• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Good, non-addictive anti-anxiety drugs ?

I have a good NONE ADDICTIVE Not dangerous anti anxiety and anti depressive its known as Sceletium Tortuosum, Kanna it is about 10 to 100 times more potent than St.Johns wort.
Initial effect stimulation( moderate) , Mood lift, increased sociability , Moderate to strong Anti Anxiety, Anti Depressant, Feelings of calm & peace tranquility, Appetite Supression, Increase of mental focus, concentration Increased mental and physical endurance , Accentuation of senses and vision, Increased connection with Nature

Subsiding effect feeling of sedation , tired and slight fatigue but it eases and calms you into Sleep.

It is known as Zembrin Pharmaceutically manufactered Sceletium Tortuosum, it is made by a South African Pharmaceutical firm. However you can buy extracted powder, Regular powder and Pharmaceutical grade powder online or at certain headshops.

I suffer from Anxiety and Depressed moods and stress at times. I used some good grade extracted Sceletium these days. It is amazing that something Herbal is so potent the effects are instantaneous, I feel stimulation, Empathy feelings of Peace and a signficant Reduction in Anxiety level. Appetite suppression is noted I have lost some weight on this slight, its not like Amphetamine.

I use very good Kanna Powder and extract that a friend prepares from me it comes from a farm out of South Africa the Kanna powder, hey buys it from the source he owns a grow shop . It is potent.

Its anxiolytic effects are on Par with tricyclic antidepressant Imipramine and it could possibly Rival Prozac.

Here is an online Article from the pharmaceutical firm
http://www.zembrin.com/2013/02/11/a-south-african-herb-that-may-rival-prozac/

Remember Sceletium Tortuosum is a succulent it only grows Naturally in South Africa, used by tribes there. Its effect exceed other herbal antidepressant it is the most potent natural anxiolytic, anti depressant. Its effect is unique in that low dosages are excellent for anxiolytic effects, and a stronger dosage can result in Stimulation Mild Euphoria followed by Sedation.

Another note I wanted to make, is that the active alkaloids are Mesembrine, Mesembrenol, Tortuoasamine, and a few more to name.

Mesembrine and Mesembrenol Have a strong affinity for Serotonin.

They are Serotonin Reuptake inhibitors and PDE4 Phosphodiesterase inhibitor which results in their peripheral effects of increased blood flow to the brain this causes decreased Mental fatigue, Mental clearness and stimulation.

in the pharmaceutical grade manufactured pills from HGH Pharmaceutical firm Africa. Mesembrine is included in the microgram range within the pill. So it is highly active at low dosages.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good liquid vitamin B supplement. It saved my sister's life when no doctors would help her. I was skeptical, but after having some severe anxiety problems myself I tried it and it does help. I had used vitamin b supplements in the past in pill form with no noticeable effect, but with the liquid form I noticed an effect in under a week. It must have to do with absorbancy? It is worth a try!

The only one that i found to be very very very helpful for bad anxiety is something that is more unheard of or rare in the united states it's called Dr. Reckeweg's R14. When visiting Egypt in the summer someone suggested trying this to me and i was very reluctant to try it because i heard it was a "homeopathic" medicine which i thought were all bullshit and just wanted benzos.

It is a liquid vial, and after pouring the recommended amount of 10-15 drops in a little bit of water or preferably juice, i was extremely intoxicated (drunk in a good way) with all my anxiety and everything gone since it contains high content of alcohol, and all natural herbs including valerian root, chamomile etc. After the first few doses (take it 3 times a day) you don't feel the intoxicated feeling anymore (I personally liked it) But get a major relief in anxiety, it also helps getting sleep, slowing down your thoughts, and just feeling less worried and nervous etc and other symptoms associated with anxiety.

Best thing was I used it 3 times daily 15 drops each time for 2 months, and their were NO withdrawals or anything addictive about it. 100% non addictive and extremely effective.

I find just one or two puffs off a joint is quite relaxing ..
I find with weed you have to have a lower dose to not trip out and become anxious.
Especially if ur an inexperienced toker

Comments on some stuff discussed here:

Benzos are often addictive (they aren't addictive for everyone; some people withdraw easily; I vary my dose quite a bit and during weeks that I take less due to less anxiety I don't get withdrawal, but addiction is common, I admit; I've been on moderate doses for well over a dozen years), but the gold standard of effectiveness without side effects besides potential for addiction (at truly high doses, memory loss can be a problem).

Gabapentin and the generic for Lyrica (pregabulin or something like that) are often pretty effective and are considered less addictive. Gabapentin isn't a controlled substance and Lyrica more lightly controlled than benzos. They have fairly mild side effects, but not as few as benzos.

BuSpar does almost nothing for most people. A very few people get actual bad reactions to it, but it can really help some people (it's just the minority). It's low side-effect and nonaddictive, so I asked to add it and it helps a bit with my anxiety but definitely helps with my depression. I tend to think everyone with anxiety issues or that is helped at all by SSRIs or SNRIs and would like to boost them should try it. Most people, it won't work for. But you might be in the lucky minority. And it's very unlikely you'll feel something bad from it.

GABA supplements are placebos, because almost none of the GABA will cross the blood-brain barrier.

Picamilion does what people think the GABA supplements will do, by combining GABA with Niacin so it gets past the blood brain barrier and metabolizes there. What I hear from people who take Picamilion is it's effective but its length is unpredictable. It can calm (and tire) you for just an hour or two, or keep you fatigued for 12 hours. Posts in this thread have backed it up. Picamilion is OTC in the USA, but is a common prescription in a few countries. Picamilion is very addictive if taken every day, so has to be taken only occasionally.

Kava, from what I've heard, has effects similar to a weak benzo. I think (I might be wrong) it uses the same mechanism as benzos so it would be just as potentially addictive if so. It might be worth it if you really want a benzo and can't get one prescribed.

Some psychiatrists like to treat anxiety with SSRIs, but they're fairly weak treatments. By unselectively increasing the brain's serotonin levels, they fire on Serotonin type 2 receptors as well as Type 1. Type 1 calms you, but Type 2 (to a bit of a lesser degree) makes you nervous.

Serzone/Nefazadone in some ways is the antidepressant for treating anxiety. It's out of favor because it (very rarely) blows up people's livers. This is another one I take. It inhibits reptake of Serotonin but inhibits key Type 2 receptors, so you get many more Type 1 calming effects than Type 2 anxiety effects. It has a short half-life and is sedating, and it has a metabolite that isn't so good, and it also doesn't inhibit serotonin reuptake as well as SSRIs do. But overall I think it's a good drug (but you still need something else for sudden bouts). Like SSRIs and SNRIs it has a discontinuation syndrome, but none of those are thought of as addictive like benzos.

The one drug I saw mentioned here that will often make anxiety worse is Wellbutrin. Wellburtrin is good for a lot of people, people who feel too little and can't take pleasure in anything, aka anhedonia. But the dopamine/norepinephrine increase isn't great for anxiety.

Oh, and then the atypical antipsychotics, most often Zyprexa or Seroquel. Those do tend to be good for anxiety, sort of as opposites of Wellbutrin while in addition being agonists for serotonin Type 1 receptors and antagonists for Type 2 receptors. And they aren't addictive. But their blocking of dopamine receptors can cause the anhedonia Wellbutrin treats so well, plus they have other side effects like weight gain. When my anxiety has become really bad, I've needed them, because my psychiatrist has wanted to keep my benzo dosage moderate, so they're the big guns. And if it's that bad I'm willing to accept the side effects to get rid of the anxiety. It's a tradeoff that's sometimes worth making.