• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Health trivia: Did you know? (Add yours)

why would someones skin randomly, and distinctively smell very strong of copper and lead?
along with the taste in mouth ...

ohhh
, ketones and insulin shock,,, yes indeed, ive been complaining about this, and all the other diagnostic symptoms for a while now...

diabetes-1 is an auto immune d/o, dont you know?

and having a seronegative-spondoathropy(sp?!?) is prime works for that.

also, 60% of all 'inert physical ailments' are auto-immune d/o's.

^i searched it and i couldnt find anything worth bumping.

but ill admit i learned a shitton of info about aspartame :D

Huh, maybe that was the one I was thinking of. :p Sorry!

Not relating to health exactly but I found this tidbit interesting (too bad I can't remember the exact percentage 8)):

Did you know that <a large percentage> of fruits and vegetables never make it to our grocery stores? We are so picky as consumers that the majority, because they wouldn't be bought anyways, go directly towards animal feed or fertilizer.

Did you know that <a large percentage> of fruits and vegetables never make it to our grocery stores? We are so picky as consumers that the majority, because they wouldn't be bought anyways, go directly towards hot dog meat.
Fixed.;)

Well, technically speaking, if the fruits/vegetables end up going to animal feed, then yeah, it will probably eventually find its way into hot dogs. :p

Well, technically speaking, if the fruits/vegetables end up going to animal feed, then yeah, it will probably eventually find its way into hot dogs. :p
It's like a Fermi question I was once told about how many oxygen molecules that were once a part of Einstein's body are in a cup of water you might drink. Then you assume perfect mixing and estimate a bunch of volumes and you get some huge number like tens of millions (note that there are 6.2x10^23 molecules in a mol of course).

Last edited:
Vitamin C can increase oxytocin levels
So can helping someone

It's like a Fermi question I was once told about how many oxygen molecules that were once a part of Einstein's body are in a cup of water you might drink. Then you assume perfect mixing and estimate a bunch of volumes and you get some huge number like tens of millions (note that there are 6.2x10^23 molecules in a mol of course).
That's b.c the universe recycles everything. Nothing is wasted it just turns into a different form of energy either here on earth or on another planet

Did you know the plant containing the most nicotine next to tobacco is eggplant?

Last edited:
dude you know that poppySeeds are one of the most perfect things you can eat, even if only a few tbsp a day..?
this is a link with info, and a very good "nutritional fact & analysis" site -

6.2x10^23 -amapola
Wolfmans_BrothEr says
" That's b.c. the universe recycles everything. Nothing is wasted it just turns into a different form of energy either here on earth or on another planet "

kinda like this*???

^is that a bubble imploding?

It doesn't matter what it is, all matter is reused. When you burn wood, the energy transfers from the wood to the heat and smoke. Have you ever noticed how ashes just disintegrate if you rub them in your hand? Nothing ever disappears in the universe, as far as we know...

^You might find Hawking Radiation interesting. In so much as you can compare a black hole to an expanding universe. But let's not throw off the thread.

Did you know...there was a guy who got kicked in the head by a horse or something in some third world country and now doesn't require sleep. He never feels tired, never sleeps, and has not shown any other negative effects from it. He spends all night guarding goats.

Last edited:
Wolfmans_BrothEr: :
^is that a bubble imploding?

yes
;-D
its a dropuda-luV
~!!!

---
did you know?
" ... using biotechnology to improve the healthfulness of the milk of dairy animals, by introducing the beneficial properties of human milk into dairy animals ...
... that this procedure could be used to produce lysozyme-rich powdered milk, and eventually transgenic dairy goat herds for developing nations
- "
University of California - Davis, via EurekAlert!

^
around 60% i see, women are made up of a bit less "water" then men, we start out as infants with 45%, and go back to the same as we age.

our bodies water content can be tested by taking a breath sample, or by sending an electrical current through us to measure...

i did not know this.

;-D

"Hawking Radiation" is interesting,,, watched a series about it last night - the theory has been introduced n basic literature everywhere - it seems - and not challenging it with our intellect, and observing until insight will probably be the only way to do anything about it.

did you know?
a serious consideration is applying cockAroach genes to ours, so that we might be able to survive the radiation in deep space..?
):-x

^
yes, and whether we like it or not...
haha

Did you know

From the 1920's-50's shoe stores would carry x-ray machines so customers could get the "best fit for their health". In present time someone who works with radiation isn't allowed any more exposure than 5 rems a year, the machines in these stores produced 20-75 rems per minute

:-x
did you know?

The average human generates around 100 watts on an average day.

so how many in how long to turn-on a light bulb??
haha