• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Has the shroom season begun? UK Mushy Mushy!

Aye, I agree. If you're really set on taking them, then by all means go picking at first fruiting but you'll spend a bit more time reaching your quota. The last couple of weeks before fruiting ends is, not surprisingly, usually the best time. I also have this superstition (that may be empirically true) that leaving them alone in the early weeks is good for next year's harvest.

F.U.B.A.R. said:

are they white? daft question i know. but if so they may be springtails or 'snowfleas'

they seem to inhabit every bit of outside vegetation. had an aversion to the fuckers ever since my last grow when a

few of them infiltrated my organic pots of loveliness & due presumably to lack of predation - quickly escalted to an

- albeit potbound - infestation of nightmarish proportions. lights would go on & the compost would be literally crawling

Last edited by a moderator:
are they white? daft question i know. but if so they may be springtails or 'snowfleas'

No, they're tiny little black fuckers. When I say 'fleas', I don't know if they really are but they can't half jump! They seem to be more prevalent in mushies picked from fields containing livestock.

ever since, bein as i still keep orchids, weeping figs, cacti n all that jazz
im sketchy as fuck on stuff i bring inside

well youre right that does sound like fleas (i wouldnt know, naturally ;p)

springtails jump like fuck too
orrible cunts

I've never tried mushrooms. Maybe one day. Only thing that puts me off is I've heard nausea/upset stomach is quite common which you don't get with LSD. I can get liquid extract which is supposedly nausea free, however I'm not 100% sure that it isn't a research chemical, however friends said it was a lovely trip so probably is somewhat harmless)
Also heard that LSD is like being in the driving seat (i.e. you're kind of in control) but mushrooms you're in the back seat experiencing a wild ride. However maybe I'll start with a small dose (effects described as being stoned) and go from there.

I never suffered with bad guts from mushrooms myself - but I think it has a lot to do with drying them out properly and ditching any that look slightly rotten. I've seen many people put them in a bag after picking and just leave them. Invariably they turn into a stinking black mass of rotten mushrooms, bits of grass and soil, maggots and insects - no wonder they get gutrot! As soon as possible after picking, they should be sorted through to remove any dodgy looking ones and other crap, then laid out individually on a sheet of absorbent paper and left to dry for a few days. This should minimise any stomach issues. Making a brew out of them helps as well.

Also, drying in this manner let's all the critters vacate the caps before you ingest them. The paper you dry them on is always peppered with dried out maggots and other critters where they've tried to make a run for it.

Last edited:
I didn't see any while I was walking around the north of Exmoor a couple of weekends ago. Geographically speaking, it seemed like there should have been some pretty good spots around there (there are/were certainly some good places a few miles to the east of where I was walking) but the weather was a bit on the warm side, I think. I wasn't going out of my way to look for them but I was keeping my eyes peeled.

The closest I saw was a *single* one of those mushrooms that are a similar size and shape to libs and tend to pop up around the same time and places but with a cap covered in vertical lines and no 'nipple'. Other than that I saw what might have been a fly agaric but I wasn't too sure as it was a much deeper red than I remember them being and it had no spots.

I never suffered with bad guts from mushrooms myself - but I think it has a lot to do with drying them out properly and ditching any that look slightly rotten. I've seen many people put them in a bag after picking and just leave them. Invariably they turn into a stinking black mass of rotten mushrooms, bits of grass and soil, maggots and insects - no wonder they get gutrot! As soon as possible after picking, they should be sorted through to remove any dodgy looking ones and other crap, then laid out individually on a sheet of absorbent paper and left to dry for a few days. This should minimise any stomach issues. Making a brew out of them helps as well.

Also, drying in this manner let's all the critters vacate the caps before you ingest them. The paper you dry them on is always peppered with dried out maggots and other critters where they've tried to make a run for it.

I've found that they can still go black and rotten when laid out like this. A fan blowing very lightly over them, when laid out, does the job each time. They'll feel mostly dry overnight, just give them a little turn and do the other side. All the little worms with evacuate, as you say. Tis' not nice seeing them clinging to the saucepan when making tea!

I think that pretty much sums it up mate. It's not 'Mushroom season' until you come home from a days picking with at least a thousand in yer pocket...

Yeah, might go back later in the month. I have about 30 usable shrooms (which tbf is 2 comfortable trips for a lightweight like me, especially since most of specimens are a decent size). I picked more, but wasn't 100% sure of some of them again when I got them home and I also wanted to stamp a few into my lawn. (This has worked before, but I would leave them alone for a few years if they come up this time so as they can establish properly.) At least I know where to look now...

Yeah, might go back later in the month. I have about 30 usable shrooms (which tbf is 2 comfortable trips for a lightweight like me, especially since most of specimens are a decent size). I picked more, but wasn't 100% sure of some of them again when I got them home and I also wanted to stamp a few into my lawn. (This has worked before, but I would leave them alone for a few years if they come up this time so as they can establish properly.) At least I know where to look now...

Aaw, come on man... Even the lightest of lightweights can't get two trips out of 30 shrooms. I'm a skinny cunt, but my sweet spot is 80 dried libs. Push the envelope a little and you will be seriously rewarded.

Aaw, come on man... Even the lightest of lightweights can't get two trips out of 30 shrooms. I'm a skinny cunt, but my sweet spot is 80 dried libs. Push the envelope a little and you will be seriously rewarded.

Welllllllllll....first, set and setting. Second, depends on how those shrooms are prepared.

Look, I'll go along with fifteen being lightweight. But I've had more than one thirty shroom trip knock me off my arse and yes, I'm a professional. Eighty is not average, not for anyone, unless you are doing it wrong. My strongest mushroom trip involved 300+ in tea, which we then forgot about and left to brew for aggggeeeeesssssssss - then divided by three and had to fight off Hackney youth coming in through the windows with fire sticks. This actually happened, no hallucination. Mate actually lost his flat and his place in London that night.

Welllllllllll....first, set and setting. Second, depends on how those shrooms are prepared.

Look, I'll go along with fifteen being lightweight. But I've had more than one thirty shroom trip knock me off my arse and yes, I'm a professional. Eighty is not average, not for anyone, unless you are doing it wrong. My strongest mushroom trip involved 300+ in tea, which we then forgot about and left to brew for aggggeeeeesssssssss - then divided by three and had to fight off Hackney youth coming in through the windows with fire sticks. This actually happened, no hallucination. Mate actually lost his flat and his place in London that night.

Never mind the Mushroom debate SHM, your story sounds loads better than how many mushrooms constitutes a 'trip'.

Just want to add that I spent two mushroom seasons regularly 'tripping' on 40 dried libs. Until the day I thought the 40 weren't working, so necked another 40 - then I realised what 'tripping' really meant.