• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I don’t know if I can smoke weed anymore

Missin’ that wake n bake for sure for sure

So you've finally managed to cope with systematic dosing abuse + vilified rituals (e.g. self-poisoning chronic multi-intoxication, etc.) via abstention. That makes you a certified expert in failure and we can all learn from that, initially... Then there's the next step awaiting, if it's for you, or more precisely if *YOU* are ready for it, euh... YOU tell me!

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

I'm mid 30s and been smoking since a similar age. Weed has always been my go to drug too, excellent for doing some exercise or regaining appetite.

Recently have been battling with other harder drugs and noticed I was hardly smoking Weed at all anymore. Since recovering from that mess I'm smoking less than ever. Just a couple of tiny pipes gets me High AF. In this scenario I think a tolerance break helps massively then when you go back you get the absolute best high possible from as little product as possible.

Still haven’t smoked yet. For some reason really been wanting to but I wanted to see how long I could go … like a year & then assess. I never went this long without since I don’t even know like kid years. But I think I been poppin more pills lately … so I don’t know.
I live on a reservation rite now that has like tons of dispensaries, there’s 24 hour ones & every night I’ve been feeling like going. It’s been 6 months, there’s pros & maybe? some cons not smoking … I don’t really know what I’m saying, just what I’m thinking. This has become my ‘a bish hasn’t smoked weed diary’ lol :)

this is a really common thing amongst people i’ve spoken to. as well as myself! i used to smoke everyday from ages 17-22 or so. literally like the day i turned 23, everytime i smoked it was a nightmare. just pure dread and anxiety. I think it has something to do with the CB1 receptor and how some people just end up with the shitty side effects of the psycho activity of marijuana.

this is a really common thing amongst people i’ve spoken to. as well as myself! i used to smoke everyday from ages 17-22 or so. literally like the day i turned 23, everytime i smoked it was a nightmare. just pure dread and anxiety. I think it has something to do with the CB1 receptor and how some people just end up with the shitty side effects of the psycho activity of marijuana.
Yea I didn’t realize this happened to so many people until I made this thread 💜

al
Yea I didn’t realize this happened to so many people until I made this thread 💜
also important to mention like people have said earlier, environment, stress, anxiety in day to day life can play a huge part now. there’s been maybe 3-4 times in the last 5 years where i’ve smoked and it was okay.
but yeah it’s shit honestly, i wish i could still smoke

I feel so sorry for y'all that don't seem to be able to enjoy cannabis anymore.

It... it literally breaks my heart.

Because all I wanna be able to do is take a single hit and have it feel like two, but y'all can't even have fun with the one....

ay, y'all try edibles? Mannnn, them snickerdoodles can change your life

I feel so sorry for y'all that don't seem to be able to enjoy cannabis anymore.

It... it literally breaks my heart.

Because all I wanna be able to do is take a single hit and have it feel like two, but y'all can't even have fun with the one....

ay, y'all try edibles? Mannnn, them snickerdoodles can change your life
those snickerdoodles had me disassociating and talking to the wall in my bedroom, thinking i was truly losing my mind.

I didn’t know where to post this. I’ve been smoking weed for years, I started at like age 11 & I’m 39 now, & it’s always been my go to. Between everything else, drug use, medications, me quitting drinking 6 years ago bla bla. Anyways smoking weed has always relaxed me, helped me eat when I can’t, helped migraines ect. I mean I’ve been a regular smoker with MJ in the same way maybe people smoke cigarettes or whatever.
However in the last couple years I sometimes get anxiety when I smoke it sometimes & no clue why as it’s always helped relax a little.

I take other meds & have had some stressful life occurrences so I’ve wondered if that has anything to do with it (like if the mj is just emphasizing how I’m feeling or something) but at the same time I’ve definitely gone through many crazy stressful life circumstances in the past & it didn’t cause anxiety so I don’t know.

I’m confused, have I just smoked so much in my life that … I don’t even know, I’m really not sure what changed. I still haven’t stopped smoking just less. In the last couple years I have noticed when I don’t smoke it I really want to & when I finally do I’m able to eat & sometimes sleep a little later that night. But still have been having the initial anxiety spikes when I first smoke it for a little until the benefits of me being able to eat & stuff kick in.

It’s always been part of my morning, have a coffee or tea & smoke a little. But the last couple mornings I’ve definitely felt some anxiety spikes after. I mean I guess I should try to cut it out a little more, it’s just a shame because I love weed.

*even last month I ran out of clonazepam early & when I tried to smoke to help it actually made me feel more anxiety?

