• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Has 2ce ever kicked your ass?

Next time, I plan to take 20mg.
Following up on my post on page 2, I took 20mg a couple of days ago.
Despite the warnings given to me I left the experience feeling very disappointed. No ass kicking to be seen. If anything, it made me realise that PEAs are just not for me and that tryptamines provide everything I seek in a psychedelic experience.

I took 25mg diphenhydramine 30 minutes before to counter the nausea which worked a charm. Throughout the day I did not seem to find the characteristic psychedelic mindset that I have come to expect from LSD. I remained clear headed and there was not much activity.
The body load and vasoconstriction were constant problems for me where the capillaries in my hands felt like they were burning, and holding a cold glass bottle of water was the only thing which allowed me to not notice it. My chest felt heavy and my heart felt dangerously strained.

The first hour was probably the most rewarding while I was lying in bed with my eyes closed. My mind did go into strange scenarios and I saw things which did not make sense but nothing that made me feel like I was experiencing something meaningful. Perhaps the only insight I received was that I personally was never going to leave this planet, which was a striking realisation due to my fascination of the cosmos and science fiction.

My philosopher mind did not make an appearance unlike on tryptamines. I trip for the intellectual overdrive, which sadly was not present. If anything it felt as if my mind was tired and it just wanted to switch off. I spent the day reading a book because my mind was not willing to formulate its own ideas.

The whole thing was more like me having to deal with the experience rather than enjoying it. It was scary and unpleasant because of the body load. I couldn't walk steady I was just uncoordinated. LSD always fills me with life and every movement I do screams of vitality. Phenethylamines make me feel ill and drugged out. A chore.

It only became partially interesting once I smoked a joint with it. However, this potentiated my chest and heart qualms.

I came to think of the relationship between tryptamines and phenethylamines as such (at least personally):

Tryptamine is the yin of the psychedelic experience while phenethylamine is the yang. LSD, being both tryp and PEA, provides a full psychedelic experience for me because of the mental trip combined with the stimulation. I found that 2CE was more forceful in its "feel good" qualities where I was feeling pleasure. Tryptamines on the other hand make me feel a deeper level of happiness as I am shown the reality of my life and how good it is. It comes back to the relationship between amphetamine and the release of serotonin, I assume. MDMA always felt forced and artificial in the way it made me feel pleasure over happiness.

I found PEAs to be body focussed while tryptamines are mind focussed. 2CE acted in a way which strengthened my ego while psilocybin completely dissolves it. Yin and yang.

Additionally, tryptamines are extremely effective in inducing mystical experiences in me while 2CE made me doubt the legitimacy of spirituality.

Everyone responds differently. Also, with 2C-E, it seems that people fall into 2 groups... some (like me) find 2C-E very intense and potent. I would never take more than 20mg, and in general I go for 18mg. This (my) group finds that it ramps up exponentially, as in, 20mg is a lot stronger than 18mg, which is a lot stronger than 16mg, and so on. But there are some people who seem to find it more linear and less potent. For some, they're dosing at like 30mg, and going to 35mg might only make it a little stronger. Not sure which group you're in, whether you're just dosing low for you or if maybe you just don't respond well.

Have you done other phenethylamines? If so, did you find them rewarding? If you have and you didn't, then you may be right that you just don't respond well to phenethylamines.

The first time consuming 2c-e, I couldn't see 3 meters in front of me because of all the after images. Al the times after that first time, were much less intense, and never came close to that first try. I don't know how many mg's I ate that first time.
I do know I will never ever combine it again with LSD. And never again combine LSD with another psychedelic for that matter, except for candyflipping. Why? Because I entered a dreamstate, ego-death and such. My body however, was still running, screaming, laughing, falling over etc. I would've walked over the edge of tall building and plunged to my death and not even notice it. I did not notice myself slipping into this state, just as you can't recall the precise moment you fall asleep.

