• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Good, non-addictive anti-anxiety drugs ?

^phenibut can be extremely addictive with some very harsh withdrawals. be very careful with dosing and avoid combining with any and all other CNS depressants.

though, i'm sure you know this since you've probably done your research. and even though you posted it in a "non-addictive" thread;)

do yourself a favour and do some thorough research before actually making the decision to use it. the pro's are generally outweighed by the cons.

wilso said:
I find phenibut to be unbeatable for anti-anxiety, plus you will never sleep so well in your life. As long as you take it reasonably, 2-3 times a week, it is not addictive

it IS addictive. where did you get the impression that it's not?

I would strongly recommend phenibut. It's done Wonders for me and aslong as you stick to using it two to three times a week you'll have no problem

adapt 232 (swedish adaptogen formula containing rhodiola, schizandra, and eleuthero), niacinamide, ashwagandha, gotu kola, bacopa, l-theanine, noopept, aniracetam, magensium threonate, magnesium glycinate, magnesium taurate, taurine, niacin, lithium orotate, lemon balm, holy basil, etc...

hint: adapt 232 and niacinamide are the most reliable/consistent

I'm going through long term suboxone withdrawal. I've been off for weeks now and have located as MANY anti-anxiety aids to help me along the way as possible. Since my anxiety is more nervous system/adrenal/epinephrine based it may not work on mental anxiety in the same way. (note: not taken all at once but when needed) My personal arsenal:

Niacin- flushes the blood vessels, provides a sense of warmth and comfort and over time may reduce many depression/anxiety symptoms

Magnesium- up to 80% of americans (from what i've read) are deficient causing anxiety and depression. You'll need to take this daily as well as Epsom salt baths to draw out toxins from your body which can cause anxiety.

L-Theanine- Doesn't do much but it has a SLIGHT calming effect. I'd advise the powder version as I've tried sub lingual with minimal results

Phenibut- Gabba enhancer will help your mood stabilize and can calm the mind and body, should be cycled without being used consecutively for too long

St. John's Wort + 5-HTP- to enhance serotonin and to provide a positive mentality

Xanax, Klonopin, or Valium- I felt that the valium took away the most anxiety but caused me to be drunkish, xanax makes me tired, Klonopin probably helps the most without feeling as druggy i'm assuming due to its anti seziure effects.

kava kava.its not addictive,and it can have a very strong effect especially a strong drink of it.

After having taken 300mg lyrica and ~50mg hydroxyzine daily for a year, I can safely say that the hydroxyzine is amazingly helpful for OCD/ADD related anxiety due to its powerful 5-HT2C antagonist properties. My anxiety greatly decreased when I was upped from 30mg hydroxyzine to 50-75mg hydroxyzine daily.

Lyrica can be very addictive, but I don't abuse it since I actually need it to work for my anxiety, so I take a single 300mg capsule every morning.

Since initiating this post last year, I've found the once weekly use of phenibut helps me breeze through any particularly anxiety-inducing situations. I only take about 500mg and it eliminates *all* my social anxiety, gives me energy (but not edgy energy) and it makes me enjoy the day - no matter what it throws at me.

exercise !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flupentixol

This is also being used to treat anxiety (anxiety related to depression).

The brand name Fluanxol seems to refer to anxiety.
Flupentixol acts as an antagonist at various dopamine (D1-D5), serotonin (5-HT2), adrenaline (α1), and histamine (H1) receptors,[8] without affecting the muscarinic acetylcholine receptors.[9]
Its antipsychotic effects are likely caused by D2 and/or 5-HT2A antagonism, whereas its antidepressant effects at lower doses may be mediated by preferential D2/D3 autoreceptor blockade, resulting in increased postsynaptic activation.

not what you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found the once weekly use of phenibut helps me breeze through any particularly anxiety-inducing situations.

How often do you take it? Every day? Do you worry about dependency?

I've found the once weekly use of phenibut helps me breeze through any particularly anxiety-inducing situations.

:)

3char

success, sex, exercise, being proactive with your responsibilities, a good night's sleep, healthy lifestyle...

these things produce the natural chemicals to eliminate anxiety.
all these other substances are for the most part going to change your brain chemistry and have a harsher, less sustainable effect profile

propranolol, buspirone.

Ah yes, how could I forget beta blockers? I've only taken Metoprolol, but 12.5-25mg has worked fantastically for when I have physical symptoms anxiety, especially during full-blown panic attacks.

I just don't like taking it daily due to the depression it causes: sometimes we need healthy amounts of noradrenaline in our bloodstream to function properly. It is only when your blood pressure skyrockets or when you have a panic attack that it is useful for treating physical symptoms of anxiety.

Just don't take it with heavy stimulants, as beta blockers work by preventing the release of NE from the heart, which sounds good, but NE actually has significant vasodilating properties that soften the cardiac system blow. Blocking its release by using beta blockers while stimmed/tripping will undoubtedly cause a hypertensive crisis, or at least a significant increase in blood pressure and cardiac load.

I have yet to try buspirone; I am curious about it and might try it when I am no longer smoking weed, as weed also is a partial agonist of the 5-HT1A receptors, so combining both buspirone and cannabis seems redundant and likely to give you brain zaps.

Ah crap, my bad. I was iced up to my eyeballs. *sigh.

Once weekly... I might get my girlfriend to try that. She struggles with anxiety. Personally, I just ended up abusing the Phenibut, but then I have depression not anxiety.

How often do you take it? Every day? Do you worry about dependency?

Hi. Once a week for me. 500mg a couple of hours before bed = sweet dreams and great day after. I suppose you could take it twice a week at that dose, but I don't want to risk tolerance/dependence. I know it's not a daily fix for anti-anxiety but phenibut does teach you a lot about being less anxious. While you have phenibut in your system, reap what it teaches you about how to handle yourself and your life. You can carry it on into the rest of the week until your next dose. Phenibut definitely has the potential to give you success in life :)

Sex is a good natural cure for me, exercise and eating all fruits and vegetables for about 2 weeks is another big one

really give it 2 weeks and youll be on a natural high 24/7 man

good luck

Exercising helped tremendously with my anxiety, as did taking a daily multivitamin and amino acids. Sometimes I take Kava Kava and Valerian Root if I am really nervous, and I find it takes the edge off decently.