I don’t know, I figured I’d reach out & ask if anyone’s been through something like this
I’m in the same position and I’m 28. Started at age 14. It used to be very helpful for me in alleviating intrusive thoughts as well as anger and depression. I was very active on it as well and think it even improved my work performance. Now it’s the opposite. I get terrible anxious thought loops on it and my anger comes back x10 when I’m coming down. I also never feel like doing anything after smoking anymore and get couch locked. None of this was an issue when I was younger so I suppose it’s just changes in brain chemistry, not circumstantial.

never really got along with weed so maybe this is bias but I really do think it’s gotta do with your mental state. I bought a pen once and had a really fun 2 days vaping, and on the 3rd day it kind of went to shit like it usually does for me, and I think the trigger was legitimately just a thought: “I’m wasting my time doing this.” Then anxiety about my how I go about my days turned the high into a nightmare, it could literally just be as simple as a light stressor turning you off of it.

never really got along with weed so maybe this is bias but I really do think it’s gotta do with your mental state.

That's definitely a big part of it, but you also have to consider the possibility of "burned out" neuroreceptors after an extended, long-term habit (i'm a total layman so please forgive the word choice.)

Others have mentioned brain chemistry and I think that's on the mark too, at least in terms of cannabinoid receptors that might just get over-used and start fucking up after a while. like a glitch in the system or something.

idk, i'm not an expert and I'm a little drunk per usual, but it just seems like this type of thing is a natural extension of developing a tolerance over a LONG period of time. Even without addiction, there's still the potential for changes in how the brain (and it's neurotransmitters and neuroreceptors) work after long-term exposure to activators of those receptors-- i think that means drugs but hey, like i said, i don't know man

Weed over the years increased percentage of THC. This tends to cause increased anxiety, paranoia, sometimes even psychosis. This is found in research, not anecdotal.

CBD calms effect of THC producing proper weed experience. I suggest buying CBD and adding it to weed. This brought back weed for me.

Weed over the years increased percentage of THC. This tends to cause increased anxiety, paranoia, sometimes even psychosis. This is found in research, not anecdotal.

CBD calms effect of THC producing proper weed experience. I suggest buying CBD and adding it to weed. This brought back weed for me.
That’s interesting that it worked for you. I have been thinking about CBD lately

I think a huge part of why more and more people react badly to weed is because most strains keep getting overbred with ridiculous amounts of THC.
Today's weed feels more like a psychedelic than a relaxing herb that I used to smoke back in the 90s.

Also, I noticed that many (including myself) who start enjoying opioids, begin to increasingly dislike cannabis because it tends to do the opposite of what opioids do. Opioids put a warm and fuzzy, rose-colored filter over your brain, thereby canceling out the awareness of anything that feels potentially painful to the mind (after all, opioids are not just physical painkillers, but also mental-emotional painkillers). Cannabis on the other hand often makes me feel mentally naked. It confronts me with negative stuff and makes me overly self-critical to the point where I become a self-loathing mess, and enter into this downward spiraling hole of social anxiety and paranoia. Weed feels like a waking fever dream to me.

This type of stuff did also happen back in the 90s but I remember how incredibly rare it was. Back in the day I used to roll a blunt, kick back and just relax, eating pizza and drinking some coke while watching Beverly Hills Cop II and laughing my ass off. These days however I immediately begin to feel uncomfortable as soon as I start to feel the effects of weed creep up on me.

Last edited:
Are you smoking or eating? I've found that as I got older I preferred eating more. Its less intense of a come up with less anxiety and I'm more functional, its also easier to control the dose so I don't go overboard like it's easy to with modern flower or concentrates

If pot gives you social anxiety, smoke only at home with good friends. That's where I am right now. I buy pot from people I have never smoked with.

Even when I was a serious pothead in the 70's and early 80's, smoking a lot every single day, I came to realize that it was a better to not smoke part of the day. I gave up smoking at work early on.
There are many good reasons for that and one is having time in your day to build new relationships.

This

If you are lucky enough to own a mighty vape or something similiar with capsules to put inside,
A little trick i learned was to pack a capsule out with a ripped off piece of rolling paper (like a bed so it dont drip into your heating element)

Then put a tiny bit of cbd isolate (Size of 1 grain or 2 of rice) in it, then add some thc bud .. set it to around 190c let it heat up to about 150c then drop the capsule it
Let it melt for a few seconds then start inhaling cranking it all the way up to 200c

Youll get a buzz but not experience the negatives this way and you easily give yourself a nice 1:1 ratio of cbd:thc
please note though there does seem to be a limit or a ceiling in that you cannot simply keep vaping that combination over and over without adverse effects because eventually the high thc intake will outweigh the benefits the cbd is giving you and you will then begin to experience the negatives

Last edited: