• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Health trivia: Did you know? (Add yours)

^ No biggie--It's good for laughs. Let's try and post only things we know are true--Not ones we read on some Ordinary Joe's website. No offense, as this goes for anyone reading this. :)

BTW, do you know if your other ones are true, or did you just find those around on the Interwebz?

That site doesn't exactly scream legitimate, but meh, whatever--Juuust trying to keep the thread from going to the shitter with other "facts" that I can see other people posting. 8)

Lol, I guess I could lower it a little. I still don't like seeing good threads go to the shitter. 8)

did you know in an average lifetime the body exerts more energy than an atomic bomb

did you know water speeds up your metabolism

did you know using metal or brushes on teflon pans slowly removes the teflon and becomes toxic to the body

did you know that the first hit of cannibus relaxes every muscle in the body

did you know in an average lifetime the body exerts more energy than an atomic bomb

did you know water speeds up your metabolism

did you know using metal or brushes on teflon pans slowly removes the teflon and becomes toxic to the body

did you know that the first hit of cannibus relaxes every muscle in the body

I always thought the teflon thing was an urban legend...

^ Where do you think the teflon goes when you're cooking and it's suddenly not on the pan anymore? :p It goes into your body. Or are you talking about the harmful effects of teflon? That I don't know much about other than it cannot be good for you to be ingesting it.

^I guess both, and you make a good point.

And I have no idea what the ill effects of teflon ingestion are (I first typed "teflon use", wow, Bluelight...)

Worth researching, I would think ;)

^ Tight muscles are a physical symptom of anxiety.

This one won't. I will take the time at some point to find you a earwax medical reference.
I feel this one easily could if people were posting whatever they thought was a fact without the chance of being challenged. I mean, some people believe you can die from drinking more than 100oz of water in a day. You can die from drinking that much water all at once, but in a day? Come on. Many people would be dead by now.

Annnd I actually sent the website an inquiry as to the source of their fact, so if you want to hold off your research, maybe they'll get back to me. :p Watch, they'll link to something like their own site. 8)

^^ ok but doesn't anxiety originate in the brain, and the person voluntarily tightens their muscles even if they don't realize it?

I don't think anxiety causes involuntary muscle contractions wouldn't that be a muscle spasm or seizure?

^ Lol, I have no idea, to be honest. I just know that anxiety causes tightened muscles--Whether the person voluntarily does it but doesn't know s/he's doing it is another question. ;)

^^ ok but doesn't anxiety originate in the brain, and the person voluntarily tightens their muscles even if they don't realize it?

I don't think anxiety causes involuntary muscle contractions wouldn't that be a muscle spasm or seizure?

did you know magnesium can help relax your muscles?:D

did you know: it is quite difficult to live healthily in London, as personal well-being is often disregarded as important

so much added sugar to so many foods, often even those marketed as "healthy"
food additives, GM fruit, e numbers, cheap unrefined oils can be found is a great variety of foods at your local supermarket
unethically and unhealthily sourced animals are treated like factories and are very commonly available
value-for-money is often seen as more important then quality of food
the legal drugs, alcohol and tobacco, have a higher potential to harm ones health then help it
laziness is socially acceptable; westerners are notoriously fat excessive and unhealthy
air pollution, dodgy plastics, car fumes, weird treatment chemicals in water, overpowerful cleaning products, factory pollutants

the list is endless

"god's fucked up little experiment?"

in some ways i think the only way to stay happy and healthy is try to notice all the good things in the world instead of the bad

Last edited: