• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I don’t know if I can smoke weed anymore

No offense but how do you accidentally kill poppies?! They grow like weeds. I used to do poppy seed tea a lot and I once had them start sprouting up in a towel I used for straining and forgot. I used to throw them outside and they'd just pop up weeks later. And I wasn't even trying to grow them lol.
I tried indoors & left them too close to a grow light & the next day they had all fallen over & began shriveling up.
But even when I tried outside, they did sort of the same thing after awhile.

Eventually I stopped cause I live in an apt & maintenance/etc come around whenever.

I'm about the same age and in my 30's the same thing happened. I think it just happens with aging if you don't constantly smoke throughout your 30's

Yeah. I’m not sure if this actually happens.

I’ve never noticed any ill effects after years of abstinence or use. When I fish full time, I don’t smoke due to being in a drug testing consortium.
When I’m not actively using my license, I blaze.
Never had any of the aforementioned issues.

The only thing I can think of that may have had an impact on a person is body chemistry and how it changes as a person ages.

Yeah. I’m not sure if this actually happens.

I’ve never noticed any ill effects after years of abstinence or use. When I fish full time, I don’t smoke due to being in a drug testing consortium.
When I’m not actively using my license, I blaze.
Never had any of the aforementioned issues.

The only thing I can think of that may have had an impact on a person is body chemistry and how it changes as a person ages.

....You get drugtested to be a fisherman?

Commercial fishing? Like Deadliest Catch type of stuff? (I'm not trying to call you out, I'm just honestly surprised at the discrepancy between occupations)

The strain I have now (Gary Payton) is high in THCA and low in delta 9 THC and CBD, and I can noticeably smoke more and get higher without getting uncomfortable

Commercial fishing? Like Deadliest Catch type of stuff? (I'm not trying to call you out, I'm just honestly surprised at the discrepancy between occupations)

I’ll let him answer for himself but I’ve worked in the industry my entire life and no, they don’t drug test fishermen, at least not where I fish (consistently in the top 3 most successful ports in the USA in terms of the raw volume of seafood caught & processed there, and often number 1). If they did there probably wouldn’t be a commercial seafood industry at all lol. If your vessel is involved in an incident, like whoever was at the helm fell asleep and ran aground, then yes the coast guard will drug test everyone on board.

I’ll let him answer for himself but I’ve worked in the industry my entire life and no, they don’t drug test fishermen, at least not where I fish (consistently in the top 3 of most successful ports in the USA in terms of the raw volume of seafood caught & processed there, and often number 1). If they did there probably wouldn’t be a commercial seafood industry at all lol. If your vessel is involved in an incident, like whoever was at the helm fell asleep and ran aground, then yes the coast guard will drug test.

Thanks for the insight!

I never knew I was interested in this before.... but when I think of what my job entails? And the facts that I've never been drug-tested and only CAN BE if I give them cause (send somebody to the hospital or observed by no less than 3 people high/drunk at work), it just blows my mind some of the career fields that actually do regularly test.

I'm thinking it might be a license requirement, maybe in particular if you're going to be the operator of the vessel (and with a handle like @CaptnRon I'm 100% assuming you're at the.... wheel? Do ships still have those old pirate wheels to steer? [EDIT: HELM! At the helm! It came to me literally the second I saved my last comment....])

@Burnt Offerings , this makes you kind of intriguing, dude. I don't want you to answer, just want you to know that I'm racking my brains trying to figure out where you're from. I felt like you always gave off Florida vibes but now I'm thinking Pacific Northwest... and I don't want to seem like an expert at all, I'm straight up guessing. I would've went with New England but I've never seen you talk about clam chowder or ask anyone how they liked them apples.

Last edited:
Lol, I didn't even think about his name even though he made that post and his avi is him in a boat. Man...

Maybe my new strain does have side effects

Naw man, you're good. We're just too used to folks pretending to be something they're not online.

Fishermen, though?

They'll show you their boat real quick. Online or real life, doesn't matter.

I'd like to be proud of my career but I don't think I'll ever feel comfortable talking about it here until I retire.

