NEMD Grateful Dead Appreciation Thread

Trey really did an outstanding job. Phil doesn't need to be singing so much. I wish Hornsby and Bobby would take over most of the vocals. Apparently that soulless cocksucker on reditt has posted tonight's setlist already. I'm gonna try to avoid reditt and my usual drug board for the next week.

Last night was so fucking good. Phil only sang a few songs, Hornsby sang more and both he and Chimenti were turned up louder in the mix. Trey continued to hold it down and they all just seemed more relaxed. This week is gonna be the slowest week of my life.

I hope they go off 4 you all CS .. I'm quite jealous watching my roomies jet set summer tour.. happy for him and green with envy as well.. gets home from the cali show after hitting a nice EC widespread dip.. and then jets off to chi town. I'm thinking it could be special..

1995-07-08

1995-07-08-GDC-13A-10-Grateful-Dead-Soldier-Field-Concert.jpg

PS.. you should def pick up a mod stick for NEMD%)

Last edited:
I hope they do too, brother.

Re: the mod spot. I did get a pm about it and I appreciate the offer, but I iust don't want any extra responsibility in my life right now. I'm a god damn busy chicken these days. I barely have time for my friends. Appreciate the offer though

Last night was so fucking good. Phil only sang a few songs, Hornsby sang more and both he and Chimenti were turned up louder in the mix. Trey continued to hold it down and they all just seemed more relaxed. This week is gonna be the slowest week of my life.

Agreed. Second night was definitely better than the first IMO. Might just be choice of songs (and my seat was WAY better on Sunday), but they seemed much more comfortable on Sunday and it showed. I felt like Chimenti really shined the 2nd night as well. Plus Brown-Eyed Woman is one of my favorite songs. Great shows, wonderful end to a great vacation.

Doing the pay per view tonight at a friends house. He's having a small house party. I am loading up the car with food, and I am blasting the Viola Lee Blues from last Sat so the whole neighborhood hears it. It's usually other people blaring pop or what not so it's my turn. :D. Feels great.

While I am one that knows the Grateful Dead ended 20 years ago, these shows will produce good music and I can almost feel and hear that ancient call to all Hipsters, Shamans and Pranksters. I forgot how good this felt. My first show was in 1979.

Doing the pay per view tonight at a friends house. He's having a small house party. I am loading up the car with food, and I am blasting the Viola Lee Blues from last Sat so the whole neighborhood hears it. It's usually other people blaring pop or what not so it's my turn. :D. Feels great.

While I am one that knows the Grateful Dead ended 20 years ago, these shows will produce good music and I can almost feel and hear that ancient call to all Hipsters, Shamans and Pranksters. I forgot how good this felt. My first show was in 1979.

Awesome brother. Very good to have you. Last night was incredible. I will tell more later, but they gave trey the keys last night and it worked.

I told stories with some of my best friends in the world who I do not see nearly enough until like 6am this morning complete with full belly laughs. This feels really good. Chicago is wonderful right now. Skyline was tie dyed, I'll post pics when I'm back in town. When they busted into help that deep in the second set I thought I was gonna have a stroke.

I cried during ripple, everyone did. Not a dry eye in the place.

So I'm teetering on going to bed or not. Here's where we are....I have been everywhere from rich high end sail boat paties to back alley rip off $10 a balloon nitrous parties and everything in between. Major success. Prolly gonna have to play through for this next show. I'm out of all powder drugs and have a shit load of L and pot
. This should end well.

Oh yea, the show was pure magic also

Anyone who thought the shows sounded good definitely ate too many drugs.

You're being dumb. They sounded amazing. Definitely had some serious trainwreck jams in just about every song but if you didn't expect that going into these shows you're absolutely retarded. Sorry you couldn't afford to go.

Sorry. That was mean. I'm just farting rainbows right now and just had the best 3 nights of my life. About to go check into a super swank hotel, eat a rich and important adult meal go to Cubs game and keep buttfucking this city until Thursday. I am so happy right now. I sat next to the kyndest old head last night. Around my parents age. Dude was crushing

drove down there with zero dollars and no tickets. still had a blast. =]

thank you to whoever had the stream going in lot B .