• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings CXCV - Back in the day we'd change a thread title and it'd stay changed

He's not coming to me I planned to go to his but his phones still off. Sleepy shit.

I'll just have to smoke on my lonesome :p

So wild, stinking, crumpet juice is the new 'Sunday lunch' songs of praise, bath, hammer house of horror *edit -tales of the unexpected* and bed?

Before the fall Eden was higher eg spiritual and good, utterly good as was all its spiritual seed, plus there was no death or decay before eve ate the fruit. After the fall from grace all things dropped to a level separate from Life eg God, so all its seed became subject to death. Jesus, the promised seed that would overcome death has a spiritual kingdom which stamps on the enemy...death so all his believing offspring have everlasting Life. K? ?

Before the fall Eden was higher eg spiritual and good, utterly good as was all its spiritual seed, plus there was no death or decay before eve ate the fruit. After the fall from grace all things dropped to a level separate from Life eg God, so all its seed became subject to death. Jesus, the promised seed that would overcome death has a spiritual kingdom which stamps on the enemy...death so all his believing offspring have everlasting Life. K? ��

Sure. You're saying it's all the fault of women right?

I knew it.

Well the snake tempted her. I don't think she had a clue what death meant... In a world of life why would you fear anything, particularly death.
Basically the snake wanted God and true life out of the equation so he could rule this fallen,war torn,survival of the fittest world.

The message I get from Genesis is that Hissing Sid was really the good guy; because God was quite clearly setting Adam and Eve up to fail, using a series of rigged carnival sideshow stunts. If God was omniscient, He would have known in advance that they were going to want to taste the apple. And they couldn't even have known, by definition, before they tasted it, that it was wrong. So He took advantage of an imbalance of power in his favour to manipulate them into behaving a certain way. I mean, God could have set up that flaming sword stunt in advance. But no. He knew exactly what was going to happen, and He let it happen. That makes Him the villain of this story, as far as I'm concerned.

Ah, well, who cares? It's all made up anyway.

I agree with m'learned colleague's assessment of the situation. %)

There is some good in the bible, the stories of Jesus are largely ones of unconditional compassion and who to argue with him throwing the money out of the temple.

I know people who genuinely try to be good people through their faith, OK so they believe in all kinds of outlandish scribblings from 100s of years ago when people had little understanding of he true nature of our world but for me the central thing is being a decent person.

I do see religions as anachronisms, it;s understanding that has failed to evolve IMHO, I would have to describe myself as an atheist as I don;'t believe in the whole God thing. but I do have my beliefs and they arent of a cold universe that just is and we die and it all means nothing, the human race has only just started to discover the tangible wonders of the universe, science is showing more and more that things are just not as they seem, reality is much less concrete than we like to think. At a particle level all our traditional understandings no longer work, things can't be measured and observation effects what happens, the mystery is right here and we are able to comprehend our own existence and look back at the universe from which we were born from.

We must all find our own truth, it isnt to be found in a book, I believe we all have that knowledge within us, it has to be that way or what would happen to those who didnt get access to this book ? I could go on ...it is Sunday but I'm also of the belief that language isnt really up to the job of explaining such things, the best we can attempt is a well constructed analogy or two.

When I start wearing sandals and a robe and appear to shimmer in and out of existence as I glitter in hyperspace, I'll have another shot at the whole flimble flamble :)

Link forward to latest instalment

Last edited by a moderator: