• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I don’t know if I can smoke weed anymore

I was a stoner for almost 10 years and stopped smoking almost 8 months ago. It's ok really, I don't miss it.

After a while it's not really as enjoyable as one thinks, it just becomes a habit. Sometimes I felt paranoid which isn't very enjoyable, but mostly I didn't like the tachycardia. One of the main reasons why I stopped is because I was addicted to spliffs and didn't want to use tobacco anymore.

I haven't been 100% sober from weed though. I've used it like 4 times in that time period. Mostly edibles with my partner and 1 joint with a friend.

Sometimes I have been so sick I haven't been able to even smoke just from being sick. I had a bad respiratory flu in Cali one time so bad the only way I was able to breathe was to stand over an electric stove and breathe real dry air. I think it was covid before there was ever covid. The doctor from the office I went to even said it was something that came in through the ports. Whatever.

Nowadays it isn't even respiratory and now sometimes I just get so sick that I just can't smoke. I never really would believe that it could happen but I guess it does.

At least it is safer for me. And the best ever when I can smoke. But I have been too weak to smoke many times but most of the time now I need to smoke to heal from all of the sickness and bad medicine I have had too.

I feel a good spirit through me from the medicinal weed. And maybe I just love weed too. Very passionately. I hope that everyone gets to smoke when they are ready.

Oh boi this kind bud never gets old does it. :rolleyes: :weedleaf: But btw this thread was smokin. <3

Sometimes I have been so sick I haven't been able to even smoke just from being sick. I had a bad respiratory flu in Cali one time so bad the only way I was able to breathe was to stand over an electric stove and breathe real dry air. I think it was covid before there was ever covid. The doctor from the office I went to even said it was something that came in through the ports. Whatever.

Nowadays it isn't even respiratory and now sometimes I just get so sick that I just can't smoke. I never really would believe that it could happen but I guess it does.

At least it is safer for me. And the best ever when I can smoke. But I have been too weak to smoke many times but most of the time now I need to smoke to heal from all of the sickness and bad medicine I have had too.

I feel a good spirit through me from the medicinal weed. And maybe I just love weed too. Very passionately. I hope that everyone gets to smoke when they are ready.

Oh boi this kind bud never gets old does it. :rolleyes: :weedleaf: But btw this thread was smokin. <3
Unfortunately, I'm one of those people that cannot tolerate marijuana at all.

I can't smoke weed. It makes me feel like my head's going to explode like literally the top of my skull is going to pop off.

Yes I've had all different kinds of strains and mixtures and there was one promising one that did actually make me feel all right but I was so sedated and bed locked. I actually had thought if my house caught on fire I would die because I wouldn't be able to get up and run out.

I can't stand edibles. They make me feel like my whole body is vibrating and it's not relaxing and it's horrible.

The less we say about Delta 9 edibles the better.

And yes, even large doses of CBD make me feel antsy and not relaxed at all.

Unfortunately, I'm one of those people that cannot tolerate marijuana at all.

I can't smoke weed. It makes me feel like my head's going to explode like literally the top of my skull is going to pop off.

Yes I've had all different kinds of strains and mixtures and there was one promising one that did actually make me feel all right but I was so sedated and bed locked. I actually had thought if my house caught on fire I would die because I wouldn't be able to get up and run out.

I can't stand edibles. They make me feel like my whole body is vibrating and it's not relaxing and it's horrible.
Yes, but that's how I feel without marijuana, unfortunately.

Sorry. I am glad that you feel better. I really am. :)<3

You will be fine.

Yes, but that's how I feel without marijuana, unfortunately.

Sorry. I am glad that you feel better. I really am. :)<3

You will be fine.
Oh yeah I'm good. I don't miss it because I've never smoked it. I've never used weed all my friends. My whole life have smoked it and I'm in my 50s and don't smoke weed. I don't dab. I don't vape. I don't eat edibles people think I'm weird. I just can't tolerate it. My father never could either. I think it's genetic and I think it's tied to My weird reaction to MDMA.

I've never lost the magic and I've taken so many pills that you would not believe. I used to drop 6 to 10 pills every week for years. Now this was two decades ago but Thursday, Friday, Saturday .... Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday

I mean I was eating Scooby snacks like they were pez. I worked in the rave nightlife electronic dance scene industry as a second job and I had very flexible work hours for my first job so I used to get rolled up Thursday evening after work and party until Sunday. Sometimes Monday if it was a holiday.

Usually it was 3 days a week. Sometimes it was four with a three or four day break every week. Sometimes I'd actually take a week off because I had to do certain things but you know it was a 300+ pill a year habit cuz people just gave them to me. I never had to pay.

And I never had the depression always had afterglow.

Meth even seems lovey dovey and euphoric to me. And at doses of like 40 or 50 mg (Only oral). I'm good for 24 to 36 hours.

Oh yeah I'm good. I don't miss it because I've never smoked it. I've never used weed all my friends. My whole life have smoked it and I'm in my 50s and don't smoke weed. I don't dab. I don't vape. I don't eat edibles people think I'm weird. I just can't tolerate it. My father never could either. I think it's genetic and I think it's tied to My weird reaction to MDMA.

I've never lost the magic and I've taken so many pills that you would not believe. I used to drop 6 to 10 pills every week for years. Now this was two decades ago but Thursday, Friday, Saturday .... Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday

I mean I was eating Scooby snacks like they were pez. I worked in the rave nightlife electronic dance scene industry as a second job and I had very flexible work hours for my first job so I used to get rolled up Thursday evening after work and party until Sunday. Sometimes Monday if it was a holiday.

Usually it was 3 days a week. Sometimes it was four with a three or four day break every week. Sometimes I'd actually take a week off because I had to do certain things but you know it was a 300+ pill a year habit cuz people just gave them to me. I never had to pay.

And I never had the depression always had afterglow.

Meth even seems lovey dovey and euphoric to me. And at doses of like 40 or 50 mg (Only oral). I'm good for 24 to 36 hours.

Wow, I have afterglow from this comment. :) ✌️

How nice !

vg7fW4g.png

Wow, I have afterglow from this comment. :) ✌️

How nice !

vg7fW4g.png
The thing with the meth is fucking annoying though. I mean it lasts like the goddamn energizer bunny.

I have a friend I never have to pay for it because I take so little. She's just like "what are you stupid if I sold you a 20 bag it would last you for a month"

And when I say 40 or 50 mg I mean she laughs when I pull little tiny crystal clear shards the size of a BB out and say "that's enough for me".

And it's not even every day. It's like every three or four days. And sometimes the libido enhancing effects namely uber, sensitive nipples that stay stimulated for that whole 24 to 36 hours and make me want to go fap. Every hour or two is annoying because it lasso fucking long.

My "client" wanys me to smoke with him but it's starting to make me kinda feel wds or something maybe I should stop been 5 decades. Yeah started when I was six or seven.
Going insane; I am. Gotta be. What else is there? :love:
I look for a piece buy there are only crumbs.
And eggs
Bout to fuck up an egg sammich right now with a dose of bnz.
Yerp day is done gotta while and just generally being one who likes to at least let others who gaf that I am still standing.
Always my best to you all mfs
:clap:

So it’s been almost a year since I smoked … like mid March was last time… I think? … because dayum I was going through some thangs. Anyways I’m going to try to again in March & see how it goes. Going from smoking lots of weed for decades to quitting a year has been interesting. Honestly I only quit because I started to get those panic attacks, other than that I wouldn’tve had. If I can go back to the regular feeling I will … I think I have a tendency to take more pills when I don’t smoke weed. I don’t know … guess I just have to figure it out. My doctor that gives me random drug tests told me “you know I don’t care if it comes up positive for marijuana rite, you have a lot to deal with & I don’t care about weed in the results”

Ah I’m rambling … anyways, still got some stuff to figure out. Just been having urges lately for other things & been wondering if smoking could help … or maybe I have to figure something else out. I’m not sure I know the healthiest best choice moving forward.

I say definitely try it again - the same thing happened to me & the break turned out to be just what I needed and now I don't smoke 6 times a day, everyday, anymore

Euh... 20 years ago (much more actually) i was a hashich smoker actively exploring quantization CONSUMPTION METHODS & ASSOCIATED RITUALS. 1-way neuro-plasticity been proven bogus since then and i can't regret the improvement made by pursuing that initial intuition, triggered by financial stress and market volatility... Too "strong" arguments are those of my enemy.

So it’s been almost a year since I smoked … like mid March was last time… I think? … because dayum I was going through some thangs. Anyways I’m going to try to again in March & see how it goes. Going from smoking lots of weed for decades to quitting a year has been interesting. Honestly I only quit because I started to get those panic attacks, other than that I wouldn’tve had. If I can go back to the regular feeling I will … I think I have a tendency to take more pills when I don’t smoke weed. I don’t know … guess I just have to figure it out. My doctor that gives me random drug tests told me “you know I don’t care if it comes up positive for marijuana rite, you have a lot to deal with & I don’t care about weed in the results”

Ah I’m rambling … anyways, still got some stuff to figure out. Just been having urges lately for other things & been wondering if smoking could help … or maybe I have to figure something else out. I’m not sure I know the healthiest best choice moving forward.
I get panic attacks & anxiety from weed pretty bad too.
I always have though.

I started smoking weed around 12-13 years old & I'm gonna be 36 soon. It has always given me anxiety & panic, but for some reason I always continue to use it.
I can remember being 15 & in a circle with my brother & his friends getting stoned. And everyone else would seem so calm & chill & I'd be sitting there paranoid as fuck & feeling like I was gonna die or jump out of my skin. It always bugged me that I got that fucked up, while everyone else seemed fine. Made me feel like a lightweight. lol

But here I am 20 years later & it still gives me anxiety from time to time. And I still feel like I need to smoke it every day.

I find the best way to get around it is to wake n bake & keep my tolerance really high. If I smoke right when I wake up, I've noticed that the high is less anxious & more mood stabilizing. And I try to smoke a lot. That way when I do smoke, the effects are mild than if I were to just randomly smoke once in awhile.

I've also been wanting to do something else lately. I've been considering drinking. But drinking is a bad idea for me, cause I'm not the type to be able to have a few drinks & call it a night. Nope. If I'm drinking, I'm getting fucking wasted. And usually when I'm wasted I start craving methamphetamine to combat the alcohol sedation & sloppy feeling. Plus I start craving social interaction & partying. And if that doesn't happen, then my alcohol buzz ends up turning into a depression fest, either until I make a fool of myself or get sick & pass out..... None of this sounds like fun. Yet I've been contemplating it anyway, after being clean from alcohol for 7 years.

And weed is just boring & tame to me at this point. So I feel like I have no options anymore. The rest of society can get drunk or stoned & be happy with that, but I don't wanna do those things, so I end up with no recreational fun to have.

It's really frustrating & hypocritical.
I'd definitely recommend trying a low thc-strain of bud again or something in your case. It could absolutely help you.
Unless you're like me & the thought of heroin pops into your head immediately upon waking everyday. lol Then I'm not sure weed will do much.

Literally every day when I wake up, my first thought is always "fuck, would be nice to have some heroin"... And this has been ongoing for years now. I don't think I'll ever be able to stop desiring it & various other opioids (that I can't even get). It's like a piece of me is being pulled toward life long opioid use for whatever reason, even if I don't have access to them.

I like to day dream some time of a society where I can go out to the store & be like "hmm, do I wanna do hydromorphone or diacetylmorphine today? or how about a couple tramadol & some oxycodone?".... Now that's how life should be.

Last edited:
I get panic attacks & anxiety from weed pretty bad too.
I always have though.

I started smoking weed around 12-13 years old & I'm gonna be 36 soon. It has always given me anxiety & panic, but for some reason I always continue to use it.
I can remember being 15 & in a circle with my brother & his friends getting stoned. And everyone else would seem so calm & chill & I'd be sitting there paranoid as fuck & feeling like I was gonna die or jump out of my skin. It always bugged me that I got that fucked up, while everyone else seemed fine. Made me feel like a lightweight. lol

But here I am 20 years later & it still gives me anxiety from time to time. And I still feel like I need to smoke it every day.

I find the best way to get around it is to wake n bake & keep my tolerance really high. If I smoke right when I wake up, I've noticed that the high is less anxious & more mood stabilizing. And I try to smoke a lot. That way when I do smoke, the effects are mild than if I were to just randomly smoke once in awhile.

I've also been wanting to do something else lately. I've been considering drinking. But drinking is a bad idea for me, cause I'm not the type to be able to have a few drinks & call it a night. Nope. If I'm drinking, I'm getting fucking wasted. And usually when I'm wasted I start craving methamphetamine to combat the alcohol sedation & sloppy feeling. Plus I start craving social interaction & partying. And if that doesn't happen, then my alcohol buzz ends up turning into a depression fest, either until I make a fool of myself or get sick & pass out..... None of this sounds like fun. Yet I've been contemplating it anyway, after being clean from alcohol for 7 years.

And weed is just boring & tame to me at this point. So I feel like I have no options anymore. The rest of society can get drunk or stoned & be happy with that, but I don't wanna do those things, so I end up with no recreational fun to have.

It's really frustrating & hypocritical.
I'd definitely recommend trying a low thc-strain of bud again or something in your case. It could absolutely help you.
Unless you're like me & the thought of heroin pops into your head immediately upon waking everyday. lol Then I'm not sure weed will do much.

Literally every day when I wake up, my first thought is always "fuck, would be nice to have some heroin"... And this has been ongoing for years now. I don't think I'll ever be able to stop desiring it & various other opioids (that I can't even get). It's like a piece of me is being pulled toward life long opioid use for whatever reason, even if I don't have access to them.

I like to day dream some time of a society where I can go out to the store & be like "hmm, do I wanna do hydromorphone or diacetylmorphine today? or how about a couple tramadol & some oxycodone?".... Now that's how life should be.
Wow that’s so funny you say that … I’ve literally not drank in 7 years either & been thinking about it lately as well. I’m pretty crazy when I drink though lol & it makes me want to go out & do a bunch of coke when I do.

Wake and bake sounds good for sure.
*btw yea I understand for sure about opioids. I’m prescribed a small amount of tramadol. Sometimes I think about growing poppy plants but don’t know anything about growing them.
Big hug 💕💜

Wow that’s so funny you say that … I’ve literally not drank in 7 years either & been thinking about it lately as well. I’m pretty crazy when I drink though lol & it makes me want to go out & do a bunch of coke when I do.

Wake and bake sounds good for sure.
*btw yea I understand for sure about opioids. I’m prescribed a small amount of tramadol. Sometimes I think about growing poppy plants but don’t know anything about growing them.
Big hug 💕💜
Fuck, I love tramadol!!!! lol

400mg of tramadol a day use to be my DOC. Along with heroin too, but I always had tramadol coming in.
My mom was prescribed tramadol for 10-11 years. And she would just give them to me each month. lol She use to get like 180 50mg pills a month from like 2008-2015.

Then they made it a scheduled drug & they slowly started tapering her down. Before she died in 2021, I think she was only getting like 30 pills a month. So now all I have is my shitty subs. I still remember my first few years on tramadol fondly. I had profound energy, contentedness, lots of music & nodding out, burning holes in my bed/blankets, lol. I would walk around town with my headphones on, sun blasting me in the face & just thinking "wow, I feel the best I've ever felt & it must suck to be everyone else" lol I miss it. I wish they could legally do tramadol for opioid maintenance instead of subs. Or even Subs + tramadol. That's almost as good as heroin for me. lol I think I was a good metabolizer of subs in my 20's though. It use to get me nodding just like heroin honestly. And was nice & long lasting.

