• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Has the shroom season begun? UK Mushy Mushy!

In the north of Ireland and I just spotted the first little groupings in my neighbour's garden today. It's never a viable picking spot but is always a good sign of when the bountiful gardens a few streets down have started to fruit. It must be done with more tact this time as an angry mob formed on my final harvest last season. We clocked them when they were a wee bit away and as we were leaving they shouted, ''Come back tae fuck!'' :D

^^^
Where are you Don, I am in Sligo, very little rain recently here by autumnal standards, though there were showers last night, temperatures remain as high as August. Our season never really kicks off until October but you can get enough for a couple of trips in September, by which time you expect the woodland edibles to be in fine flush.

I'm up near the coast in Co.Derry. I've yet to check my best gardens yet but I will be dandering past there tonight so I'll have a look. I haven't been in the woods for a couple of weeks but there were plenty of mushrooms about during that visit. I've also seen a few decaying Amanitas about, but have no intention of harvesting Amanitas..certainly not rotten ones.

It's been suitably damp up here in Cheshire recently, gonna head up to the Moors next week to check it out.

Mushy Mushy!

Just been for a stroll and came across these. Not 100% with mushrooms, so wanted to double check. I'm not convinced due to how many are clumped together..

20150921_181506.jpg

20150921_181520.jpg

20150921_181532.jpg

Nope. Definitely not Libbies (or any other psychedelic variety). Having said that, just to point out that we generally try to avoid mushroom ID threads as it can be a little iffy. AFAIK there are no toxic varieties that closely resemble psychedelic varieties but it's not a mistake we'd like to make for obvious reasons.

They look like a paneolus. You have to be much more careful with woodland mushrooms compared to the pasture species. P Semicilata are exclusive to pasture and pretty much unmistakeable due to their "wizard" cap with a pronounced nipple and wavy stem.

It's been suitably damp up here in Cheshire recently, gonna head up to the Moors next week to check it out.

Sightings are still fairly light up on the moors of Yorkshire / Lancashire.

Seen a few lone warriors but no big groups. It's been very dry a lot of the reservoirs are low, big temperature fluctuations so maybe it's a bit late this year.

I went to my favourite (only) known shroom field in Buxton today and it looks like some fucker beat me to it :(

It took over an hour to scrape 50 together from the ones they missed...

Still, better than nowt!

I was talking to a mate about the place where Sham and I once went looking. He says that it's all the bastard early rising dog walkers that get them there. I actually think he may have a point! We both know the area pretty well. Oh well, it was a lovely walk in the country side with my Sham, so not all was lost. Much gained.

Good luck in the future and happy hunting.

xxxxxx

Aye, certainly better than nowt, and you're correct that time spent walking in the countryside, however fruitless, is not lost. I've got to the age now where I enjoy the ritual of 'shrooming' more than I do taking them - I've not had any mushies for a good decade now, but I like to keep some in stock 'just in case'.

I also suspect it's these pesky dogwalkers that are getting all the rich pickings. In fact, I reckon that's the only reason some of them have dogs. I bet that for 11 months of the year, the poor hounds have to put up with being grudgingly dragged to the nearest lampost and back as a half-arsed attempt at 'walkies', but come September, they suddenly find themselves running free in the fields every morning...

^^ This too is what I Imagine to be the case! ^^

The place we go is well known but rather out of the way so there must be some seriously dedicated druggies out there ( we all know there are this rare breed ) Or, it is in fact the fucking dog walkers that only come one time a year to walkies their pooches for some amazing finds.

Mibbe some have trained them to sniff out liberties much as they do with dogs and truffles! SUS!!! :sus: ;)

I've never had a successful shroom hunt sadly ....

ONE DAY! I tells thee one day!

50 is enough, i have had a strong trip off 30 shrooms picked at the right time. The countryside certainly is looking very very shroomy at the moment round my way, just on the point of turning to full on autumn.

I still prefer the convenience of 4-HO-MET to eating / drinking a fistfull of soggy fungi :) natures bounty though, it is a very serendipitous thing to be enjoyed by those who partake :)

http://www.ancient-wisdom.com/eleusianmysteries.htm

eleusian fields indeed.

^^ This too is what I Imagine to be the case! ^^

The place we go is well known but rather out of the way so there must be some seriously dedicated druggies out there ( we all know there are this rare breed ) Or, it is in fact the fucking dog walkers that only come one time a year to walkies their pooches for some amazing finds.

Mibbe some have trained them to sniff out liberties much as they do with dogs and truffles! SUS!!! :sus: ;)

I've never had a successful shroom hunt sadly ....

ONE DAY! I tells thee one day!

Aye, one day you will find the motherlode fer sure. It deffo seems that the ol' Liberty Caps are getting rarer these days, presumably through a combination of poor picking technique which can destroy the mycelium and liberal use of fungicides. Go back 30 years and they could be found on every town sports field, park, golf course, many gardens and even grass verges. Hell, once there was a time I found it difficult to go more than a few paces without tripping over them. Our local park used to be a sea of little pointy heads at this time of year. Alas, the days of the urban variety seem to be long gone, which is a shame because they were much cleaner than their wild upland cousins which are always infested with maggots and fleas. I've just had to ditch half of what I got yesterday because of those goddamn critters.

50 is enough, i have had a strong trip off 30 shrooms picked at the right time. The countryside certainly is looking very very shroomy at the moment round my way, just on the point of turning to full on autumn.

I still prefer the convenience of 4-HO-MET to eating / drinking a fistfull of soggy fungi :) natures bounty though, it is a very serendipitous thing to be enjoyed by those who partake :)

http://www.ancient-wisdom.com/eleusianmysteries.htm

eleusian fields indeed.

Yeah there's definitely a misconception among some circles that one needs to take over one hundred. 30 usually provide a decent, very enjoyable trip for me, whereas I'd barely feel 25 usually. 50 would actually be quite a strongish trip for me. I've never taken more than ~70-80. I shall be doing a big pick in a couple of weeks with a friend, to keep us going through winter, so I think I shall combine some with the last of my 1p-LSD.

Ah, a fellow Cheshire cat I see...

Lemme guess - Wilmslow?

I've been hunting up the hills between Macc and Buxton yesterday and today; got fuck all except about 30 maggot and flea infested sorry looking libs. Not much about yet by the looks of it, though I suspect one field had already been cleaned out because I found a few non-psychoactive specimens which had been picked then dropped again.

Tbh, I've always had much more success shrooming in October - September's normally quite warm and dry and I think it takes the onset of autumn proper for them to flourish.