• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How bad is PCP for you

first off, weed can be quite psychedelic at high doses. a heavy dose of a strong strain can feel VERY similar to lower doses of traditional psychedelics(LSD, shrooms). however, weed can't put you in a "void" like PCP, DXM, or ketamine. ime the most weed can do is trip you out like a low shroom or acid dose(and i've smoked A LOT of weed).

as for how bad dust is for you- its not as bad as it's reputation makes it out to be and really isn't worse for you than DXM or ketamine, but it is(along with other dissociatives) more toxic than psychedelics like LSD.

lol... do you know who you are talking to?! THE KING. I had access to a HUGE amount of strains over my smoking period. The very fact that you say "WEED DEPRIVES YOU OF NO SENSES" already proves you're a fucking stupid asshole... man I'm off this site. Do you even realize that weed IS a hallucinogen to begin with?

Oh, one last thing... if weed deprives you of no senses, I wonder why I got visual and auditory distortions for a month on at least two occasions, and yes I know laced weed when I smoke it.

weed is a mild hallucinogen, likely the weakest psychedelic there is. but weed is a psychedelic, and psychedelics enhance senses, they deprive your senses.

"laced" weed is very rare, but i'm not going to open that can of worms now...

and calling somebody a "stupid fucking asshole" is uncalled for, just because you have a different opinion doesn't mean you can throw out rude insults. and you are not the king, I AM... i've forgot more things about weed than you'll ever WISH to know. i first smoked weed in fifth grade and i'm now 26 yrs. old, if anybody is going to claim me it damn well better be me...

First: The main point...

...Weed still deprives you of no senses. Judgment is not a sense.

Secondly: Distortion IS NOT deprivation.

LSD for example is a hallucinogen, It DISTORTS NOT DEPRIVES.

Third: Weed is not a dissociative. Weed is a hallucinogen, I'll give you one cool point for that correct knowledge.

you are the one with the incorrect knowledge... 0 points.
and 2. weed does deprive you of senses, I NEVER SAID JUDGMENT
3. ALL hallucinogens cause a sort (very different) of sensory deprivation, that's why they are hallucinogens. But if you believe what the hippies say about LSD, I guess you are right. It's not sensory deprivation... not even sensory distortion. It's sensory enhancement. lol

psychedelics(including weed)= sensory enhancement

dissociatives(NOT weed)= sensory deprivation

hallucinogen= a substance that alters consciousness, not just deprives

LOL, It just stuns me how he processed his logic to make sense of the fact.

I have been a heavy user of weed for years now, and not one time did I lose contact with reality, or reach the edge of my imagination.

yeah he must get some MAJOR placebo from weed lol.

1. The scientific community does not say that
2. Psychedelics produce the ILLUSION of sensory enhancement.
They do the opposite.
3. THC has psychedelic and dissociative properties

4. you are a stupid asshole

^You guys should chill out. Not only is it off topic but it's pretty clearly a pointless argument. You are right by the way psychedelic jay, but I really don't think it's worth pursuing, at least not in such a heated way.

In response to the OP-

If by "bad for you" you mean neurotoxicity, here's what wikipedia has to say about it, it's fairly straightforward I think. PCP is an NMDA antagonist, as are ketamine and DXM. I believe PCP to be more neurotoxic then DXM and a bit more neurotoxic then ketamine. Also, a note about Olney's lesions, DXM doesn't cause them at any dose (in rats), I'm not sure about Ketamine or PCP. It would be kinda silly to compare the toxicity of PCP to the toxicity of crack and meth. They cause different kinds of brain damage and pose different physical threats. If you're going to compare the toxicity of PCP to another drug, compare it to another NMDA antagonist.-

Exposure to NMDA receptor antagonists may cause serious brain damage in the cingulate cortex and retrosplenial cortex regions of the brain, but evidence towards this hypothesis is not very strong at the moment. The experimental NMDA receptor antagonist MK-801 has been shown to cause neural vacuolization in test rodents that later develop into irreversible lesions called "Olney's Lesions."[19][20] Many drugs have been found that lessen the risk of neurotoxicity from NMDA receptor antagonists. Centrally acting alpha 2 agonists such as clonidine and guanfacine are thought to most specifically target the etiology of NMDA neurotoxicity. Other drugs acting on various neurotransmitter systems known to inhibit NMDA antagonist neurotoxicity include: anticholinergics, diazepam, barbiturates,[21] ethanol,[22] 5-HT2A serotonin agonists,[23] and muscimol.[24]

NO PSYCHELEDIC JAY IS WRONG!!!
and those two dummies kept assuming things I said that just weren't true...and assuming things that weren't true PERIOD. maybe theyve taken too many drugs or something but all three of you fucking suck my dick cause noone else will. and I took drugs too so I'm like you but in a different way. obviously one of us is still lucid enough to know. Its like with psychedelics... it's not about knowing... because you just KNOW. theres a difference between knowing and KNOWING

knowing is when you've done research, you haven't done drugs, and have evidence to say that something is true for a fact, a known fact.

KNOWING is when you just know, you just understand. It's not knowing... it's KNOWING.

choice number two can suck my dick, choice number one is my way to go... but unfortunately I did drugs and its like nooo now I'm in the same group as all of you. I should NEVER have tried drugs... now I'll be labeled by ignorant people like yourselves... for being an ex drug addict... thanks guys :(

no, its not just because of that. It's because you said things about what I said, but I did not. See, you just MISINTERPRETED ME AGAIN!

whether I'm high or not has nothing to do with this conversation.

I was just saying that like, you said that I said certain things which I didn't say, kind of like being ignorant... know what I mean...

Wats this thread about? something about pcp right? Couldnt tell. Lord and Jay just stop please. Ill help. Jay wins Lord you lose. Reason being Jay provided sources to his argument. Lord you just kept saying the same thing but in different words. Now smoke a bowl...well jay you smoke a bowl and relaxe. Lord you smoke a bowl and go on the edge of your imagenation...

450mg is a 2nd/3rdish plateu dose. So I call BS....

Weed has no void....
Weed is a mild drug... You can't overdose on weed, But, PCP, DXM AND KETAMINE CAN KILL YOU!!!
YOU CANNOT HOLE OUT ON WEED!!!! Not gonna happen buddy... -_-

LOL I have a horribly low weed tolerance... and I do fall into a "hole" of some sort... a void... just nothing.. I Use it for sleep. If I smoke during the day it's pointless. My body reacts to weed in a weird way though. It is completely disassociative most of the time for me.. on the few occasions that it's not it's completely enjoyable around people... but if I get in one of my "moods"... "voids" whathaveyou... I am gone.

However PCP can be fun and I think everyone should try it once or twice.

To answer the OP:

The evidence is that ketamine and many other NMDA-receptor antagonists that have been tested in humans, cause an acute disturbance in neural circuitry that leads to psychotic manifestations. These same drugs cause the same disturbance in neural circuitry in rats and when we look at their brains we see evidence for physical neuronal injury. Since no one has looked at the brains of humans immediately after administering these drugs, we do not know whether the physical neuronal injury occurs.
—John Olney: As quoted on Wikipedia

You are on something...

You are not making any sense?

You must be high right now... Your logic is going in circles.

I have inadvertently helped you fuck up this thread are you happy?

Yes. Very happy. Because you dont deserve to live.