• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings CXCV - Back in the day we'd change a thread title and it'd stay changed

I am on the train home. It isn't crowded but people are just annoying and there's a wee chav girl (Don's fave) cursing away on the phone who clearly has no manners!

I wonder.. Is the term 'chavs' belittling of an underprivileged working class? Is it a means for the Establishment to influence critical attitudes of the 'upper classes' towards the more destitute. Is it political correctness gone mad? Do 'chavs' give a hoot?

Hey its me we're talking about ;) I wouldn't be a cunt electrician. Learn and do things properly and you'd get repeat work and recommendations. Surely these guys are not trained or just don't care. If i was in someones house messing with electric I'd be polite and fucking careful.

Hey its me we're talking about ;) I wouldn't be a cunt electrician. Learn and do things properly and you'd get repeat work and recommendations. Surely these guys are not trained or just don't care. If i was in someones house messing with electric I'd be polite and fucking careful.

Fair play to ya mate, I've just had lots of bad experiences with bad tradesmen (as if it wasn't obvious) - and I've had the misfortune to work with many of them as well. I'm sure the good guys exist, I just haven't found any yet.

Yeah. We watched a documentary about the railways with that grey-haired old guy out of the Apprentice recently, and they covered the nationalised train service in NI. It looks great. But not much different from our local train service. All that stuff you see in the big English cities looks like a different fucking planet.
)

It's not a bad service but not great value, in my opinion. Plus, all you need to do is place a bag, with a few wires poking out, within 50 metres of the track and there's a bus substitution. There's often bastardin' security alerts on the track, especially during marching season. It's can really derail your plans :eek:

Most of what you need to know about electricity is as follows:
  • E = I * R
  • P = E * I
  • Things in series have the same current flowing through them
  • Things in parallel have the same voltage across them
  • The voltage across a capacitor cannot change instantaneously
  • The current through an inductor cannot change instantaneously
Such simple rules, such beautiful consequences .....

Simple rules innit

9780471431329.gif

linky: https://archive.org/details/ClassicalElectrodynamics

*shudders*

Are you using "E" to denote voltage?
Yes -- to avoid confusion with V the symbol and V the unit. Like you wouldn't call a length m. E for Electro-motive Force.

In German texts, by the way, they often use U to denote a voltage (the German word word for which is Spannung).

Good morning all!

I am on the shitty train once more but at least I have tonight to look forward to 530! Hope everyone has a wonderful day <3

Morning!

Decided I'm going to leave my employer of nearly a decade to do an MA, so today and the rest of the week will be spent down the library. Take that, the man.

It's far too tempting to do a Frankly Mr Shankly right away, but I suppose I'd better secure a place first.

Sweet merciful crap! I just heard a crow go off that sounded more like a pterodactyl than actual bird! I nearly shat myself!

Spud, sounds like a plan. Today being one of those days that I wish I were more like you. Am really gonna have to secure myself a position in college soon to change paths in life. A job that once made me happy is now pissing me off as they're taking the piss out of people who actually work hard. Fuck that shit! Enough of my negativity. I have an entire day to be subjected to it. I'm gonna enjoy the positives in my life before I enter the gates of hell.

Morning all! Pterodactyl crows do not sound like a good way to start the day, tho possibly a good premise for a shitty film.

Visiting the missus' family this week, been great so far. We ended up turning the local Wetherspoons into a temporary gay bar last night and got weed that had me running out from the garden and across the road so I could giggle hysterically over nothing without waking up her mother. Not been that high in years, really need to take some home or explore our options a bit more re: people who flog weed.

cheers Sadie.

A job that once made me happy is now pissing me off as they're taking the piss out of people who actually work hard. Fuck that shit!

This, exactly. Sack them off if you can.

I came out of hospital to find they'd disallowed the pay rise I was promised and am effectively pay frozen on the level people only in the job a month are on. After thinking life's too short to do this shit, it was the final straw. They can get fucked - their loss.

You regret the things you don't do, and other platitudes ;)