NEMD Grateful Dead Appreciation Thread

fuck, I couldn't get off tomorrow, bastards.
but should I call in sick?
it's gonna get me in trouble with work
and i might have to do it with the subway series (yankees vs mets)
I'm still gonna get vacation for the east coast shows John Mayer be damned
it's all good though
despite this being the farewell tour and all
I suspect they'll be another
money and all
if not there's DSO isn't there?

Roll call for northeast shows?

Despite John "your body is a wonderland" mayer I am checking some out

What's the lineup for the new band with Mayer. I can't quite manage to hear them in my head, but I can see Mayer working out with them. I don't know if this makes sense but the Dead with a slightly smacky sound. What you all think?

Sounds good. I have to research a couple of them, but Jeff Chimenti is a great guy, that I know. I've seen him in concert a few times and he rocks. Sounds like a solid lineup. So Oteli is playing bass. I have to check that out.

I may be on lot for some of the northeast shows, depends on if I can get my parole officer to extend my curfew on whatever night it is. I'm considering going on tour again after parole is over but trying not to get too far ahead of myself.

Also, John Mayer was indeed a bizarre choice - but the boys generally know what they are doing. If only Bobby could finally learn the words to Truckin'... :p

OK, maybe Mayer can jam a bit, I'm less than thrilled given various alterantives, but yet all I know of him really is adult contemporary album music. Ibid. is solid and of course nobody is gonna replace Jerry but perhaps it will provide an interesting sound, in anh event, I'll be showing up for the northeast coast shows just for the ambiance. If you know me or are what I'd guess I'd call a bluelight cousin and have some folks to vouch for you, contact me.

Through the powers of thread necromancy, and the urgings of NSA, I've have now made one big conjoined GD threat cos apparently you guys get to break the rules...:)

Through the powers of thread necromancy, and the urgings of NSA, I've have now made one big conjoined GD threat cos apparently you guys get to break the rules...:)

Thanks, brother. I didn't wanna say anything. But it's better this way. I'd especially hate for pigpen and Michael (rip) posts to fade away

I just saw a really horrible rehearsal video. Granted oteil and Jeff are not playing, but it's still pretty terrible.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=08buMZeXzJ0

I really have no desire to see this lineup. I guess it'd be fun to go get drunk and sing along and spill beer on your buddies and shit, but I think it's prolly time for them to just hang it up all together.

I may be on lot for some of the northeast shows, depends on if I can get my parole officer to extend my curfew on whatever night it is. I'm considering going on tour again after parole is over but trying not to get too far ahead of myself.

Also, John Mayer was indeed a bizarre choice - but the boys generally know what they are doing. If only Bobby could finally learn the words to Truckin'... :p
Don't inhale, and eat boomers and acid. Parole will be none the wiser.
Tell parole that your uncle Speed King is not feeling well and you have to help him out for a week. I'll vouch for you;)