Thanks for the insight!

I never knew I was interested in this before.... but when I think of what my job entails? And the facts that I've never been drug-tested and only CAN BE if I give them cause (send somebody to the hospital or observed by no less than 3 people high/drunk at work), it just blows my mind some of the career fields that actually do regularly test.

I'm thinking it might be a license requirement, maybe in particular if you're going to be the operator of the vessel (and with a handle like @CaptnRon I'm 100% assuming you're at the.... wheel? Do ships still have those old pirate wheels to steer? [EDIT: HELM! At the helm! It came to me literally the second I saved my last comment....])

@Burnt Offerings , this makes you kind of intriguing, dude. I don't want you to answer, just want you to know that I'm racking my brains trying to figure out where you're from. I felt like you always gave off Florida vibes but now I'm thinking Pacific Northwest... and I don't want to seem like an expert at all, I'm straight up guessing. I would've went with New England but I've never seen you talk about clam chowder or ask anyone how they liked them apples.

I’m from AK originally

Captain’s licenses are a thing but most people who operate commercial fishing vessels don’t have them, at least not where I’m from. The term “captain” is more of an informal term that simply refers to whoever happens to be running the vessel and calling the shots onboard, it doesn’t necessarily refer to that individual having passed any kind of specific licensure requirement or having any actual ownership in the vessel, as in many cases (to varying degrees based on the specific industry in question and how restrictive entry into that fishery is) the owner and the operator are two different people.

I’m from AK originally

Captain’s licenses are a thing but most people who operate commercial fishing vessels don’t have them, at least not where I’m from. The term “captain” is more of an informal term that simply refers to whoever happens to be running the vessel and calling the shots onboard, it doesn’t necessarily refer to that individual having passed any kind of specific licensure requirement or having any actual ownership in the vessel, as in many cases (to varying degrees based on the specific industry in question and how restrictive entry into that fishery is) the owner and the operator are two different people.

ohhhhhh my god, this is PERFECT

a day or two ago I stumbled across some weird internet shit pertaining to Alaska

Specifically, the Ircenrraat:

Thoughts, questions, comments? This shit was kind of chilling to watch around 3am as I was trying to fall asleep

Thanks for the insight!

He might be from NY he told me to "fuhhhhgedddaboutit" the other day

a day or two ago I stumbled across some weird internet shit pertaining to Alaska

Thoughts, questions, comments? This shit was kind of chilling to watch around 3am as I was trying to fall asleep

That thumbnail is enough to drive any sane human away at this time of the evening

That thumbnail is enough to drive any sane human away at this time of the evening

Ohhhhh man.... It's 11pm on a Saturday for me.

I've got another 4 or 5 hours before voices like that make me call it a night.

For real, though, I think the Kushtaka might be worse:

I DON'T ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS SHIT, YOU GUYS

it's just fun to play around with. like watching Ancient Aliens

Last edited:
I tried indoors & left them too close to a grow light & the next day they had all fallen over & began shriveling up.
But even when I tried outside, they did sort of the same thing after awhile.

Eventually I stopped cause I live in an apt & maintenance/etc come around whenever.
thanks for answering, that makes total sense

lol I had a buddy who was Yup’ik but he never told me about that before. It’s a beautiful place (Alaska), bit out of the way but definitely check it out if you ever get a chance

The deckhands likely don’t, depending on the operation and insurance.

But all the Captains, commercial or charter, need to be in a USCG compliant drug testing consortium. Also, on charter boats, all crew ( captain, deckhands, mates etc) must be in a random testing consortium.

There are a few variables however. The commercial crabber running a 30’ boat is likely not carrying a ticket.
The guy running a 200’ seiner or whatever is most definitely a licensed operator.
The guys taking you on a fishing or cruising charter, everyone besides the customers needs to be drug tested and the operator needs to have the proper licenses.

For anyone wondering, I do hold a 100 ton masters license with multiple endorsements. ( open oceans and towing)

Last edited:
R0au6yp.jpeg

Bout to hit dis spliff before I get on the bus hope I don't wig out. Lol