• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Good, non-addictive anti-anxiety drugs ?

I'm currently addicted to etizolam and take around 8mg a day which just seems to keep off the withdrawals.

Nearly all supplements are complete crap for moderate/severe anxiety. Phenibut worked quite well until it stopped working (took around 2g a day maybe 5/6 days a week maxing to about 3g) noticed no cravings or withdrawal when I stopped which is interesting as some people say it's as bad as benzo withdrawal :? Pregabalin can also help which I am currently prescribed (though only 75mgx2 day, need to get a dose increase), I don't find it at all addictive and used recreationally it's such a messy drug which makes you stupid and dizzy for hours for a little bit of euphoria, not something I enjoy.

I've tried valerian, aniracetam, theanine, passion flower (gave me heart palps), inderal, SSRIs and lots of other stuff all of little to no help.

Interestingly I do enjoy chamomile tea when using around 3/4 teabags and left to steep for at least 5-10 minutes (covered to stop the oils from evaporating) which calms me slightly. Kratom can also help but is addictive.

Do these exist? 8(

You see, I don't want to take benzos - I don't want to take anything I could become dependent on. I need to stay away from *anything* addictive - no compromises. =D

My last psychiatrist (who was super conservative) never gave me anything good. He always gave me seroquel 25mg to 100mg for anxiety prn.

I'm currently addicted to etizolam and take around 8mg a day which just seems to keep off the withdrawals.

Nearly all supplements are complete crap for moderate/severe anxiety. Phenibut worked quite well until it stopped working (took around 2g a day maybe 5/6 days a week maxing to about 3g) noticed no cravings or withdrawal when I stopped which is interesting as some people say it's as bad as benzo withdrawal :? Pregabalin can also help which I am currently prescribed (though only 75mgx2 day, need to get a dose increase), I don't find it at all addictive and used recreationally it's such a messy drug which makes you stupid and dizzy for hours for a little bit of euphoria, not something I enjoy.

I've tried valerian, aniracetam, theanine, passion flower (gave me heart palps), inderal, SSRIs and lots of other stuff all of little to no help.

Interestingly I do enjoy chamomile tea when using around 3/4 teabags and left to steep for at least 5-10 minutes (covered to stop the oils from evaporating) which calms me slightly. Kratom can also help but is addictive.

Thanks, dude...I'll get some chamomile tea - worth a shot.

i don't know if it's really any good...never helped me.. but some people swear by buspirone.

Exercise + a healthy diet as well as going to see therapist, (or even better regulated diet, as you don't have to be perfect) is probably the only way to reduce your anxiety and have it be a lasting effect, with out any addiction, well besides potentially to exercising. Drugs are never a good solution for anxiety for very long (really only should be used in the short term). Stress + anxiety are not necessarily unhealthy, and can actually help increase ones ability to manage stress and anxiety easier over time. A little stress helps push people to get things done and even help one do it better than if there was no stress stimuli. So it should be ones goal to get yourself to this point. Anti-anxiety drugs taken for extended periods generally end up increasing ones sensitivity to anxiety once tapered off them, leaving you with a bigger problem than you started with.

Exercise + a healthy diet as well as going to see therapist, (or even better regulated diet, as you don't have to be perfect) is probably the only way to reduce your anxiety and have it be a lasting effect, with out any addiction, well besides potentially to exercising. Drugs are never a good solution for anxiety for very long (really only should be used in the short term). Stress + anxiety are not necessarily unhealthy, and can actually help increase ones ability to manage stress and anxiety easier over time. A little stress helps push people to get things done and even help one do it better than if there was no stress stimuli. So it should be ones goal to get yourself to this point. Anti-anxiety drugs taken for extended periods generally end up increasing ones sensitivity to anxiety once tapered off them, leaving you with a bigger problem than you started with.
Preach brother preach!
All u benzoheads read this carefully

Just an update: received some suntheanine this morning. Going to give it a bash. 5htp before bed - suntheanine in the morning. I've been on valium anc etiz during the past few weeks because I've been suffering panic attacks and they've helped a lot but I don;t want to remain taking them.

fuck olanzapine. seriously.
i'd rather take quetiapine and i hate that shit.

Lyrica + Mirtrazapine killed my anxiety. That combo is miles more effective than lyrica alone or lyrica and an SSRI. (For me anyway)

Have noticed really bad dry mouth in mornings & drool on pillow not much though just lil bit guessing those symptoms will go away in a few days.

What about males who plan on not getting pregnant? Why everybody so negative towards olanzapine? Does it impair memory like benzos?

because it is a fucking disgusting drug, fuck zyprexa.

if you are talking benzos, the least, or supposed to be least addictive ones are clorazepate which is a prodrug for desmethyldiazepam, a partial-agonist at benzo receptors. also, oxazepam is good because it is the benzo with the slowest absorption rate

Those gaba supplements are garbage. Iv taken like 3 at once and it didn't do shit, all placebo. It doesnt cross the blood brain barrier.