• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

GHB/1,4-B/GBL Discussion and use- Part II

^ Only you can say whether you should try it or not, just make sure that you educate yourself on the substance if you choose to indulge, try do it with experienced (and hopefully informed, but that may be wishful thinking) users and take a conservative dose. Like the saying goes, you can always take more but you can't take less.

I have used it a couple of times without incident, always dosing conservatively. I think the 2 main problems with G use are dilution resulting in largely varying purity and the huge level of immaturity a lot of users have towards the substance despite often experiencing and/or witnessing the negative effects of this drug weekend after weekend.

You can safely use G for sure, but it can definately lead to complications quicker than a lot of other drugs when you take more than you should. The unfortunate legal status of G means it is often adulterated, this leads to difficulty when dosing. That is why you should always test a small dose like 1mL or so of a new batch to determine strength before taking a full dose.

it is also dangerous to combine it with alcohol, because they potentiate eachother. Also, I am pretty sure alcohol prevents metabolism of 1.4b (I am told this is the most common form of "G" in Australia, and it is the form I encountered from 2 different sources on the occassions I tried it) to GHB in the body meaning if you have a few beers before you charge the 1.4b wont have an effect untill your body has metabolised all the alcohol some time later, this often causes inexperienced users to redose under the misconception they have a weak batch and later blowing out when the alcohol clears their system and all the built up 1.4b converts to GHB at once.

tried a couple times never been able to hit a sweet spot so have given up but friends swear by it

It's nothing special, honestly. To me it felt like the feeling you get on a low dose benzo combined with a few drinks. Standard GABAergic 'high' (if you could call it that).

I can see the appeal in combining it with meth, but by itself I don't understand how people get so into it.

It's nothing special, honestly. To me it felt like the feeling you get on a low dose benzo combined with a few drinks. Standard GABAergic 'high' (if you could call it that).

I can see the appeal in combining it with meth, but by itself I don't understand how people get so into it.

How many times have you done it? I read something about it taking a few sessions for the appropriate enzymes to get to a decent level. I know for my first 2-3 times the effects were very underwhelming compared to what they are like now.

I've never understood why G is so popular, to me it's a useful 'side dish' of a drug to combine with something else, but by itself it doesn't have that much appeal imo.

Anyway, I think the main thing that needs to happen is increased user education. When I used to work at a well known hard trance club in Melb, it seemed everyone tried to ignore the problem, 'out of sight, out of mind'. One time 2 panicking guys said their friend had OD'd and they'd lost him. 'How do you lose someone who has OD'd?' I remember thinking, but hours later a very sick (...dead) looking guy was rushed out by the bouncers. He'd passed out on the dancefloor and people had thrown their jumpers over him so he couldn't be seen :\

IT doesn't work for everyone properly. When I first took it possibly 2 years ago I got almost mdma like effects once I found the right dose.

How I long for those days!

To anyone worrying about trying it, it is incredibly addictive and I'd recommend buying small amounts. You'll be amazed how quickly a couple of nights a week can turn into 20ml a day round the clock use :\. Once you do it regularly it's not even that enjoyable that much anymore and more just a case of chasing away rebounds/withdrawals and hoping for a mild boost.

Regarding danger, I thoroughly researched the substance, knew all about the receptors it enacted on and how addictive/dangerous could be but it hasn't stopped me seizuring on at least 2 or 3 occasions and descending into serious addiction. Admittedly my various fuckups on G have involved reckless combinations but GBL is bad for completely losing inhibitions and being stupid.

Is it normal that that my feet feels all weird on GHB?
Feels weirdly "numb"

^ Not sure but I get something similar on GBL; my legs feel really heavy and pins-and-needle-y if that makes sense? I get the same thing on phenibut so I'm assuming it has something to do with GABA. Any explanations oh wise and knowledgeable bluelighters? =D

Done. Let's see if anyone can offer up any useful ideas about how to reverse the situation? I don't know how big the fanta scene is in Brisbane but I've seen people thrown out of clubs since ~ 2003 for closing their eyes and nodding their heads for a minute or so. I hadn't encountered any before 1999 though.

it started to show it's face in the valley around the mid 90's, was being sold as Liquid Ecstasy

only tried it once, was blue and tasted salty, had about half of what a dose was sold as, didn't really do much to me

I find it funny when people look down on people sniffing glue or paint, yet have no problem swallowing 1,4 or gbl lol

Other then mdma, juice and shards and my favorite combo. To those saying i dont understand the appeal of it, im fairly sure you woudn't have had the correct dose. It took me ages of using it to finally figure out the dose i needed that gave me that great feeling, without going overbored. And im not even going to start on the effects its had on the melbourne rave scene. Incosiderate fucks.

it started to show it's face in the valley around the mid 90's, was being sold as Liquid Ecstasy

only tried it once, was blue and tasted salty, had about half of what a dose was sold as, didn't really do much to me

I find it funny when people look down on people sniffing glue or paint, yet have no problem swallowing 1,4 or gbl lol

I tried it first in the late 90s - the first time i saw it, it was a clear liquid. The first time I tried it, however, it was blue and salty. I also first heard of it as liquid ecstasy, and only heard it called Fanta in the media. (the first massive publicised blow-out on the Gold Coast in 1999-2000?). I also agree with your last comment - regardless of the drug, some people will always look down their noses at others' drug use :\

Has anyone tried GHB/GBL and modafinil?
I wonder if the modafinil is strong enough to keep me "up" :)

I tried it first in the late 90s - the first time i saw it, it was a clear liquid. The first time I tried it, however, it was blue and salty. I also first heard of it as liquid ecstasy, and only heard it called Fanta in the media. (the first massive publicised blow-out on the Gold Coast in 1999-2000?). I also agree with your last comment - regardless of the drug, some people will always look down their noses at others' drug use :\

Actually it may have been in the late 90's, I really don't remember much :| lol
Drug use is drug use in my view, it's like comparing cat shit with dog shit, in the end it's all shit lol

Has anyone tried GHB/GBL and modafinil?
I wonder if the modafinil is strong enough to keep me "up" :)

Have no idea, interesting question though. I personally don't find it stimulating enough in that sense.

Halla, modafinil won't keep you up more than a couple of cups of coffee would ime. I wouldn't test it, it's not really worth it.

So it’s been a while since I’ve had any of either and I was wondering - how would you tell the difference between 1,4-b/GBH/GBL?

Halla, modafinil won't keep you up more than a couple of cups of coffee would ime. I wouldn't test it, it's not really worth it.

So it’s been a while since I’ve had any of either and I was wondering - how would you tell the difference between 1,4-b/GBH/GBL?

If its in liquid form I think I read over here that you shoul put it in the freezer. Gbl does not freeze, the other two yes.

SNiffing glue and paint destroys your brain. There's no maybe there's a huge amount of evidence that it does. Mri's show lesions throughout the brain of addicts that have suffered brain damage. The solvent replaces the oxygen in red blood cells and your brain cells die via anoxia & probably also toxicity due to the solvent, that's usually toleune.

I don't think there's any evidence that GHB,GBL etc harm the brain. So if you're thinking MAY AS WELL HUFF PETROL/GLUE/PAINT if i'm taking ghb, well don't.