginal side-effects of each other (...), then maybe someday we shall find in State MONOPOLIE$ as Québec's SQdC (anti-cannabic trash market) some offers corresponding to the vastly unexplored THC:CBD ratios revealed on a simple genetics map, for example that of some old Leafly article, related right here:

Animation_for_2-to-1_THC_vs_CBD_Ratio.gif

[ https:// s14.postimg.cc/tcfeln6cx/Animation_for_2-to-1_THC_vs_CBD_Ratio.gif ]

IMO a lack of interest for THC:CBD mutual "potentialization" was evident BEFORE & AFTER « légaleezation », so where's the "knowledge" coming from if nobody got it in their hands anyway?...

Well, there's still blending as an option but is this truly the same as to pick THC:CBD profiles emerging from natural genetic selections with their own "entourage effect" (etc.)?? Who's gona pay an extra punishment fee over a risk of some lesser THC "strength" in exchange for CBD costing big bucks, sold at an even more extravagant cost than regular THC-centric indu$trial mari-caca formerly designed to fidelize (read "enslave"...) marginally vulnerable youth simply unequipped/unprepared to emancipate with cannabis anyway?! In short yesterday's "dealer" ain't no less predatory, except now in$talled guru$ with no face nor liability silently enforce endoctrinated (non-) "knowledge" concocted at the United Nations - while we should also remember only 11 % of the world's countries have reached a respectable level of democracy, inside the People's House, no more than a third including those that aim for it, the rest (2/3...) being countries i better not try qualify myself, like China executing canadians over "drug crimes" to shame justin, etc., etc. All of it endorsed by Trudeau choosing to tease the UN for a seat instead of refrain from abusing his political power$, which Louise Arbour sure warned against while he was having a selfie session in red boxing gloves & pants in N.Y., just to please Sophie i guess...

In other words we can safely bet the matter was never addressed properly and hence one has got to try/explore THC:CBD ratios for himself and find out.

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

P.S.: Lately our SQdC added some 5THC:2.5CBD (5 mg + 2.5 mg...) bucal stamps though the dosing remains problematic if not plain carricatural, because the bigot$ never know when to stop and that's how we got Wax Pen in schoolyards before the SQdC sheep$ could even dream of a 30 % "concentrate", e.g. wasted with 70 % contaminants with ZERO considerations for the consumption method, etc. - In The Name Of Children.

Last edited:
I can't and keep it together it's pretty sad there is so much available now too but it's like man it no longer serves me functioning

I probably have not ended my use of it but I don't think it can go on in any rational fashion I become a trainwreck on it

I did make contact via systematic abuse and absolutely am irresponsible

I didn’t know where to post this. I’ve been smoking weed for years, I started at like age 11 & I’m 39 now, & it’s always been my go to. Between everything else, drug use, medications, me quitting drinking 6 years ago bla bla. Anyways smoking weed has always relaxed me, helped me eat when I can’t, helped migraines ect. I mean I’ve been a regular smoker with MJ in the same way maybe people smoke cigarettes or whatever.
However in the last couple years I sometimes get anxiety when I smoke it sometimes & no clue why as it’s always helped relax a little.

I take other meds & have had some stressful life occurrences so I’ve wondered if that has anything to do with it (like if the mj is just emphasizing how I’m feeling or something) but at the same time I’ve definitely gone through many crazy stressful life circumstances in the past & it didn’t cause anxiety so I don’t know.

I’m confused, have I just smoked so much in my life that … I don’t even know, I’m really not sure what changed. I still haven’t stopped smoking just less. In the last couple years I have noticed when I don’t smoke it I really want to & when I finally do I’m able to eat & sometimes sleep a little later that night. But still have been having the initial anxiety spikes when I first smoke it for a little until the benefits of me being able to eat & stuff kick in.

It’s always been part of my morning, have a coffee or tea & smoke a little. But the last couple mornings I’ve definitely felt some anxiety spikes after. I mean I guess I should try to cut it out a little more, it’s just a shame because I love weed.

*even last month I ran out of clonazepam early & when I tried to smoke to help it actually made me feel more anxiety?

I don’t know, I figured I’d reach out & ask if anyone’s been through something like this

A lot of people grow out of it and I'm not sure why. For myself and others like me, the high no longer seemed pleasant or interesting. I kept adding weed to life situations and over and over it made them more difficult to deal with. It got to the point that I would ask myself, "Will this event be made better with weed?" and the answer was often no.

I know weed smokers who are "lifers" but they're a minority. The rest have it very seldomly or not at all. Also I find that weed is waaaaaaay too strong these days, so when somebody offers me some, even I'm curious, I just have to say no because I'd be blasted and anxious.

My timeline was... smoked like crazy in my 20s, then by late 20s my usage was reducing, and then by early 30s I was barely using at all. By late 30s I had no interest at all and actively avoided it. Even the smell of weed turns me off now.

On a spiritual level, I don't find weed to be a useful plant teacher / entheogen anymore. The high feels like I'm regressing, not progressing, and that gives me anxiety. The person I am without weed is way better. I guess that's how I feel about mind altering in general. I prefer to have access to my full faculties and weed numbs me out.

So I have discovered that my weed sensitivity was indeed caused by kratom alkaloids. About a week after stopping kratom leaf I noticed weed feels completely normal again. I can take huge bong hits or big edibles and feel fine, no anxiety.

It makes me wonder if kratom has some obscure alkaloid that hits cannabis receptors, because other than making me way too anxious, it also greatly potentiated weed.

I've been using extracts and isolates, it's only regular leaf that causes the bad interaction.

Now I'm back to smoking a gram per day, whereas before I couldn't smoke more than 0.05g at a time without freaking out (literally).

@AngelsandFairiesarereal

So I have discovered that my weed sensitivity was indeed caused by kratom alkaloids. About a week after stopping kratom leaf I noticed weed feels completely normal again. I can take huge bong hits or big edibles and feel fine, no anxiety.

It makes me wonder if kratom has some obscure alkaloid that hits cannabis receptors, because other than making me way too anxious, it also greatly potentiated weed.

I've been using extracts and isolates, it's only regular leaf that causes the bad interaction.

Now I'm back to smoking a gram per day, whereas before I couldn't smoke more than 0.05g at a time without freaking out (literally).

@AngelsandFairiesarereal
Well you know me already as a forever natural true heavy ganja head, can obviously handle it and benefits are unreal.

I'm also very mindful conscious & observant of every drug combo interaction incl potentiation and imbalance.

When I took kratom daily 4 weeks 2019 had to CT due to such severe allergy effects real vicious 4 day WD too

I reached 8-13 grams a day.

Every next morning my head felt screwed, not only from kratom but cannabis too. I swear kratom is unbalancing for neurotransmitters making sense as is addictive meaning alters brain chemistry right?

Unlike Kava for it's inadequacies is opposite and brain chemical balancing also cannabis compatible and complimentary once accustomed to level of sedation.

So I'd say your thinking is right there, I definitely every day by afternoon, evening enjoyed cannabis with kratom

Edibles espec, good early evening dose same time as 4 grams green malay

But every passing day next morning felt more head messy vs any post wild exstacy binge with brain blown to bits, and increasingly too.

@AngelsandFairiesarereal
Oh wow that’s interesting, thank you for posting this :)💜🌺