Lol That's exactly me on alcohol too!! I get crazy wild. Lol So I know it's a bad idea for me to drink. Im so jealous of alcoholics & people who can drink and actually enjoy it. lol Alcohol just makes me crave better drugs, every single time.

I had some poppies growing last year but I accidentally killed them & decided against starting it back up again. You have to have quite a lot if you want more than 1-2 doses. lol And even though it's not illegal to grow poppies, it's still a grey area & I just don't have the space or privacy to do so.

I'm curious how your experience with bud will go, once you try it again!
I use to love trams + bud. I found the trams would have me feeling so content & peaceful that cannabis would barely affect me. I'm sure everyone's different though in that regard.

I tried to get something "fun" recently, but it didn't work out & I couldn't even get my money back! 😭
My roommate got a bottle of liquor for this weekend, but I know I shouldn't do it. And I probably won't, just cause I know how stupid it'll be. lol

Hope you have a great weekend though my friend! Big hugs! 🤗❤️

Fuck, I love tramadol!!!! lol

400mg of tramadol a day use to be my DOC. Along with heroin too, but I always had tramadol coming in.
My mom was prescribed tramadol for 10-11 years. And she would just give them to me each month. lol She use to get like 180 50mg pills a month from like 2008-2015.

Then they made it a scheduled drug & they slowly started tapering her down. Before she died in 2021, I think she was only getting like 30 pills a month. So now all I have is my shitty subs. I still remember my first few years on tramadol fondly. I had profound energy, contentedness, lots of music & nodding out, burning holes in my bed/blankets, lol. I would walk around town with my headphones on, sun blasting me in the face & just thinking "wow, I feel the best I've ever felt & it must suck to be everyone else" lol I miss it. I wish they could legally do tramadol for opioid maintenance instead of subs. Or even Subs + tramadol. That's almost as good as heroin for me. lol I think I was a good metabolizer of subs in my 20's though. It use to get me nodding just like heroin honestly. And was nice & long lasting.

Lol That's exactly me on alcohol too!! I get crazy wild. Lol So I know it's a bad idea for me to drink. Im so jealous of alcoholics & people who can drink and actually enjoy it. lol Alcohol just makes me crave better drugs, every single time.

I had some poppies growing last year but I accidentally killed them & decided against starting it back up again. You have to have quite a lot if you want more than 1-2 doses. lol And even though it's not illegal to grow poppies, it's still a grey area & I just don't have the space or privacy to do so.

I'm curious how your experience with bud will go, once you try it again!
I use to love trams + bud. I found the trams would have me feeling so content & peaceful that cannabis would barely affect me. I'm sure everyone's different though in that regard.

I tried to get something "fun" recently, but it didn't work out & I couldn't even get my money back! 😭
My roommate got a bottle of liquor for this weekend, but I know I shouldn't do it. And I probably won't, just cause I know how stupid it'll be. lol

Hope you have a great weekend though my friend! Big hugs! 🤗❤️
We have a lot in common :)
Yea my mom used to give me her painkillers too because she is distrustful of western medicine lol & she knew I liked them so she didn’t mind.
I remember when tramadol wasn’t a controlled substance. Doctors used to prescribe me tons of it & I had a drawer full of them but I never payed attention to them because I was always taking roxicodone. Once I couldn’t get roxi anymore & finally started taking the tramadol I was surprised how much they helped my mood & gave me energy.

That’s interesting that you tried growing some poppies, yea I had a feeling it’s probably harder than I’m thinking.
Anyways it was nice talking to you
I hope you have a great weekend too! (& your roommate don’t get too crazy haha just kidding)
Big hugs 💜🌺

No offense but how do you accidentally kill poppies?! They grow like weeds. I used to do poppy seed tea a lot and I once had them start sprouting up in a towel I used for straining and forgot. I used to throw them outside and they'd just pop up weeks later. And I wasn't even trying to grow them lol.