NEMD Grateful Dead Appreciation Thread

Ooohhhh fuck! Am I good, or am I good?

Anyone who thought the shows sounded good definitely ate too many drugs.

You're being dumb. They sounded amazing. Definitely had some serious trainwreck jams in just about every song but if you didn't expect that going into these shows you're absolutely retarded. Sorry you couldn't afford to go.

Sorry. That was mean. I'm just farting rainbows right now and just had the best 3 nights of my life. About to go check into a super swank hotel, eat a rich and important adult meal go to Cubs game and keep buttfucking this city until Thursday. I am so happy right now. I sat next to the kyndest old head last night. Around my parents age. Dude was crushing

And you base the assumption that I'm not in Chicago just because I didn't call you?

Ouch. Wanna go have dinner at the publican?

Definitely

I don't know, do you think I can afford it?

Man you two.. good lord I hope you two are fucking rite now....

Last edited:
I was jamming to them earlier today I really like there early stuff where it has little psychedelic surprises laid out into the tracks. Gotta give it up to Bear he was essential in making them into who they were.

no.
you're weak.
You didn't want to hang out.

You wouldn't have sent a message on bluelight if you did, checking back hours/days later for a response.
or did you drop your phone in a puddle of vodka again?

Last edited:
I think knife and I have settled our differences and are in love again. I am still glowing from Chicago. I can't believe I witnessed that shit. It was like 70,000 people were celebrating their birthday all at once or something

Roll call for upcoming northeast shows?

Won't be at those, but I think I'm going to the Atlanta show depending on work. Mid week show and I have a stupid week long meeting that week. I might have to do it sober. Not sure I can handle john Mayer sober

Maybe one of the less commonly mentioned numbers but to me, memorably one of the first Dead songs, at my first show, performed live, that really rocked my chemically enhanced world at the time. Intense waves of feeling and synaesthesia that I don't think I may ever forget.

my trippiest Dead experience was tripping during Tennessee Jed live at Bonnaroo [in Tennessee]

"Tennessee, Tennessee..
aint no place id rather be"

the sky was melting.. the colors.. then i joined Ween for the end of the night

right after i saw her..

bob weir at his finest

my first black throated wind - i had no idea it would hold up as my all time favorite, between bobby's shorts, jerry's hair, over the top MIDI trumpet effect, his flawless ad-libbing and watching bruce try and keep up

i've been on a widespread panic kick for over a month now
if you don't know where to start with them check out:
Pleas
Pilgrams
Space Wrangler
Hi & Low

or the these 4 songs that opened this show from 6/25/11 red rocks - god damn panic fans know how to get down at shows!

first song kinda sounds like G-L-O-R-I-A
4th song has a very distinct born on the bayou riff and features a JB rap that tops anything pig pen every drunkenly attempted during lovelight

sometimes i wonder if JB's guitar is always plugged in or if he's like bobby and it's going to take me years to pick him up?
dave schools is the best bass player in the genre and jojo is better than anyone that played in the dead - but not quite as good as Paige
and i enjoy the drumming and percussion more than the rhythm devils - take away the guitars and the dead are just an average rock band IMO

I should really check out the internet and the Phil Lesh site more. I had no idea he was playing Central Park on Wed. Darn, I am on vacation and could have planned something with a little time. My loss. But a valuable lessen in keeping up with the goods!

Yeah Phil, 75 and going strong.