• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings CXCV - Back in the day we'd change a thread title and it'd stay changed

A Way to Brew Morphine Raises Concerns Over Regulation

.. drug-regulatory authorities are ill prepared to control a process that will benefit the heroin trade much more than the prescription painkiller industry. The world should take steps to head that off, they argue, by locking up the bioengineered yeast strains and restricting access to the DNA that would let drug cartels reproduce them.

Synthetic morphine/heroin very soon..

Well that was a bit out the blue, 9 months ago I enquired about doing a course to become a qualified electrician...got a call today, then got a guy come round for an hour a few hours later to 'interview' me and see if i'm suitable. He has to want me to do it/believe I can, which he made very clear. Getting phoned at 12 tomorrow for decision.

It's something I've been wanting to do for a while now, as it seems like good money, lots of work out there, job safety etc.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow if I'll have a career possibly lined up. 8(

The thing about science is, it's totally open. Scientists publish details of their experiments and other scientists can try to repeat them and see if they get the same results. Now, even if they manage to conceal just one important fact about the process, the fact that they discovered it in the first place only proves that it's possible for someone else to discover the same fact independently.

That particular genie isn't going to go back into the bottle. We live by the Laws of Nature, not the other way around. Biosynthesis is inevitable, and the world is simply going to have to get used to it.

Well that was a bit out the blue, 9 months ago I enquired about doing a course to become a qualified electrician...got a call today, then got a guy come round for an hour a few hours later to 'interview' me and see if i'm suitable. He has to want me to do it/believe I can, which he made very clear. Getting phoned at 12 tomorrow for decision.

It's something I've been wanting to do for a while now, as it seems like good money, lots of work out there, job safety etc.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow if I'll have a career possibly lined up. 8(

Bloody hell. Grab that with both hands. Seriously.

i saw the legendary mike scott and the waterboys perform last night in sac'to. seriously one of the best shows i've been to in a very long time. the guy on keyboards was "brother" paul brown and he was incredible.

alasdair

Another week of commuting on the train. I really hate trains. Especially in miserable weather.

To celebrate completing my first year at my job, I have called in sick this morning.

I am actually sick though :(

Btw - that LSD by the gallon story was indeed a fake.

I used to be able to walk to work; but the new office is a walk, a bus journey and another walk away.

Still, this place has boats! And a huge deep lock! And a café in the old lock-keeper's cottage, affording excellent people- and boat-watching opportunities. Years spent learning to make a pint last as long as possible, re-applied to tea and a muffin, have not gone amiss .....

Good morning all!

That’s the stuff of nightmares….especially a morning commute crammed in with people in your space all standing in that awkward silence staring at phones. Thank fuck I’ve got a 5 min drive to get to work.

Enjoy you time with the Space Invaders :sus:

Overcrowding is not generally a problem on our quaint little trains %)

I woke up early to sign for my post but fell asleep and had a few dreams where the post arrived but not the items I was wanting. The dreams were filled with insane amounts of Royal Mail vans, and a subsequent very violent riot..no doubt in protest at my post not arriving.

I woke up and there's a lovely envelope outside my bedroom door :D All is saved.

I'm sure I posted not 4 days ago hypothesising that the new and totally unexpected "super-harvest" of Poppies was a result of Gen. Modification.
I'd love to see just how many traits are selected for... ;)

I have the day off work......root canal work booked for 11am ..great 8)

I'm guessing that later I will be largely unable to speak and morose and tetchy....business as normal ;)

oooch Allein - don't envy your day (even with the drugs).

I hope every has a great day

Bear

NSFW:
bg-2015.jpg

Bloody hell. Grab that with both hands. Seriously.

Well he was a bit concerned on the phone about the fact I've dropped out of 2 uni's twice, both in 2nd year... which is understandable. I obviously did enough to alleviate his worries yesterday, as he was happy to offer me a place on phone today. Starts in July I think he said :)

Now to pull my finger out and not fail at another thing in life! It's all legit and government sanctioned/qualifications recognised/whatever. A lot of it is learning from home, online tests, some 'in office' tests including 3D software of some sort to simulate a room or whatever and you have to put things together correctly virtually. Then they own their own warehouses or something and you get proper hands on work for a few weeks (flexible with when that is though).

By the end of it you get the 'qualification(s)' so you can self certify your own work and obviously get a foot on ladder easier.

But yeah good news :) no one wants to be told to fuck off reject =D My sisters bf is adamant he could get me a job if I had this. He's worked as an electrician for 4 or 5 years now, earning shed loads.