Have you done other phenethylamines? If so, did you find them rewarding? If you have and you didn't, then you may be right that you just don't respond well to phenethylamines.
I've done 2CB a few times and have experienced the same physical issues, minus the nausea. 2CB has never really allowed me to venture deep into my mind and it presented itself as I described 2CE: full bodied and shallow in the mind. 20mg of 2CB does not provide much for me so I usually have to take 40mg. I find it produces heavy auditory hallucinations at this dose and it makes listening to music unenjoyable. It's also extremely easy to forget that I am tripping if I focus on anything.

I forgot to mention that 2CE did not act much at all on my visual cortex. In other words, there were no visuals apart from chromatic aberration type effects on object edges, and I did not see much at all when I closed my eyes. I'm used to my thoughts being projected onto my mind's eye while on tryptamines.

I am very slim with a fast metabolism, so perhaps this has a bearing on my body's intolerance for the compounds. The body load is a big no no.

My experience with just 10mg of 2CE was more rewarding than my 20mg experience. Maybe due to the body load being less pronounced, allowing me to focus more on the psychedelia. 20mg definitely had more presence but it wasn't cooperating with me. I can't imagine what a higher dose would do to my vehicle. As Terence McKenna said "find your ally".

So I guess phenethylamines just aren't my bag.

Wow, yeah, you react way differently than I do to both drugs. I can concur with you that 2C-B does not go deep, I have never had a trip that wasn't simply recreational on it (except when used in combination with something else). However I find it very enjoyable. And as for 2C-E, I find it tremendously deep, tryptamine-like in depth but from a different angle if that makes sense. And also phenomenally visual.

So yeah, I guess phenethylamines aren't your thing. Good to know, plenty of great trypts and lysergamides. :)

It is indeed interesting how different people react. 2C-E seems clearheaded to me too, but that just means that I can direct the trip easier in any direction I want, it's not lacking in any sense. It gives me precisely what you called "intellectual overdrive" whereas mushrooms for example are mostly about confusion and raw emotions.

Have you tried plugging it? That totally eliminates the bodyload for me.

I get a very clearheaded trip too, in the sense that I feel like a supercomputer or something. One time this led to the most cataclysmic ego destruction I have ever experienced, I hit on some sort of logic loop that deconstructed reality. It was terrifying and beautiful. Generally 2C-E has been much more earthy to me than tryptamines, but still powerfully psychedelic, like I said, from a different angle. It's certainly the most powerful phenethylamine I have tried.

Yes, first trip was 2c-e. Would have been awesome if not for the bodyload.

It gives me precisely what you called "intellectual overdrive" whereas mushrooms for example are mostly about confusion and raw emotions.

Yeah, my last 2C-E trip (15 mg, plenty for me) was mostly mental hyperactivity. I did lots of writing, recorded some musical ideas I worked on latter, very self analytical, I felt incredibly mentally sharp...

Goes to show drugs affect everyone differently :\

I took 18mgs last weekend, and had an amazing time! I've sampled this compound dozens of times about five years ago, but haven't dipped into the stash in at least 5 years. It was pretty nostalgic really, and easy going throughout. I've never had much of a body load at reasonable doses, and damn near reached a ++++ at 25mgs years ago.
The visuals were just as amazing as I remembered them to be. It was as if I was looking through a clear glass lense shaped like a feather, and through that feather shaped lense, all light was refracting as the lense slowly rotated - really beautiful! Glad this one stores well for long periods of time.

Hey guys i am still trying to gain enough courage and also get myself in the RIGHT MINDSET before i try 2ce for the first time. I have just a small 40 mg sample and plan on starting at 12 mgs?
Do you agree that is a good enough dose to get visuals? Im really doimg this for the visuals as 2cx compounds make the most beautiful Persian carpet patterns i have ever seen. Visuals more beautiful than lsd. Just extravagant.
But what i am wondering is woukd a relatively small dose of benzodiazepines (2mg kpins) will that just totally suck the psychedelia away like lsd. Or since its a pea and alittle stimulating will it cut through the benzos like a psych like D.O.C would do?
This thread probably is why i havnt taken it yet hearing some ass licking stories gives me quite a bit of anxiety and the kpins would help alot.
Thanks for any replys,
Nugz

The most "ass kicking" I ever got from 2C-E was on 12mg at a psytrance festival. But this was mostly because it was the first time experiencing this kind of bodyload and I did exactly the wrong thing, that is lying down and waiting to feel better and telling my friends who wanted to go dancing to leave me behind. Lying there in the sun I had nothing else to do but to concentrate on how crappy my body felt and that soon made me think about how I didn't like the music at all and how much I hated to have all those happy people around me... I guess you get the idea. In retrospect I am pretty sure that if I had just started spending some energy, like dancing or just walking around, that I would have felt much better in a matter of minutes.

So if you keep that in mind, that bodyload is mostly about energy that wants to be let out, I think 12mg is a good starting dose, but even 10mg gives a worthwhile if light trip imo. I don't think I ever got visuals from a dose that light, but I get very little of that in general, even with higher doses. I have no idea how it would interact with a benzo.

I have just a small 40 mg sample and plan on starting at 12 mgs?
I've seen 10mg as a typical recommended starting dose and it's best to test the waters before doing more. You have 40mg which gives you the possibility of working your way up afterwards.

I've seen 10mg as a typical recommended starting dose and it's best to test the waters before doing more. You have 40mg which gives you the possibility of working your way up afterwards.
Thanks man do you know if a benzo will kill the psychedelia like it does with lsd. I dont plan on taking them at the same time. It just i take 4mgs of clonazepam in the morning and it usually takes at least 24 hours after my last dose to get good effects from lsd.
But i do know its a pea and they are stimulants at heart so i figured 2c-e would cut though it just reading about jow strong its effects are.
Love any feedback,
Nugs

...do you know if a benzo will kill the psychedelia like it does with lsd...
I have no experience with benzos, sorry. I was under the impression that benzos dull the effects of most psychedelics, else I'm sure someone can correct me.

Yeah benzos dull psychedelics, I wouldn't say they kill them. But they will dull 2C-E also, like anything.

Yeah benzos dull psychedelics, I wouldn't say they kill them. But they will dull 2C-E also, like anything.

Although the extent of this is probably related to your benzo tolerance (aka if you have a large tolerance your normal dose shouldn't reduce the effects too much) and to the benzos binding profile (with highly selective anxiolytics (pyrazolam) being the least dulling). I don't have any proof for either claim so there's that. Anecdotally I have tripped with some benzos still being active in me and the dulling as well within acceptable levels. This is especially true for the trips done with a high benzo tolerance (I'm lucky in that my benzo tolerance drops back to baseline very fast even after what would be considered extreme abuse (many grams of a lot of good benzos (flam, fpam, clam, nlam, norflurazepam, ....) and not so good benzos (diclazepam (very shitty and boring as far as I'm concerned, almost as bad as lorazepam (some people love it but I've never gotten much from it)), deschloretizolam (a joke), etizolam (over rated imo), metizolam (same as etizolam), pyrazolam, alprazolam (also over rated imo), bromazepam (another bad one), ....) spread over a few months) as 10 mg flam made me a bit high, I realized that this is a bit pointless, stopped taking any benzos and 2 weeks later 2 mg diazepam had definite effects.... I wouldn't say it made me completely fucked up (but that's unlikely to happen even to a person who has never seen a benzo before and should be unnoticeable to someone who was only slightly high from 10 mg of flam 2 weeks before)) and that I don't really get addicted to them and can stop taking them without tapering with no adverse effects even though I should be in seizure land (the first time was very interesting as I kept waiting for the wds to start (I did have enough benzos on hand for a slow taper but I wanted to see how it feels to just stop) and waiting and waiting and waiting and nothing ever happened so I went to bed.... the rebound rem sleep the dreams from it were very nice)).

Also, anyone reading this should assume that they will get addicted to benzos, that their tolerance will drop slowly (and might never return to baseline)